Scott Madej's site launched...

Discussion in 'X-Men 1, 2 & 3' started by spideycents, Jun 6, 2005.

1. spideycents

spideycents Registered

2. Mister Sinister

Mister Sinister Picture of Paul McCartney

errr...no it hasn't

3. spideycents

spideycents Registered

yeah it has! try refreshing or something.

4. LadyVader

LadyVader Smile like you mean it.

If indeed he was called in for Gambit, then Mr Madej just killed the hopes of thousands of fans. Of course he is just the messenger. But still... :(

EDIT: It worked for me.

5. Mister Sinister

Mister Sinister Picture of Paul McCartney

Yeah, it works when it's refreshed.

Hey there,

I just got back in Los Angeles this past week for a fundraiser in Hollywood that took place on Wednesday. I'm still getting caught up on recent developments, but I wanted to readdress the X-Men casting rumors that I hear are still bouncing around.

I am very close to a producer on the production, and I had asked to audition. With little expectation on my part, some people took me seriously and I met several key people involved with what could be an amazing movie. As it stands, I have not been cast in X-Men 3, and I am not anticipating that this will change.

I have been called back on a few occasions, but as far as I know the character that I was presented for does not appear in the latest version/variation of the script. And if this character does resurface, I am not not holding my breath on anything. I would expect a more seasoned actor being asked to take on the role.

Scott Madej

6. spideycents

spideycents Registered

Indeed. I don't mind much if he is refering to the Xavier rumor...but Gambit. I don't know if this can be handled.

7. ljr

ljr Registered

It soooooooooooooo better not be gambit cause I am going to kick some ass down at fox.Cause if it is gambit,he was in the film untill that dick-head vaugh came along,so thay better be talking about a young xavier.

8. cheungcheung

cheungcheung Registered

this makes me happy...

unlike all of teh other news regarding X3... which makes me very very angry/sad...

9. Angry Sentinel

Angry Sentinel Registered

Relax, he knows he isnt gettin the Gambit role, he is just postin this news to drum up some much need press on his name. This guys been playin a good fiddle now for a while, hes milkin this thing for all its worth. Good for him!!

10. spideycents

spideycents Registered

i agree sentinal. whether it's true or not, these rumors have been flying around for almost a month now.

11. Night

Night Registered

If Gambit isn't getting a Cameo in this one that means he will be played by a famous good actor and have a big role in the next one.... understand! When they have a Cameo like Colossus.... that takes away Colossus's part in the next movie... he will have a bigger part, but he wont be that involved in the story.

12. Angry Sentinel

Angry Sentinel Registered

I know the old sayin Fifteen Minutes of Fame. How longs the life expectancy of "Publicity" Any body know???

13. diabolical

diabolical Registered

Keep in mind it was only a rumor at the time they had started their search for Angel,Maybe this was tryin out for Angel and ANGEL got bumped off the script. One of the producers is a Gambit fan and was pushing for him to be in this one,so consider this still the waiting game until Angel gets a confirmed role and someone is actually playing him. I still can't see why a majorly popular character would be cut so the lesser could be in. There's still hope. Avi Arad said either GAMBIT or ANGEL are in it,but "ha ha,I won't say anything cause it'll kill the mystery",get it? He knows the uproar the first 2 films caused cause the lack of the character. They *ALL* know...so I think he's just being a dick.
    An insider from Cinescape or somethin said Scott Madej wasn't Gambit,but someone else was in talks for the role or somehtin.

14. BT18

BT18 Registered

Horray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Neptune

Neptune Uchiha

I want some Gambit news! :mad:

16. TNC9852002

TNC9852002 Banned User

Eh..I'm not too worried about this...

-TNC

17. Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko Forgotten Pre-New 52 Hero

I really won't cry if Gambit's not in it. The only people I know that are dying to have Gambit in it are people who only know the X-Men from the cartoon (aka the same people that want Jubilee). There are so many characters to choose from. I'd be fine with Gambit, but I'd be fine without him, too. I would rather have had a better Iceman, and I'm excited about Beast.

18. tristapussy

tristapussy ...Villain By Night...

Totally agree with you on the Gambit/Jubilee issue...pretty excited about Beast myself...

19. logansoldcigar

logansoldcigar Registered

what uproar, apart from a couple of dozen people on here whining like someone farted in their jacuzzi?

20. Jan Irisi

Jan Irisi Registered

[​IMG]

21. MoiBijou

MoiBijou Registered

I saw the Cartoon, read almost all the X-issues and have a lot of Marvel stuff... and I'M DYING TO HAVE GAMBIT IN THE MOVIE, dear.

And I don't like Jubilee.

:rolleyes:

22. diabolical

diabolical Registered

Amen to that, I saw only a handfull of that show,I've been reading the comics. And yeah Jubilee sucks.

23. Octoberist

Octoberist point blank

For I've always liked Gambit. Same with my friends, in whome the majority of them are NOT comic book fans but they're familar with the X-men franchise. I'm thinking that Mr. Madej is refering to Gambit, sadly. I hope not, but we'll see.

THe funny thing is that is that hard to give Gambit a brief cameo? It's weird..

And in terms of a rewrite, I think it's possible. Brett Ratner obviously wants to put his two cents into the screenplay, but the changes are probably going to minor (dialogue). But who knows, he might add Gambit in afterall.

We probably won't find out until the X-Men 3 script review on aintitcool.com

24. Mistopurr83

Mistopurr83 Registered

Well the way I see it this guy must have been referring to young Xavier. I heard somebody mention that BBC radio is the source that mentioned he was in talks for young Xavier. When I take a close look at Scott's face he does look a little bit like a young Patrick Stewart.

25. Octoberist

Octoberist point blank

You know, you're right...