Luke Cage Season 1, Episode 6 "Suckas Need Bodyguards" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

Kane52630

T-800 User
Reaction score
rjOZM1K.png

yoLhtxD.png

7kDFluZ.png

I'm loving hints at Heroes for Hire.

Lol got em. Misty is awesome.

Another good episode.

Only weird part was the way Misty was saying "Rafe" as she was crying.
And sucks that we didn't get to see Rafael Scarfe get some redemption before he died.

Another good episode.

Only weird part was the way Misty was saying "Rafe" as she was crying.
And sucks that we didn't get to see Rafael Scarfe get some redemption before he died.

I at least believe he genuinely did love and care for his partner Misty. I think life just went sour for him after his son shot himself with his own gun. By his own admission, it seems the Battle for NY made him feel powerless about what he could actually do as a cop. So he figured he made as well make some money on the side and live comfortably. But I kind of figure it was his son's death that probably pushed him over the edge.

"I Ain't No Hero, Pay Me!" Bobby Fish is great!

That scene where Misty and Perez are struggling for her gun makes me think Misty has her bionic arm (or something comparable). She eventually just shoves his ass back like he's a kid and his ensuing WTF face was just grand. :eek: :woot:
Or maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see.
wbyr0x.gif

I'll try and get better at adding spoiler code, sorry about that before.

It took me a second to recognize Trish Walker in the beginning. Love the Easter Egg. This episode was interesting to see a bit more of Mariah. She comes off as so slimey. On the other hand, she's far more in control (the gills thing was a good point). Honestly, it'd be better if she and Shades were running things, not Cottonmouth.

[blackout]Scarfe's unexpected shooting[/blackout] triggered a very interesting episode where a lot of things happened. I loved the car chase scene (another well-directed, well-paced scene). [BLACKOUT]I did expect him to die, though[/BLACKOUT]. The weird thing is this seemed to resolve the plot so far. I certainly didn't expect that episode six. On the other hand, they've been teasing Diamondback for quite some time.

Four and a Half Stars

I said it in the last episode thread and I'll say it again in this one..I love Claire. Misty was awesome in this one too and I loved how they used Trish Talk at the beginning, nice little nod. Mariah was another highlight for me in this episode and as of now I can say that this is my favorite one so far.

Was not expecting that story about Scarfe's son...that was awful. Loved it when Misty played that little trick on the other dirty cop. Really curious to see where they go with things now that Stokes has been arrested.

Misty would of been justifiable in shooting Perez when he went for her gun.

Yay, Trish Talk show.

Black Mariah suggesting there are other ways to hurt Luke Cage. In the comics villains have hurt Cage by electrocuting, poisoning and drowning him. Only the idiot ones keep trying to shoot a guy known for being bulletproof.

You don't mess with Cage people and money.

It was cool to hear Trish.

That interview, though. Ha! Got em!

Pointing the camera at the Apollo Theater early in the episode is the second nod to The Incredible Hulk.
I'm a fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"