Scores To Marvel Films: Which do you like the most?

^I thought the whole score was amazing to be honest, one of the more unique Marvel movie scores to come out.

Also, come to think of it, not one X-Men movie had a bad score despite the difference in quality between some of them.

Oh I really do love the whole thing. The play count for it is ridiculously high. Especially "Betty's Dreams, The Lake Battle, Main Titles, A Man Again, The Phone Call, and The Aftermath"

Unpopular vote, but I liked XMO:W score alot. :o

You know, I am finding it very difficult to pick any one score from a Marvel movie over all of the others, I havent disliked any of them, but the cream of the crop for me has been X2, Hulk, The Punisher (2004), Spiderman 1 and 2, and even the likes of GR and TIH had great scores as well, I am going to have to do some thinking on this.

Young's GR was nothing special and very cheesy just like the "failure" it goes with. Armstrong's TIH was very disappointing, imo. It sounded too MV/RC and "Bourne" for my taste. I think Armstrong could've came up with something a lot better if he was given the oppotunity. Shame.

I loved what Armstrong did with Bruce/Betty and Hulk/Betty, I also really like The Arctic and Stern's Lab. The action stuff was very boring though. It really didn't warrant a two disc CD either.

Elfman's score, however, was really interesting with a fantastic main theme.

The only Marvel movie theme that stood out was from Hulk 2003.Fantastic stuff.
X-2 was pretty good too.

The only Marvel movie theme that stood out was from Hulk 2003.Fantastic stuff.
X-2 was pretty good too.

Imo,the only truly memorable score from a Marvel movie is the one from Hulk(2003).
Fantastic stuff.

X2 had the best score. It was psychologically intense and mysterious.

I've always loved the score for The Punisher and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. There are a lot of good scores in these flicks, even in the not so good movies but it's real tough choice for me between Punisher and Incredible Hulk. Every time I hear the main part of "The Necklace" I want to cry because I feel so bad for Banner. It's so beautifully done and only adds to my disappointment that Norton is gone.

You know to this day it ticks me off that Favreau and co. hired Ramin Djawadi to score IM. I think the only reason they hired Djawadi b/c he's cheap and would deliver a generic score. He'd bend over and do whatever TPTB wanted him to do with the score. He wrote nothing special for IM. Which is such a shame. There was a lot of potential for the score in that movie. Not that I'm surprised since I believe Djawadi isn't much capable of anything as a film composer. But instead he went the cliche route with the score. Synthesisers (MV/RC style), electric guitar, limited orchestra. He didn't turn the idea on it's head and made it fresh. A lot of his music sounded like something he came up with in five minutes. Or something like a kid warming up with his electric guitar and keyboards. He did nothing for the score that screamed or captured IM. Already heard this stuff in BB, TDK, Transfomers movies, any Bruckheimer/Bay movies, trailers, etc. IM sounded like any other action-adventure popcorn movie that we see these days.

There were a ton of composers who could've done wonders and a lot more than Djawadi did, IMO. IM deserved so much better.

Calm down we got it, you don't like Zimmer and Co. You say that in basically every single post....No need to bump the thread with nothing new.

X-Men The Last Stand had the better score of all X-Movies.

Spider-Man had a good theme and costume montage but other than that nothing really memorable and Spider-Man 2 was just recycled music.

Spider-Man 3's only good music was when the Sandman was being born.

Calm down we got it, you don't like Zimmer and Co. You say that in basically every single post....No need to bump the thread with nothing new.

Well you're not adding anything new by replying to my post. Also I don't hate Zimmer. Believe it or not. Where do I even mention Zimmer on my last post ? I was talking about Djawadi and how much the IM movie didn't benefit from his score, imo.

And another thing about Djawadi. His Blade Trinity score got nothing on Beltrami's Blade II score. Or Isham's Blade score for that matter.

Spider-Man had a good theme and costume montage but other than that nothing really memorable and Spider-Man 2 was just recycled music.

I couldn't disagree less. Imo, Wolverine Origins > >X1 > X2 >> X3 score.

Spider-Man 1/2/3 had awesome music.

Well you're not adding anything new by replying to my post. Also I don't hate Zimmer. Believe it or not. Where do I even mention Zimmer on my last post ? I was talking about Djawadi and how much the IM movie didn't benefit from his score, imo.

And another thing about Djawadi. His Blade Trinity score got nothing on Beltrami's Blade II score. Or Isham's Blade score for that matter.

True, but there's no need to post it, when we already know. Besides, Djawadi is from Zimmer's school, not to mention IM was co-produced by zimmer. I didn't say you hated him...:whatever:

For the record, I couldn't care less about either blade I/II/III's music.

True, but there's no need to post it, when we already know. Besides, Djawadi is from Zimmer's school, not to mention IM was co-produced by zimmer. I didn't say you hated him...:whatever:

For the record, I couldn't care less about either blade I/II/III's music.

