Daredevil Season 2, Episode 11 ".380" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

flickchick85

Admin of Might
Staff member
Reaction score
DDyc78o1_540_zpsyf0gmbgn.jpg

Discuss Episode 11: ".380" here.

The Punisher's war continues, and so does the body count in Hell's Kitchen. Murdock tries to finish what the DA started.
ANY SPOILERS FOR EPISODES BEYOND THIS ONE MUST BE TAGGED.

Last edited:
Holy Crap lot of past Villains showing up this season. Fisk Nabu and now Madam Gau. That guy that Castle beat up in the bar was almost turning into a jig saw after what Frank did that to his face. If he didn't shoot him maybe it could've happed in the future.

Very happy to see [blackout]Madame Gao[/blackout] return!

More Frank and Karen interactions, I like it.

I wonder what it was that Stick gave to his 2 guys and what they were gonna do until Elektra killed them.

Some real nice Matt & Frank interaction in this one.

Another episode of the two stories going strong. Unlike last season where there was a dip towards the end, this seems to be going full speed. It's obviously a very focused story now. I did like the one character moment, which was the conversation between Frank and Karen about Matt.

On the Hand front, I think it's interesting that Stick is an unlikeable a-hole too. If it weren't for the fact that the Hand is seemingly kidnapping and brainwashing kids, I'm not sure I'd support the Chaste. We still have no idea why he tried to kill Elektra. I was surprised that Claire quit. I wonder what they're going to do going forward.

Great to see Madame Gao again. She continues to be mysterious but it still isn't clear just what she is. At least here, she's coming off relatively down to Earth (just dealing drugs and the like). I expected her to also have information on the war between the Chaste and the Hand. But, no, we're just going after the Blacksmith.

Frank Castle continues to be brutal and walk that line between rational and psycho (his wanting to kill someone even when they had useful information shows he's unhinged). The problem is Matt's almost about to agree with him (his fight with Fisk seems to have shattered his resolve). I'm hoping they resolve things and can actually bring some warmth and happiness for a change to this show.

Four and a Half Stars.

Dang this was a good episode!! Jon has nailed the Punisher character! The episode was kind of graphic and I had to turn my head a few times but man was it good!!

It was nice seeing Madam Gao again. I was expecting her to give some more info on The Hand.

This episode felt almost as if this should've been a Marvel Knights series. It was as much a Punisher show as a DD show.

Without further ado...

So we begin with a siege by ninja of a modern hospital. This season has clearly crossed over into the wider world of the Marvel Universe, the place where beings thought of by our ancestors as gods come through portals and lead a galactic army of conquest to crush human civilization as we know it.

I have really enjoyed what has been done with Brett, now Det. Brett. I would REALLY hate if something bad were to happen to him next season.

The scene of Karen and Matt spelled out to me that Karen wants, needs honesty from Matt. She needs his presence to prove he does value her and Foggy, but attention and time is in short supply for Matt. That said, I understand Karen's reaction to most things but I still don't get why she stormed out of Matt's apartment when she saw an obviously sick woman in Matt's bed and a 60 plus year old blind man.

Side note... Has anyone noticed the level of alcohol consumption on this show? Has there been an episode since the first of this season til now where there was no drinking? Just an observation. Is that gonna lead to somewhere?

I think the fact that Frank interacts as he does with Karen and thinks about her consideration of him says Frank as portrayed on the show is far from a complete nutjob. They are giving Berthal shades to play with which I think is as it should be. Frank in the books can be a bit one dimensional to the point of caricature if there's not a deft hand writing. Also... Look out Dr. Phil. Frank Castle Relationship Expert is on the case!

I knew once Chinatown was mentioned that Gao had to come back. WHO OR WHAT IS SHE? I think DD's offer to her is an interesting development. The compromise of dealing with someone like Gao... Would season one Matt have done that? Would it even have occurred to him back then?

Frank and DD here have similarities to the comics for sure, however I feel that there's something about the way this is written for live action... It feels more fleshed out, far less simple. For sure these men are not friends, but... There just was something about the way Frank responded to DD's offer to finish this Frank's "way". It felt like while Frank is not Catholic anymore he still was in his way looking out for Matt's soul.

