Save the Cheerleader...Save the World

Kaboom

knock knock
Reaction score
Ok, we'all know this but i was thinking. We're all assuming the cheerleader is claire right. but doesnt that make things a little to easy on us? where's the twist? so i got to thinking, what if claire isnt the cheerleader hiro meant?

i have two theories:

Theory 1. that would have to mean there was another cheerleader? but who? the only one i could think of, was the girl who jumped up and said "i saved the burning man" in episode 1. maybe her?

Theory 2. Maybe Hiro really did mean claire. but when the heroes try to find out which cheerleader it is, they stumble across the one who piped up. thinking shes the one they need to protect they stay by her, not knowing claire is the one they have to look after.

Thoughts? additional theories?

Claire is the cheerleader and that's that. let's not out-think ourselves here.

As far as guessing the wrong cheerleader, maybe, but that seems unlikely

Espically since they have pictures of her, not that hard finding a blonde cheerleader with her uniform.

well the girl who took credit for the fire rescue was a blonde cheerleader with the same uni...

but i still don't see it happening like that.

After all, they do have several pictures of Claire so they pretty much know what she looks like.

The twist isn't in whether Claire is the cheerleader of not. The twist is in why saving her will save the world. What determining factor involves her?

then why did they spend so much time talking about a "throw-away" chracter. a well-conceived, well-plotted story (which heroes appears to be) wouldnt have randomness like that just to fill screen time. something will happen to her.

She IS the cheerleader....and I think Sylar is after her next. If he takes her powers he'd be nearly unstoppable...mind powers, freezing abilities, super strength AND the ability to regenerate almost instantly...even regenerate from DEATH.

I'm not so sure he's after her next. I don't think he knows about her yet, but that's just my speculation. I think Sylar will get someone who has knowledge of Claire and her abilities first then set out after her.

There hasn't been any move in her direction by him as of yet that I've seen, and it'd be much more interesting to have it build to him finding out then pursuing her rather than just have him already know of her.

how do we know that sylar is a power-thief? when has that been established?

It's current speculation since he seems like he could have a broad range of powers, and the fact that he's stealing brains

Kaboom said:
how do we know that sylar is a power-thief? when has that been established?

I dont think it was established but i do think he is a mimic. i personally think its Peter. It basically came about because he was shown using a number of powers already established by other characters. But he has already used regenerative powers (ie when the cop shot him at FBI HQ).

I dont know who the bad guy is yet, but i think it the father is less a threat than people think,. Hes obviously up to something but he seems to truly love his daughter.

Plus how do you dave someone who really doesnt need saving. The cheerleader seems to be able to survive a lot of pain.

cerealkiller182 said:
Plus how do you dave someone who really doesnt need saving. The cheerleader seems to be able to survive a lot of pain.

I think you missed out on a major clue then. Sylar is stealing brains. She didn't come back to life in the morgue until AFTER the stick was taken out of her brain.

Disable her brain, disable her abilities. Which is why the painting Peter made in Issac's pad appeared to show her with a serious head wound.

^^^^i definately overlooked that.

I'd say that the father isnt as evil as we think and Sylar (who was in the painting) is the real threat.

i think all its shown sylar using is teke.

he didnt regenerate at fbi hq, it looked only as if he dropped down out of the way of the bullet. it also looked like he made the gun go to ugly agent's head even though she was scared.

plus, everyone is being impaled by household objects without any signs of struggle? the one guy was impaled on the wall?

i thinks thats everything....all sounds like teke to me.

Since we're on the topic:

"Save the Cheerleader, save the world."

Worst.. catch phrase.. ever...

Mixairian said:
Since we're on the topic:

"Save the Cheerleader, save the world."

Worst.. catch phrase.. ever...
yup, but it seems that it stuck

I think the reason most have come to the conclusion that Sylar is a "power stealer" is because he's the only one who's exhibited more than one super power. Sure, you could use the old comic book out that all his powers are various manifestations of telekenesis, but let's be honest: Heroes is a mainstream show for a fairly unsophisticated audience who see a big difference between flying, and forcing someone to put a gun to their head.

If you accept that he has multiple powers, which is what I think the writers were trying to establish in that short moment when we actually see Sylar, then it raises the simple point that only he and Peter have exhibited more than one ability. We know that Peter's are limited by proximity (both spatial and temporal), but we have no reason to believe Sylar's are (or aren't for that matter). Every other person has exhibited only one ability. (for the uber geeks, chronokinesis and teleportation are actually the same ability, so Hiro, as overpowered as he is, only really has one power)

Anyhoo, with the stolen brains, (we've seen 3 instances of these related to Sylar: the FBI crime scene, Isaac in the future with Hiro, and Isaac and Peter's painting of the cheerleader) other than assuming an advanced paraphilia of graphic proportions, (which is likely still the case!), and given the context within the show, it appears to be a very strong suggestion of power theiving. They seem to make it quite clear that the stealing of the brains is important, that they appear to be the brains of super powered people, and it all appears to be done by one person, a person who himself has multiple abilities.

okay, so that's a tad tautological, but ca c'est la vie.

4, dont forget the guy impaled where greg gunberg first manifests telepathy

Kaboom said:
4, dont forget the guy impaled where greg gunberg first manifests telepathy

Are you referring to Sylar in that scenario? Or Matt. Certainly that was where Matt first exhibited his telepathy. It's also our first clue that Sylar has the ability of telekenesis.

telekenesis. the ability to move things with your mind.
telepathy. the ability to hear, and possibly control, other people's thoughts. sometimes the ability to project your thoughts into the minds of others.

whoops, i read this wrong: (we've seen 3 instances of these related to Sylar: the FBI crime scene, Isaac in the future with Hiro, and Isaac and Peter's painting of the cheerleader)

i thought you were talking about something else.

I have revised my Sylar theory based on posts I made earlier today.

I don't think Sylar's brain thievery has anything to do with his abilities. Consider: Claire was unable to regenerate until after the stick was taken from her brain. Sylar must know that if her brain is damaged she has no power (not necessarily HER but he knows there's someone out there). Also consider: Hiro tells Peter HE is the key and he needs to save Claire. Peter needs Clair's powers to stop Sylar, and Sylar needs her brain destroyed to prevent her from regenerating thus prevent Peter from gaining her power.

I suspect Sylar doesn't know WHICH hero has the regenerative abilities, or maybe the supers he's killed so far also had it and Claire is the last one. I don't know. But I don't think Sylar can gain her powers by taking her brain, he will just prevent Peter from being strong enough to beat him.

^^^Thats a good theory. I want to know what his motivation is though. Terrorism? Domination? Destruction?

I've been wondering about the importance that Hiro hinted that Peter has.

I wonder, during a battle with someone like Sylar, would Peter absorb all Sylar's powers? Is that why Peter is key?

he doesn't appear to take ther powers yet, so probably not. but he could replicate them...

Sylar isnt eating peoples brains. He's making there heads explode like that movie scanners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"