Fine I'll shut up about IM's score. I don't care much for Isham's Blade score either. But I enjoyed Beltrami's Blade II score. In fact it's the best Blade score in the trilogy, imo. I was surprised how well he wrote some of the action cues especially that final showdown between Blade and Nomak at the end. I didn't know he was capable of writing like that b/c he was known for his horror scores. This proved that he could write for popcorn action movies like Hellboy, I, Robot, Underworld Evolution, Live Free or Die Hard, etc. Beltrami is very underrated up here. I would love to see him get more superhero movie projects. Hopefully in the near future. It beats that MV/RC junk anyday.

Not really. I don't like Beltrami at all. Nothing good has ever come from that man. Oh, funny story, he literally stole john ottman's Apt Pupil theme in Terminator 3.

However, we have :

Zimmer
Jackman
Gavin Greenway
Djawadi
Marius De Vries
John Powell
Gregson-Williams.

What Garbage.

Powell is the only one I like in the MV/RC group. That started when X3 was out. Before X3 I never cared for his scores. I like a few of Zimmer's scores except for some of his action scores. They're very generic and interchangeable and could've came from any of his scores and his MV/RC buddies scores. Since Zimmer and his buddies have a laundry list of composers writing some of the music for them.

At least Beltrami got two oscar noms. Gregson-Williams only got an undeserved nom for that first Narnia score, imo. They could've easily gave that nomination to Elfman (C&TCF or TBCB), Doyle (HPTGOF), or Newton Howard (KK 2005) that year. Gregson-Williams was obviously filler.
So you don't like Scream 1-3, Mimic, Hellboy, 3:10 to Yuma, Knowing, I,Robot, Live Free or Die Hard to name a few. You take generic MV/RC over those. Too bad.

At least Beltrami got two oscar noms. Gregson-Williams only got an undeserved nom for that first Narnia score, imo. They could've easily gave that nomination to Elfman (C&TCF or TBCB), Doyle (HPTGOF), or Newton Howard (KK 2005) that year. Gregson-Williams was obviously filler.So you don't like Scream 1-3, Mimic, Hellboy, 3:10 to Yuma, Knowing, I,Robot, Live Free or Die Hard to name a few. You take generic MV/RC over those. Too bad.

:funny:

I'd rather have new generic music, than have someone steal another composers themes :up: Too bad indeed. :csad: I liked a portion of scream 2's score...that was composed by elfman. Wait, someone else writing music, other than one composer just doing it all by himself? :awesome:

Oh, welcome to the minorty. :woot:

:funny:

I'd rather have new generic music, than have someone steal another composers themes :up: Too bad indeed. :csad: I liked a portion of scream 2's score...that was composed by elfman. Wait, someone else writing music, other than one composer just doing it all by himself? :awesome:

Oh, welcome to the minorty. :woot:

That's source music that Elfman wrote for that stage scene "Cassandra Aria"(sp?) The studio and producers probably came to Elfman to write that. Beltrami had nothing do with that. As well as the Zimmer music tracked in from Broken Arrow.

You're only saying one score that Beltrami supposedly ripped off another composer on. I haven't seen Apt Pupil to know what you are talking about. So I can't comment on that. What other scores/ composers he's supposedly ripped off from ?

Ottman ain't no saint either. He ripped off the Under Seige and JFK scores for his Usual Suspects score. Film score fans have complained about Ottman ripping off music from dozens of movies for his SR score as well. I don't really know how much truth is in the latter one. Film score fans have also mentioned that Ottman has ripped off Henry Mancini's Lifeforce for X2.

Temptracks plays a major role in this,though. So it''s more the producer's fault than the composers. B/c they're forced to copy the tempmusic. If not TPTB will hire a composer who will. I'm not excusing this, but that's way it works.

Elfman actually wrote original material for Sp2 but Raimi fell in love with the temp music that contain his music from Sp1 and had it tracked in most of Sp2. You can find his original music for Sp2 on YouTube. Some cues are played to the footage it was originally written for. There's also some cues that weren't used in the movie on the score album as well. So Elfman didn't recycle anything it was Raimi and TPTB.

Spider-Man ......................................................... II

Oh I really do love the whole thing. The play count for it is ridiculously high. Especially "Betty's Dreams, The Lake Battle, Main Titles, A Man Again, The Phone Call, and The Aftermath"

Unpopular vote, but I liked XMO:W score alot. :o

I liked the Wolverine score as well, but I wouldnt say its one of the best marvel score's its around the middle ground for me.

Young's GR was nothing special and very cheesy just like the "failure" it goes with. Armstrong's TIH was very disappointing, imo. It sounded too MV/RC and "Bourne" for my taste. I think Armstrong could've came up with something a lot better if he was given the oppotunity. Shame.

Armstrong's TIH score was very strong, I was really impressed as I didnt think they could compare to Elfman's score, and while it wasnt as good as that, it was still a great score.

I really liked the GR one as well, went really well with the character, wouldnt say its in the top 5, but top 10 definately for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"