Scrolling issue with the Hype...please help

I will send this up. If anyone has any screen shots of busted pages and/or the ads on them, please share

This has been happening to me for the past day and half as well. It happens with the Axe white label ads and buffalo wild wings or so I've noticed. the Jeep ads seem to be all right. I'm using a macbook and safari. The page cannot scroll at all and even now as I post in this thread I don't even know if I can post this message as I can't scroll to the post reply button.

Got it to work. It's the ads, you can scroll a bit but as soon as it loads the scroller disappears and the page is stuck. I keep refreshing until I could get it to scroll to the submit button. Hopefully this gets solved soon

now I've got this too. It was working when I got to the main page, but then the first thread I opened and suddenly it was gone

I've been having the same issue the last couple days. Usually use Safari, but can't scroll at all, currently in FireFox and I can scroll in a few threads.

Same here. I'm using Google Chrome. Can't scroll at all with the mouse or arrow keys. I'm using Ctrl-F to move through the site.

It's gotten very obnoxious with Chrome so I'm using my phone instead.

I will send this up. If anyone has any screen shots of busted pages and/or the ads on them, please share

I tried installing Firefox (38.0.5) on my MacBook and that didn't work either. It did the first time I got on the Forum page, an ad came up, and after that, no more scrolling for me.

Very disappointing as this is my favorite internet site (other than mine and, maybe, Amazon). :cwink:

I'm having to shrink the screen in order to get to the Submit Reply button.

Here's a screen shot. Note there is no scroll bar on the right hand side of the page. This started Friday afternoon. On my windows computer, I can force a scroll down, but it's very clumsy and most people probably don't know how to do it.

Attachments

• No Scroll Bar.jpg
    No Scroll Bar.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 6
It seems to be browser based. Safari and Chrome. I am using Firefox and have no issue.

I believe it has something to do with that ABC ad.

I'm seeing it with the Buffalo Wild Wings ad too. Hard to see the ad most of the time if there's a problem because I jump to the first unread post and can't see what's at the top.

It definitely is a problem in Chrome and not Firefox. Although I should clarify that it's not non-existent in Firefox, just more manageable. The scroll bar on the side of the screen is gone, but you can scroll up and down with the keyboard. It really looks like the scrollbar just isn't loading when a page loads (occasionally, you'll see it appear for a second and then disappear).

I'm having the same issue. I'm using Chrome and just tried with Safari and the problem still exist.

I'm having this problem as well on my laptop. My desktop works just fine though.

I'm having this problem as well on my laptop. My desktop works just fine though.

Everything works fine on my iPhone. Which is what I'm using right now. Nothing else seems to work. I'll try my iPad.

It seems to work on my phone (Android), but that might also be because it's internet explorer rather than chrome on my phone.

Everything works fine on my iPhone. Which is what I'm using right now. Nothing else seems to work. I'll try my iPad.

It scrolls fine on my iPad. The phone and iPad both use different operating systems. It might have something to do with that, but I can't get it to scroll on my Windows Device in or Mac book Pro

The only way I can access SuperHeroHype from my iPhone is through Opera.

Safari and Chrome doesn't work. It stays on the loading screen and it stays blank. I know this isn't a scrolling issue but I don't know where else to post it.

I think it's the ABC promo ads at the bottom.

I think that might be the problem as well. That ad at the bottom of the forum (for ABC's Battlebots) might be the cause. That's usually when it happens for me. I'm using Firefox.

(I'd take a screencap but unfortunately, I don't have the ability to do so.)

Haven't tried my desktop or mobile, but I'm currently on my MacBook Pro...Safari can't be used, FireFox is better, mostly manageable, sometimes all threads work, sometimes nothing works.

I am having the same problem as you guys. I went into a rage yesterday.

It works fine on my iPad but my PC continues to have problems (all pages this time). I have the Buffalo Wild Wings ad at the top and the ABC Battlebots ad at the bottom.

What exactly is going on here? Its been 2 days since this started. I was using Safari and it literally doesnt scroll at all. I switched to Firefox and it only works using arrow keys. This is the only site I have had this problem with. Is North Korea behind this too?

Back on my desktop (HP Elite Desk) and everything seems to be working with Chrome. I haven't seen any ads yet so maybe that's it. I'll force one up and see what happens.

Ah ha........except there ARE no ads to be forced up. Methinks they've been removed :ilv: until someone figures out exactly what happened and fixes it?? :sly:

A site like this needs revenue so I'm relucantly supportive of getting the ads back. :csad:

EDIT: Found a few ads on the later pages of the Fantastic Four page, but they don't seem to be causing any problems. Columbia University and Dell or something like that.

Last edited:
thank you all for your responses, they are very helpful. as soon as we hear from tech support i will update you all

side note: for those with disappearing scroll bar, are you able to scroll via the keyboard?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"