Comics Scorpion Question

The Geek Vault

Come at me bro
Reaction score
I was thinking spidey has a spidey sense. How come Scorpion doesn't have that kinda sense?

Different methods of creation between Spidey and Scorpion.Peter was actually bitten by a radioactive spider,while Mac Gargan was given the powers of a Scorpion artificially so to speak,by Dr Farley Stillwell in a lab experiment.

He was given the strength of a scorpion so he could fight Spider-Man,and then given a suit with a powerful tail.

Really the only powers Stillwell endowed on him was the strength of a scorpion.And the side effect of the experiment was that it drove Gargan crazy.

Y'know, I've never seen it, but has there ever been an issue where Jameson had to answer for his part in Scorpion's creation?

Carnage 707 said:
Y'know, I've never seen it, but has there ever been an issue where Jameson had to answer for his part in Scorpion's creation?
Back on Stern's run, the Hobgoblin had found out about JJ's connection to the Scorpion via Norman Osborn's journal. Apparently JJ confided to Norman about it because they were good friends and belonged to the same club. Norman wrote it in his private journal, and Hobby the cool guy that he WAS tried to blackmail JJ and other club members with their own "Skeletons".
JJ figuring the only way out, was to confess through the Bugle for his involvement with the Scorpion, and let the public decide. Unfortunately, (and that's a BIG UNFORTUNATELY) Stern left and nothing really came out of it after that.

spider greg said:
Back on Stern's run, the Hobgoblin had found out about JJ's connection to the Scorpion via Norman Osborn's journal. Apparently JJ confided to Norman about it because they were good friends and belonged to the same club. Norman wrote it in his private journal, and Hobby the cool guy that he WAS tried to blackmail JJ and other club members with their own "Skeletons".
JJ figuring the only way out, was to confess through the Bugle for his involvement with the Scorpion, and let the public decide. Unfortunately, (and that's a BIG UNFORTUNATELY) Stern left and nothing really came out of it after that.

Good point. I've always wondered why no one picked up this plot thread. I'd love to see a story where a bystander/private citizen is injured as a result of the Scorpion's rampage and someone decided to file a CIVIL SUIT against JJJ.

Jonah has always had a vehement dislike of costumed vigilantes. Yet, he's actually responsible for the creation of a psychotic menace who started as a vigilante attempting to bring Spider-Man to justice. I wouldn't mind seeing him face the music for his actions.

comments?

Eye doc

It's overdue, but with th' media like it is I doubt he'd suffer much fer it. Of course if you go and bring that story up you might degrade th' core of th' character, and we can't have that.

What I wanna know is why did Scorpy lose his upgraded costume (Unlimited #22) an' return to that retro joke?

Eye Doc said:
Good point. I've always wondered why no one picked up this plot thread. I'd love to see a story where a bystander/private citizen is injured as a result of the Scorpion's rampage and someone decided to file a CIVIL SUIT against JJJ.

Jonah has always had a vehement dislike of costumed vigilantes. Yet, he's actually responsible for the creation of a psychotic menace who started as a vigilante attempting to bring Spider-Man to justice. I wouldn't mind seeing him face the music for his actions.

comments?

Eye doc

That actually would be a good idea for a story, the only drawback that I can see, is that by nature J.J.'s basically a good person. If somebody was killed or hurt seriously by the Scorpion, and he was finally condemned for it, I don't really see J.J. forgiving himself, and in this guilt, would take away his hatred for Spider-man, which as Wolverine 25th said might, in a different way, degrade the core of the character, we need J.J. to hate Spidey. Though, I'm sure in the hands of a good writer your idea probably could still work, I just don't have faith in any writers these days.
Do you have any ideas around it?

I was actually bein' sarcastic when I said that...

I think it's a story that SHOULD'VE been told long ago. But, we don't have th' right writers in th' bullpen to do it, so I rather they not.

WOLVERINE25TH said:
I was actually bein' sarcastic when I said that...

I think it's a story that SHOULD'VE been told long ago. But, we don't have th' right writers in th' bullpen to do it, so I rather they not.

Sorry, it's hard to tell around here sometimes. Anyways...like I said I'm sure it could be interesting, but aside from maybe Stern, I don't think anyone could do it justice.

spider greg said:
That actually would be a good idea for a story, the only drawback that I can see, is that by nature J.J.'s basically a good person. If somebody was killed or hurt seriously by the Scorpion, and he was finally condemned for it, I don't really see J.J. forgiving himself, and in this guilt, would take away his hatred for Spider-man, which as Wolverine 25th said might, in a different way, degrade the core of the character, we need J.J. to hate Spidey. Though, I'm sure in the hands of a good writer your idea probably could still work, I just don't have faith in any writers these days.
Do you have any ideas around it?

I guess you could always have the person withdraw the suit or decide to settle out of court. That's a good question. I need to think about it a little more.

Wouldn't it be ironic if the involved party agrees to drop the suit because Spider-man ends up talking them out of it?

Eye Doc

PS--I wonder if JJJ's Scorpion creation could become a Class Action lawsuit instead of a civil suit. After the first party comes forward, a whole slew of people decide to cash in with them.

SpideyFan85 said:
Can't the scorpion also climb walls?

Yes he can. In his early issue he was as agile as our hero and much stronger. On paper, he's the perfect match for Spider-Man and actually one of my 5 favorite villians. I hope this symbiote nonsense is cleared up soon so Gargan can return to being the classic Scorpion.

Eye Doc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"