Black Lightning Season 1, Episode 4 - "Black Jesus"

Pennywise

Avenger
Reaction score
BACK IN TOWN - Black Lightning (Cress Williams) is recruited to rally against The 100 gang. Anissa (Nafessa Williams) investigates the new drug hitting the streets. Meanwhile, familiar faces begin to reappear. Christine Adams, James Remar, Damon Gupton III and Marvin Jones also star. The episode was written by Pat Charles and directed by Michael Schultz (#104). Original airdate 2/6/2018.

Read more: Listings - BLACK LIGHTNING on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20180119cw05/#ixzz55X846sHJ

I wonder if we'll get a flashback to this supposed 'death' of Black Lightning nine years ago that they keep talking about, not that it's needed.

Cripes, that dude is alive while she's doing that :eek:

Maybe that flashback will happen when his daughters find out who he is and start asking him questions, or when Black Lightning and Tobias meet face to face again.

That scene with Lady Eve was creepy.

he wants a selfie before getting knocked out??

Come now, Khalil's a good kid. No need to just turn him against Black Lightning for drama's sake.

Man, I'm loving every episode so far! The storylines with Jefferson, Anissa, Tobias and Jennifer are great! The only thing I don't like is Gambi keeping secrets from Jefferson!

Two-Bit wanting a picture with Black Lightning before being knocked out! :funny:

Great episode. Great show. I've pretty much abandoned Flash at this point, and this is the show i'm gonna look forward to Tuesdays. Christine Adams is my new tv crush:ilv:.

Best DC-CW show on TV now. Flash is barely hanging on by a threat (honestly, if it wasn't for the beauty that is Iris, I probably would have given up by now).

Best DC-CW show on TV now. Flash is barely hanging on by a threat (honestly, if it wasn't for the beauty that is Iris, I probably would have given up by now).

I've stopped watching Flash, especially since he's now into dealing with country western artists as opposed to guys live Reverse Flash and the Rogues.

Well, clearly calling Anissa a ***** leads to her kicking your ass. Good to see them raise Lady Eve's creepiness factor.

Cripes, that dude is alive while she's doing that :eek:

That was seriously disturbing. And Tobias not even acting like he noticed it going on. They just held a conversation!!!

Another great episode. The best superhero show on CW! But why would Khalil wanna hurt Black Lightning? I liked the addition of Tobias' sister. She seems as creepy as her brother.

Are Black Lightning and Thunder going to encounter each other at some point? Even face off against each other before they realise they're father and daughter? It looks like they're already heading on a collision course.

I'm thinking Gambi already has an idea as to who it was outside the club. That's probably why he told BL that the cameras didn't see anything. I sure hope they knock each other around a little before they realize who's who.(Despite Black Lighting wearing pretty much just the reverse glasses-look like Clark/Superman.):woot:

With Khaleel, I think it's too easy sometimes for the good guy to be blamed for all the bad stuff, but that kid has a lot of emotional baggage that has to blow up somewhere. Tobias is just getting a head start on directing it where he wants all that anger to go, and I think he'l succeed for a time.

As to the scene with the guy on the table, he also had a Y-incision across his chest. He was autopsied before he got to her, but now he's alive probably because of what Big Momma was doing? Who knows what's going on there.

And I'm pretty sure Kara Fowdy is gunning for Jefferson's job. She's playing both sides, being his friend/and maybe more and working with the board to limit his control over the school.

That scene with Lady Eve and the dude still being alive was wild.

The dude wanting a selfie with BL had me rolling.

I'm curious how Whale will use Khalil. Create some kind of anti-BL hate group or something or divide the community?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"