I am still unsure about where this Stick/Elektra thing is going. Right now it feels like there is a piece of the puzzle missing.

OK... What was that object Stick gave to his men? That thing screams "magical macguffin". Kun'un'lun related? "Get me what I need"/"Follow the PLAN"? Is what Stick needs a "living weapon"? One from an extradimensional city perhaps?

Last edited:
Without further ado...

So we begin with a siege by ninja of a modern hospital. This season has clearly crossed over into the wider world of the Marvel Universe, the place where beings thought of by our ancestors as gods come through portals and lead a galactic army of conquest to crush human civilization as we know it.

I have really enjoyed what has been done with Brett, now Det. Brett. I would REALLY hate if something bad were to happen to him next season.

The scene of Karen and Matt spelled out to me that Karen wants, needs honesty from Matt. She needs his presence to prove he does value her and Foggy, but attention and time is in short supply for Matt. That said, I understand Karen's reaction to most things but I still don't get why she stormed out of Matt's apartment when she saw an obviously sick woman in Matt's bed and a 60 plus year old blind man.

Side note... Has anyone noticed the level of alcohol consumption on this show? Has there been an episode since the first of this season til now where there was no drinking? Just an observation. Is that gonna lead to somewhere?

I think the fact that Frank interacts as he does with Karen and thinks about her consideration of him says Frank as portrayed on the show is far from a complete nutjob. They are giving Berthal shades to play with which I think is as it should be. Frank in the books can be a bit one dimensional to the point of caricature if there's not a deft hand writing. Also... Look out Dr. Phil. Frank Castle Relationship Expert is on the case!

I knew once Chinatown was mentioned that Gao had to come back. WHO OR WHAT IS SHE? I think DD's offer to her is an interesting development. The compromise of dealing with someone like Gao... Would season one Matt have done that? Would it even have occurred to him back then?

Frank and DD here have similarities to the comics for sure, however I feel that there's something about the way this is written for live action... It feels more fleshed out, far less simple. For sure these men are not friends, but... There just was something about the way Frank responded to DD's offer to finish this Frank's "way". It felt like while Frank is not Catholic anymore he still was in his way looking out for Matt's soul.

I am still unsure about where this Stick/Elektra thing is going. Right now it feels like there is a piece of the puzzle missing.

OK... What was that object Stick gave to his men? That thing screams "magical macguffin". Kun'un'lun related? "Get me what I need"/"Follow the PLAN"? Is what Stick needs a "living weapon"? One from an extradimensional city perhaps?

I'm really glad they displayed the human side of Frank especially in the early episodes. They had to give the audience a reason to sympathize with him even as terrifying and ruthless as he is. We're still in some way shape or form supposed to sympathize and root for him. I havent read the comics in a while but I do remember him being a little one note. Especially in the Punisher MAX/Garth Ennis era he was just shown as an old grizzled vigilante who'd been at it for a while. It makes sense that the younger and modernized version the Punisher like the one we got on the show would still have a little of that humanity left in him, even if we witness it fade away little by little as the season went on.

What does Stick give to the guys later stabbed by Elektra?

Looked like a special tanto sword. Must have some significance against the Hand or at least is special to the Chaste.

Yeah, I would've been questioning things if I were Karen. Also, I wonder how the rest of the season would've gone if Karen had allowed Matt to come with her into protective custody.

How do you think the last two episodes would have gone after the "I'm not yours to protect" conversation would have gone if instead of saying no, Karen allowed Matt to come with her into police protection?

Holy Crap lot of past Villains showing up this season. Fisk Nabu and now Madam Gau. That guy that Castle beat up in the bar was almost turning into a jig saw after what Frank did that to his face. If he didn't shoot him maybe it could've happed in the future.

Along with Fisk I think they have all added something to Season 2. Sometimes this kind of thing can be a pain but all the returning guys have contributed well while we are still getting big new characters like Elektra and Punisher. This is easily my favourite Marvel Netflix show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"