The Defenders Season 1, Episode 4 "Royal Dragon" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

Kane52630

T-800 User
Reaction score
iWpvzRD.png

Episode 4: "Royal Dragon"

Last edited by a moderator:
I was all excited for the Luke/Danny dynamic when this show was first announced, but now I'm all about the Matt/Jessica one. They are gold together.

And yassss at [blackout]Stick[/blackout] calling Danny out: "[blackout]The Immortal Iron Fist is still a thundering dumbass.[/blackout]" :funny:

Last edited:
Matt and Jessica are a great pair in this show.

Halfway through and I am LOVING this show. The banter between these four is GOLD. Dare I say better than the banter in The Avengers or the Guardians. I just love the style and vibe of this show, and when these four come together, it feels so earned and epic but epic in a gritty way.

Yeah the restaurant stuff is great. I'm really loving the banter between the group and what's so cool about it that unlike The Avengers or The Guardians they are still able to make it feel natural and funny without being overly quippy or jokey.

Stick remains the best character for me I love it when he shows up

I love Stick as well, and damn at what he did just to get away.

This is one of the best from this series.

Love the action and the interaction among the characters.

I miss Elektra's sassy/sexy personality from DD but I get why she has to be this stoic unfeeling person now. :( Stick and his zings are still unparalleled. :funny:

My face hurt from the smile I had at [blackout]Jessica's return entrance. Hitting Elektra with a damn SUV and then the "Who missed me?" quip. I love her so much. :bow: [/blackout]

The chemistry of the 4 is sublime especially in the pairings (Matt/Jessica and Luke/Danny). It's evident in their bantering.

All downhill from here, imho.

Phil Abraham did a great job on this episode. Love the neon.

Great chemistry between the characters here.

Jess remains my favorite still.
Danny is better but still not sure I care that he gets a 2nd solo.
Luke is solid.
Matt is good but I don't recall that twitching thing he does.

Yeah the restaurant stuff is great. I'm really loving the banter between the group and what's so cool about it that unlike The Avengers or The Guardians they are still able to make it feel natural and funny without being overly quippy or jokey.

Exactly.

When DD and LC went into that mini sparring match, man that was awesome. I :ilv: Matthew Murdock

I really liked this one. A slight improvement on my impression of the Hand.

Also this episode made me hungry.

Jess remains my favorite still.
Danny is better but still not sure I care that he gets a 2nd solo.
Luke is solid.
Matt is good but I don't recall that twitching thing he does.

Matt's been doing that twitching thing for the last 2 seasons of DD. It's him listening.

By the time I get through an episode, I'm always surprised so much happened in it. This one was theoretically slower with a lot of emphasis on talking to Stick, but there's still a lot of development of the characters and their positions on being a team. Plus, there's just wonderful interactions and banter. I also noticed [blackout]Elektra looking at the Sais. I suspect they're using her weapon choices thematically to show potential return of her memory.[/blackout] No surprise by [blackout]Jessica returning[/blackout], but it's good to see everyone come full circle to be where they need to be for the back half of the story. Four and a Half Stars.

I love the exchange about their characters and info about the Hand, and how both Matt and Luke reacted to Danny explaining his stance in all of this.

Why is Danny surprised that someone other than him know the Hand when he knows many who know them? This is kind of weird.

Alexandra feels like a mother to Elektra, that's creepy.

360 spin around the dinner table stops, relief.
It restarts the other way around.
Discussing legal matters is one of the greatest moments in the show, or in the Netflix portion of the MCU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"