The Defenders Season 1, Episode 2 "Mean Right Hook" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

Kane52630

T-800 User
Reaction score
iWpvzRD.png

Episode 2: "Mean Right Hook"

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok [blackout]Danny vs. Luke[/blackout] was cracking me up. :up:

Yeah that had me rolling.

Such a good episode and the
Iron Fist/Luke Cage fight
was so awesome and hilarious. It feels like it's definitely picking up momentum and now I can't wait for the next one.

I like this more than the first ep mainly because of the appearances of my favorite side characters ([blackout]Foggy! Hogarth! Turk! Stick![/blackout]) and of course the [blackout]Luke/Danny and Jessica/Matt first meet ups[/blackout].

Danny [blackout](who I actually like) annoyed me a bit here with his whole "waaaahh! this is my fault! this is all on me!" stuff especially when Colleen was telling him that they actually might have some unknown allies[/blackout] but whatever.

2 episodes in. Like it so far, but beginning is slow. Sadly I cannot marathon this. I won't finish whole season until Sunday likely

Loved the ending to episode 2, although I think we'd seen it before.

Matt was a tool in the opening scene, he could have at least stopped the shoplifters after saving them from getting shot.

Madam Gao here feels inconsistent with previous portrayals, less menacing, less confident, less leader like.

Eight, I counted eight corpses in the sword master place. Glass, is it?

Ceiling camera angle in this episode, sink underwater camera in episode 1.. how do they do this stuff?

Never stand in front of a window. That should be a rule for situations like the one Jessica's office....
Window wasn't the problem? Ok, still...

Misty is annoying again I see. I love her in the comics, why is she annoying on Netflix?

Nearly 38 minutes into the second episode for an actual meeting between two of the Defenders? Took them too long to do that, methinks. The fight between the two BFFs at least is cool.

YAY. First trailer meeting of Defenders is the second meeting in this show, and the episode ends there.

I like the episode, but I can't help but make these observations and comments.

is that how any fight with Danny and Luke would go? Could Danny actual land blows on him that would cause him pain?

is that how any fight with Danny and Luke would go? Could Danny actual land blows on him that would cause him pain?
If he hits him with the Iron Fist yes. [BLACKOUT]Cage didn't have his guard up and didn't see it coming. I doubt he would be flying if he braced himself. Danny only has it in one hand so I think Cage can win 8 out 10 times.[/BLACKOUT]

Last edited:
I liked the fight scene.

Gao seemed off to me. But, then maybe I'm incorrectly remembering her since they always seem to make her different on each show.

Finished this episode last night. I'm seeing this show criticized for taking it's time but I'm really enjoying the slow burn. It's setting all the pieces in place and catching us up to where these characters have been. These are all loners (well, save for Iron Fist) so just throwing them all together right at the start would feel rushed. Ending this episode with Matt and JJ meeting is, in my eyes, a stroke of brilliance because these are the two characters that I've personally been most excited to see interact. I can see why the pacing of the series thus far would bother people but I'm not sure I'd want it any other way.

In regards to Gao, she's definitely different than when we've previously seen because we're seeing her next to Sigourney Weaver. Gao is clearly subservient to her.

Last edited:
Episode two is brought to you by water. Water, the liquid of life. I promise this will be shorter than my first review. This episode is marked by team ups/interactions and growing interconnectivity. We get specific interactions between the shows. The highlights are obviously Danny and Luke and Matt and Jessica.

I thought the stuff about the wall being a key was a bit forced, though.

Four and a Half Stars.

I loved the scene of Elektra breaking through a door with her swords...that was one hell of an entrance!

That was quite the gratuitous butt shot they had of Jessica Jones in this episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"