Daredevil Season 2, Episode 10 "The Man in the Box" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

flickchick85

Admin of Might
Staff member
Reaction score
DDyc78o1_540_zpsyf0gmbgn.jpg

Discuss Episode 10: "The Man in the Box" here.

Murdock and Foggy get caught in the crossfire of The Punisher's revenge. Karen and Murdock dig for the truth in very different ways.
ANY SPOILERS FOR EPISODES BEYOND THIS ONE MUST BE TAGGED.

Last edited:
Damn
Fisk breaking those handcuffs and slamming Matts head against the table. WHen he gets out of jail Matt is going to have a battle on his hands.

Damn
Fisk breaking those handcuffs and slamming Matts head against the table. WHen he gets out of jail Matt is going to have a battle on his hands.

To put it bluntly, Matt is screwed. And Fisk will spend more than $6 on the postage!

Setting up
Born Again

I think that's one reason why Murdock didn't fight to keep Foggy Nelson. He's pushing Foggy away to try and protect him.

That Matt/Kingpin confrontation. :wow:

I was hoping Matt would knock Fisk on his ass or at least get out of his grip. I know they want Fisk to be intimidating, but they cant expect me to buy that Matt would let Fisk manhandle him like that and keep his hands on him after they've shown Matt take down an entire gang of armed and loaded bikers. Fisk is strong but Matt's squirrelly enough to break his grip or break his wrists. And no jury or judge would ever charge a blind man for defending himself against a career criminal.

Last edited:
I was hoping Matt would knock Fisk on his ass or at least get out of his grip. I know they want Fisk to be intimidating, but they cant expect me to buy that Matt would let Fisk manhandle him like that and keep his hands on him after they've shown Matt take down an entire gang of armed and loaded bikers. Fisk is strong but Matt's squirrelly enough to break his grip or break his wrists. And no jury or judge would ever charge a blind man for defending himself against a career criminal.

Therein lies the problem. He still needs to keep his cover, especially in front of Fisk.

Yeah, Matt did start to fight back a little bit, made one move and Fisk chalked it up to him being "the son of a boxer." If he'd done more, Fisk would've started to suspect there was more to it than that.

DA ***** got taken out and I loved it! More Fisk greatness, Enjoyed seeing Claire and Matt interact again, Nice little fight between Elektra and the assassin.

Last edited:

A part of me wish matt goes all Dd mode and whack fisk inside the cell room. I really do.

If Matt can fight nobu, he can win fisk easily. matt is more skilled than ever in s2.

Yeah, Matt did start to fight back a little bit, made one move and Fisk chalked it up to him being "the son of a boxer." If he'd done more, Fisk would've started to suspect there was more to it than that.

I got the impression that afterwards when he touches the blood coming out of his nose he does suspect matt of being more. He looks very thoughtful and asks for murdocks file.

Yeah..no doubt about it...fisk sensed matt was more than just a lawyer.

As many have mentioned here..I think they are working towards the born again arc or bendis' s Out arc

This was crazy. Every episode beats the last...

Exactly, Marvolo read this post ^

I think if it was in private and Matt had equal footing, yeah. But at that Moment, Matt was deep in enemy territory,
Fisk had taken over the Prison
. Putting up any real fight would have gotten him killed.

Exactly, but I suspect that it's already too late. The only punch that Matt gave was already the one punch too much. The way Fisk looked at his bruised lips and the fact that he then quickly orders his men to find everything possible on Matt Murdock is for me the proof that he made the connection between the masked man that he fought twice and Murdock or, at least, suspect that something is really wrong with Matt. Now, it's only a question of time before he discovers for sure who is behind the devil mask

Awesome episode.
Matt made his biggest mistake by going to see Fisk when he is out, he is so screwed.
I immediatly know that the french guy will be an asssassin but I totally didn't expect that he worked for Stick.
The Hand is so awesome too.

Did anyone catch the French pilot's last name?[BLACKOUT] DuChamp? As in Frenchie? As in Moon Knight's BFF?[/BLACKOUT]

The only thing that makes me feel like it might not be was the change in the first name [BLACKOUT]and the fact that it looked like he was flirting with her when Frenchie's openly gay. (Then again it could just be him being happy to see somebody else who speaks French.)[/BLACKOUT]

And the first name problem isn't an issue either. Nuke had his name changed from Frank to Will, Kirigi was renamed Nobu and Vision was never referred to as Victor Shade. I think that it's VERY likely that we'll see [BLACKOUT]Moon Knight [/BLACKOUT]in the MCU in the near future.

Last edited:
Finished the episode.
He dies... but that has to be Frenchie's deceased brother. It sets up a partnership between the two of them along the lines of, "my brother was a mercenary just like you. He was killed in this very city."

Last edited:
Matt was originally meant to fight Kirigi in Season One instead of Nobu, so either Nobu was meant to be Kirigi or was changed later on. Who knows

Nobu last name is:
Yoshioka so he is meant to be Kagenobu Yoshioka.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"