Daredevil Season 1, Episode 3 "Rabbit in a Snow Storm" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

The headlines on the framed newspapers in the background though
O:

:wow: okay, I just got to the part everyone's talking about...

And ooh, FISK!

jeez what a gruesome way to off yourself

Holy crap! I am very surprised Disney is allowing this show to exist, but I thank them for it!

So brutal! I love it! They didn't hold back at all. And it's very nice to meet you Mr. Fisk. I'm about pop open a monster and fire up number 4!

The writing has definitely stepped up. This is excellent.

Slightly more low-key than the Drew Goddard/Phil Abraham opening two-hander, feeling more like the show settling into a series groove, introducing more of the ensemble and their plots, plus more of a focus on courtroom drama and legal proceedings. But "low-key" is relative when you have gruesome bowling ball related assassinations and boke-inducing eye trauma involving giant spikes. It was nice seeing Ben Urich enter the fray, given warmth and gravitas by Vondie Curtis-Hall. And in the closing moments, business picked up big time with the arrival of Vincent D'Onofrio's Wilson Fisk. Hopefully we get more of him in the next episode!

That freaking bowling ball scene had a Sopranos feel to it.

I've neglected to mention so far how good Toby Leonard Moore has been as Wesley, but he's been killing it. His scene in the bowling alley in this episode, where he smiles at the kids with the gun tucked under his jacket, was his best bit yet.

Best episode so far. And yay Fisk! I have a strong feeling he is going to be more interesting than any of the MCU villains so far. Also as mentioned, Wesley is really good.

tumblr_ner3ftnPh81rzkkzqo2_500.gif

Another very good episode.
The Kingpin is here. :mnm:

Did anyone else get a Tarantino vibe from the bowling alley scene? Something about it had his kind of style in my opinion. Is that just me?

Three minutes in and I'm wincing already. For a slow episode, this was amazing. The backdoor corporate and legal wrangling was eminently watchable. From street superhero antics to gang drama to city on the brink, the show has so many aspects to it. The episode did a great job of showcasing Matt as a lawyer. We were not only told he graduated summa *** laude (and in believable fashion through Wesley revealing he really did his homework on the two friends) but he also delivered a slick closing. The clash between Matt's brusqueness and Wesley's all business attitude was fun.

The acting from the guest actors was solid as well. The assassin Healy was appropriately sociopathic before opting to die (dat suicide choice though) when he gave up Fisk's name. Building up nicely how much of an all-compassing threat Kingpin is.

And LOL at the throwaway anti-vaxxers jab from the hospital director.

Last edited:
Holy crap! I am very surprised Disney is allowing this show to exist, but I thank them for it!

Why? Disney has stated they will not interfere from the very beginning and Disney has produced some very R rated films over the years, just under sub companies, not the Disney name itself... Anyone who says they are surprised isn't paying attention...

Slightly more low-key than the Drew Goddard/Phil Abraham opening two-hander, feeling more like the show settling into a series groove, introducing more of the ensemble and their plots, plus more of a focus on courtroom drama and legal proceedings. But "low-key" is relative when you have gruesome bowling ball related assassinations and boke-inducing eye trauma involving giant spikes. It was nice seeing Ben Urich enter the fray, given warmth and gravitas by Vondie Curtis-Hall. And in the closing moments, business picked up big time with the arrival of Vincent D'Onofrio's Wilson Fisk. Hopefully we get more of him in the next episode!
You will get more hot half-naked Vincent D'Onofrio.

That dude kills himself! He just sticks his head into that point.

Even DD was like "Holy ****!".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"