The Punisher Season 1, Episode 11 "Danger Close" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

flickchick85

Admin of Might
Staff member
Reaction score
marvels_the_punisher_tv_netflix_header_1.jpg

EPISODE 11: "Danger Close"

Use spoiler tags when discussing the events of any future episodes.

Holy crap, the action scene in this is great in context. Most of the action shots of the trailer are from this episode. This is the one he
Straps on the Deaths Head again in.

so we have to wait 11 episodes just for him to become The Punisher again. I do not approve. Why do these shows hate costumes and iconography?

I have one major question right now...and that is...how the heck is this the same company that did Inhumans???

I have one major question right now...and that is...how the heck is this the same company that did Inhumans???

Scott Buck wasn't involved in Punisher.

so we have to wait 11 episodes just for him to become The Punisher again. I do not approve. Why do these shows hate costumes and iconography?

Well, in DD, at least we got to see the main character kick ass in every episode, unlike this boring mess, where it seems that this CIA chick gets more action scenes than Frank. Seriously, I don't know who she is, but she is NOT the reason why I am interested in the Punisher. It's supposed to be The Punisher, not The Mandani show featuring the Punisher......

The Punisher doesn't really work as a main character, long term. When Marvel over-saturated the market with his comics...people stopped buying them...BUT...whenever the character showed up in someone else's books, sales for that title/issue would jump.

That's not to say that I completely loved that Homeland Security lady...but I can see why you'd need these other characters around to play Frank off of.

I've run out of Kahlua, so I guess my drink of choice is over. This episode has some wonderful moments. I liked the bits with David being an actual friend and ally to Frank. Just as importantly, it's good to see him reunite with his daughter. There's a nice catharsis without abandoning how weird it would be. The big thing, of course, is the fight scene with Frank in full Punisher gear. I also like that the CIA person isn't as corrupt as everyone else.

I feel I should go to bed, but I think the family drama part has stuck with me. It makes me want to see what'll happen with everyone. I suppose that's very much a good thing. Four and a Half Stars.

How did Rawlins
survive getting stabbed in the chest by Frank the first time?

How did Rawlins
survive getting stabbed in the chest by Frank the first time?

It actually takes a lot to kill a person getting stabbed. Unless it directly hits a major artery or something, a single stab, even there, can be survived. That's where the whole prison shanking thing comes from; stab a person a whole bunch of times so there's more blood loss because usually a single stab can be patched up.

The action scene was good.

Of course Micro’s son had to call the tip line and allow the “cop” to come inside.

Best action scene of the series so far

How did Frank know it was the dirty military group that was going to come after him? It was just as likely to me that regular, good cops could come after him.

Finally a bit of classic Punisher action!

Worth the wait to see the [BLACKOUT]skull again.[/BLACKOUT]

Bernthal sells that **** like nobody else.

I just love how that last soldier casually called Frank 'Man', I always wanted to see that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"