Season 1 Spoilers and Speculation

Anyone who has asked Greg Weisman a question regarding either Spidey or Gargoyles a while back, by now those questions have been answered. I just checked, and mine and Webhead's have.

WolfCypher writes...
Since it never hurts to ask, and if I cross any lines, all you have to do is ignore that question, I'm going to get presumptuous with some of my questions.

1) I gotta know...what will drive Eddie to hate Peter/Spidey to the point of wanting to kill him?

1.1) Okay, that may be too much, so maybe I'll ask if Eddie's hatred will be towards only Peter, or Spider-Man, too...

1.2) Okay, okay, at least can you reveal by what episode will we see their brotherly bond breakdown and Eddie's dark side come out?

2) Will the opening feature the same animation in later seasons, or will the animation change, such as featuring season 2 characters in the opening?

3) Have there been any Gargoyle referrences in this show? Besides Max getting electrocuted by the eels in "Interactions"?

Well, it was an honor wasting your time with these nerdy questions. Seriously, big fan of Gargoyles, and I love your handling of 'Spec SM'!

Greg responds...
1. You'll just have to be patient.

2. The opening changed a little with episode #110. I honestly don't know what if any changes we'll make for Season Two.

3. There have been a few. You know, like the gargoyles in episode 101.

Anyone who has asked Greg Weisman a question regarding either Spidey or Gargoyles a while back, by now those questions have been answered. I just checked, and mine and Webhead's have.

WolfCypher writes...
Since it never hurts to ask, and if I cross any lines, all you have to do is ignore that question, I'm going to get presumptuous with some of my questions.

1) I gotta know...what will drive Eddie to hate Peter/Spidey to the point of wanting to kill him?

1.1) Okay, that may be too much, so maybe I'll ask if Eddie's hatred will be towards only Peter, or Spider-Man, too...

1.2) Okay, okay, at least can you reveal by what episode will we see their brotherly bond breakdown and Eddie's dark side come out?

2) Will the opening feature the same animation in later seasons, or will the animation change, such as featuring season 2 characters in the opening?

3) Have there been any Gargoyle referrences in this show? Besides Max getting electrocuted by the eels in "Interactions"?

Well, it was an honor wasting your time with these nerdy questions. Seriously, big fan of Gargoyles, and I love your handling of 'Spec SM'!

Greg responds...

2. The opening changed a little with episode #110. I honestly don't know what if any changes we'll make for Season Two.

Cool! :up:

WolfCypher writes...

Greg responds...

Cool interview, and I was wondering about a change in the opening, in later seasons, myself.

It's kind of retro, really. You'd see this kind of opening where they'd have the char's names back in the 60s and 70s, and since this series si pretty much a restart of Spidey's history it makes sense they'd go for a retro-opening.

It's kind of retro, really. You'd see this kind of opening where they'd have the char's names back in the 60s and 70s, and since this series si pretty much a restart of Spidey's history it makes sense they'd go for a retro-opening.

yeah that is true..

WolfCypher writes...

Greg responds...

Cool interview :yay:

Yea greg's site is nice for spidey and gargoyles fans to learn things.

TV Guide has an exclusive first look at The upcoming Spectacular SPIDER-MAN very own VENOM ! Check out the image!

55837924xp7.png

After weeks of teasing, Venom finally makes his appearance on The CW's The Spectacular Spider-Man this Saturday, and we've got your exclusive first look. The alien menace, a popular Spidey villain from the comics and last year's Spider-Man 3, bonded to Peter Parker two episodes ago. On this week's episode, "Intervention" (airing June 7 at 10 am/ET) Peter fights back, forcing the symbiote to look for a new host — paging Pete's pal Eddie Brock! — and take on the form of the slithery, fanged Venom. :sym:

They changed it from the initial design we had around here. Good, because this one at least gets his color right, and he doesn't have biceps stupidly bigger than his head.

They changed it from the initial design we had around here. Good, because this one at least gets his color right, and he doesn't have biceps stupidly bigger than his head.
Rhino is exactly like that and no one has complained about his design at all

Because a Rhino's body isn't like a human's body so we're more accepting.

