Luke Cage Season 1, Episode 1 "Moment of Truth" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

At the start of the episode, I was half expecting Eddie Murphy to be playing all the characters in the barbershop.

I thought this was the strongest first episode of Marvel's Netflix shows so far. I was hooked straight away.

I wouldn't call necessarily call Cage a boyscout but he has always had a strong moral and ethical stance. Cage regularly turned away people who didn't meet his moral standards in heroes For Hire.

Cap would be down with Cage introducing a swear jar for the Avengers :woot:

Diamondback, Shades and Commanche. The full Rivals gang line up either seen or referenced within the first episode! The Rivals used to do low level stuff for Cottonmouth in the comics too.

Hammer Industries. I wonder if Shades got connected with Hammer while they where both in seagate?

Is the blind newspaper seller supposed to be Cage blind ally Toby?
Simone Missick is fine :ilv:

The cast is very strong. From what I've seen thus far in this first episode, all the cast members are owning their roles nicely.

A lot people are rightfully loving the villain establishment shot of Cornell framed against the Biggie portrait, but Mariah meeting and greeting the "future of Harlem" and playing media darling by shaking the children's hands before immediately requesting hand sanitizer is a beautiful little establishing shot.

Started off slow but the ending was great. I'm digging Cottonmouth. One thing the Netflix shows always deliver on is the villains and he's no exception.

Finished Episode 1. Great start and looks like it will be another hit for MCU/Netflix.

Cottonmouth and Shades are building up to be great villains and I can't wait to find out what the deal is between Luke and Shades.

Yes, really love it.

It's definitely a slow burn. The last scene almost feels like an afterthought. Like they finished it and realized they had zero scenes of Cage actually using his abilities. Not crazy about Cottonmouth. The scene where he goes off is too reminiscent of Kingpin smashing the guy's head in. He's calm and cool until he rages.

Liked the first episode. Shades lives up to his name. He's really shady.

LOVED IT!!! Man I can't wait to see more lol

I really liked the first episode. It was a great intro to get the feel of each of the main characters.

Can't remember E1 of Daredevil, but this was far better than E1 of Jessica Jones. I had to try 3 times to watch it before I finally powered through and got to the better episodes later on.

Just watched ep 1 and I'm very impressed. The music takes this series to another level and I'm very excited to see how they integrate it into the rest of the show. I like the slow burn approach, def sets it apart from the other Netflix MCU shows. About to fire up episode 2.

A moment, from Civil War:
"Bucky, you remember me?"
"Your mom's name was Sarah."

Luke Cage episode 1:
"You know him?"
"I know his mama."

Marvel this year love the 'I knew the mother' line.

Last edited:
Very good first episode, I think I like this more than JJ. All the actors are doing a great job. 8/10.

The first episode was ok not great or anything, really disappointed

Rewatched this again recently and I liked the callbacks to Reva, JJ and the shotgun incident from Pops, and Justin Hammer and Fisk in the conversation between Cottonmouth and Mariah.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"