Scrubs - Season 5

Reaction score
I thought I'd start a new Scrubs thread since Season 5 begins next Tuesday, January 3rd. I just got the first two seasons on DVD and am very happy to see that the new season is finally coming on air.

BTW, did a search and the last Scrubs thread was started by a real jack@$$ so I figured I'd start something new.

Scrubs is the best show on tv, up there with Arrested Development and The Office. I've been watching religiously since the get-go, and I own the first two seasons on dvd. Brilliant stuff. Everyone in the world should be forced to watch it.

I can't wait for Scrubs to come back. As much as I think the Office is great and My Name is Earl enjoyable, I think it was a mistake to cut down such an awesome show to a 6 episode season.

Scrubs and now Everybody Hates Chris are the only sitcoms I watch religiously. I can´t watch My Name is Earl cuz in my country it plays only on FX and my cable package doesn´t get it... ****.

ultimatefan said:
Scrubs and now Everybody Hates Chris are the only sitcoms I watch religiously. I can´t watch My Name is Earl cuz in my country it plays only on FX and my cable package doesn´t get it... ****.

I rarely get to see any tellevision shows when they actually air, I pretty much have to download everything I want to watch. You should give Earl a download, it's not bad.

amazingfantasy15 said:
I thought I'd start a new Scrubs thread since Season 5 begins next Tuesday, January 3rd. I just got the first two seasons on DVD and am very happy to see that the new season is finally coming on air.

BTW, did a search and the last Scrubs thread was started by a real jack@$$ so I figured I'd start something new.

Not for me it doesn't. :mad::(

I love Scrubs though, hence my old avvy.

First two episodes of this season weren't quite up to par in my opinion, however it could be because I've been watching the first two seasons on DVD this past weekend. Loved the janitor trick in the first episode with the cutouts of JD and the "Man" cards.

Scrubs
My Name Is Earl
Arrested Development
Everybody Hates Chris
The Office

Are leading the rebirth of the sitcom.

amazingfantasy15 said:
First two episodes of this season weren't quite up to par in my opinion, however it could be because I've been watching the first two seasons on DVD this past weekend. Loved the janitor trick in the first episode with the cutouts of JD and the "Man" cards.

I absolutely agree, though the "Man" cards were good, there wasn't any bust a gut laugh moments in the first two episodes, though I did think the second one was better than the first.

Of course, I can't wait for Season 3 to come out on DVD either....

Cap1970 said:
I absolutely agree, though the "Man" cards were good, there wasn't any bust a gut laugh moments in the first two episodes, though I did think the second one was better than the first.

Of course, I can't wait for Season 3 to come out on DVD either....

I was pretty disappointed with the first episode as well. Not only was it not funny, both the humor and general look/tone of the episode felt different as well. The second episode was better, and the humor felt more familiar (i.e. conjoined twin doctor man thingy)

Scrubs
My Name Is Earl
Arrested Development
Everybody Hates Chris
The Office

Too bad one's being cancelled (most likely), one seems to have no support from their network (it seems like NBC just wants to run as many eps as fast as possible for Scrubs by airing two/week) and one's on a network no one really watches. These shows should be leading the way, but they aren't.

I agree with you WallCrawl in the different feel of the episodes, but I couldn't stop laughing about the cutout JD's and Man cards. Although Dr. Cox and the Janitor giving JD crap are always some of my favorite moments on the show.

amazingfantasy15 said:
I agree with you WallCrawl in the different feel of the episodes, but I couldn't stop laughing about the cutout JD's and Man cards. Although Dr. Cox and the Janitor giving JD crap are always some of my favorite moments on the show.

The cardboard cutout gags were definitely the funniest part of the episode, and of course anytime Dr. Cox does or says anything it's bound to end up a Scrubs classic moment. :D

JLBats said:
Scrubs
My Name Is Earl
Arrested Development
Everybody Hates Chris
The Office

:up: :up: :up:

Preach!!!!

The bit with Elliot with the coffee machine is funny cause they are some just like that lol!
and the cut out JD is funny as hell

IT ISNT, NBC MOVED MY NAME IS EARL AND THE OFFICE TO THURSDAY

JLBats said:
Scrubs
My Name Is Earl
Arrested Development
Everybody Hates Chris
The Office

Don't dare compare Scrubs to that collection. Sure Earl is funny myabe now that it's on Thurdays I can actually watch it. I've said what I think about AD (I'm still glad it's going :up: ). Everybody hates Chris is sooo bland and not funny it's painful. The previews for it has all the good jokes. The episodes blow, it proves that if you take away the swearing Chris Rock ain't got nothin. And The Office, the British version sucked and the american one makes me want to put my boot through the TV.

Now that's the Scrubs I know and love! Two great episodes tonight, Dr. Kelso pretended to be part of the wall, the Janitor toturing JD, Turk's Kung Fu fighting fantasy, Dr. Cox warning Jordan about talking to Elliot, just a lot of great moments tonight.

I HAVEN'T WATCHED IT YET!!!!

SO SAYS DOOM!!!

-DOOM :doom:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back