Venom is supposed to be an "Evil Spiderman", so having his proportions be so totally out of whack when Spidey's aren't makes him look silly.

Because a Rhino's body isn't like a human's body so we're more accepting.

Venom is supposed to be an "Evil Spiderman", so having his proportions be so totally out of whack when Spidey's aren't makes him look silly.
Agreed, Rhino is supposed to be a giant Hulk-like beast, while Venom is supposed to be an enhanced Spider-man(In this show).

Press Release:

For those watching closely over the past two episodes, the symbiote-induced black suit worn by The Spectacular Spider-Man has already undergone some evolutionary changes – and there are more coming in "Intervention," an all-new episode of The Spectacular Spider-Man premiering this Saturday, June 7 at 10:00 a.m. ET/PT on
CW4Kids.

The black suit, the result of an alien symbiote attaching itself to Peter Parker/Spider-Man, first appeared in the episode entitled "Persona." For that episode, the suit fairly replicated Spider-Man's red/blue suit into a black version with its classic web pattern, along with a spider emblem on his back in black with a white outline.

In the next episode, "Group Therapy," the chest emblem increased in size and changed slightly in shape – much like the comics black spider shape. In addition, the emblem on his back had a slight change in shape and was now all-white, and the classic Spider-Man suit web pattern began coming apart with the webs starting to unravel. In "Intervention," the black suit has fully evolved into the comics version of the black Spider-Man costume.

Producer/Supervising Director Victor Cook explained the reason for the evolution of the black suit from episode to episode.

"The symbiote's control over Peter isn't sudden, it progresses – and we wanted to show that aspect visually as well by having the black suit progress from classic web pattern to non webs," Cook said. "As the web unravels, so does Peter's control. Also, it was fun to for us to homage both the movie and comics versions of the black Spidey suit."

Press Release:

For those watching closely over the past two episodes, the symbiote-induced black suit worn by The Spectacular Spider-Man has already undergone some evolutionary changes – and there are more coming in "Intervention," an all-new episode of The Spectacular Spider-Man premiering this Saturday, June 7 at 10:00 a.m. ET/PT on
CW4Kids.

The black suit, the result of an alien symbiote attaching itself to Peter Parker/Spider-Man, first appeared in the episode entitled "Persona." For that episode, the suit fairly replicated Spider-Man's red/blue suit into a black version with its classic web pattern, along with a spider emblem on his back in black with a white outline.

In the next episode, "Group Therapy," the chest emblem increased in size and changed slightly in shape – much like the comics black spider shape. In addition, the emblem on his back had a slight change in shape and was now all-white, and the classic Spider-Man suit web pattern began coming apart with the webs starting to unravel. In "Intervention," the black suit has fully evolved into the comics version of the black Spider-Man costume.

Producer/Supervising Director Victor Cook explained the reason for the evolution of the black suit from episode to episode.

"The symbiote's control over Peter isn't sudden, it progresses – and we wanted to show that aspect visually as well by having the black suit progress from classic web pattern to non webs," Cook said. "As the web unravels, so does Peter's control. Also, it was fun to for us to homage both the movie and comics versions of the black Spidey suit."
Awesome and I defenitley agree with Greg! :up:

Press Release:

CW4Kids.

Spectacular and ingenious.:word::up::venom:

do you think later in the series we would get Hydro-Man? i thought he was pretty cool in the TAS of what i remember, but it'd be just like Sandman kind of..

do you think later in the series we would get Hydro-Man? i thought he was pretty cool in the TAS of what i remember, but it'd be just like Sandman kind of..
I think we most likely will, but probably not until the 3rd or 4th season.

yea we are likely to see a good load of big names and some lesser name villains pop in.

I don't think they have much of an option.
he'll pop up later. I think most of the known villains will.
and it would be cool to see Sandman vs Hydro-Man.

Just watched Intervention and it was probably my favorite episode so far. I love when the shows go into the past for inspirational montages to help the character realize who he is. It was inspiring, but a little too close to the film stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"