The Flash Season 5: Episode 13 "Goldfaced"

Web-Head

Oh boy yeah
Reaction score
Barry and Ralph must go undercover as criminals in an illegal black market to purchase a device that could help them stop Cicada. Once inside, Barry and Ralph find their morality tested as they slip deeper into the criminal world, eventually having to choose between committing a crime, or losing the means to defeat one of their greatest foes. Meanwhile, Iris investigates a lead on Cicada's whereabouts and ends up in a dangerous situation.

Barry and Ralph must go undercover as criminals in an illegal black market to purchase a device that could help them stop Cicada. Once inside, Barry and Ralph find their morality tested as they slip deeper into the criminal world, eventually having to choose between committing a crime, or losing the means to defeat one of their greatest foes. Meanwhile, Iris investigates a lead on Cicada's whereabouts and ends up in a dangerous situation.
But they already have a means to stop Cicada; Killer Frost. :p

I am so over Cicada, there is nothing intimidating or threatening about him. They've traveled through time to try to stop him, they have a non-meta meta try to stop him, they've gone to every extreme just to separate him from his dagger.

I am so over Cicada, there is nothing intimidating or threatening about him. They've traveled through time to try to stop him, they have a non-meta meta try to stop him, they've gone to every extreme just to separate him from his dagger.

...with very little reason as to why it all failed.

Most intense game of Lazer Tag EVER!

Entertaining episode, but pretty much complete filler. The Lazer Tag bit being the highlight, as well as the Iris/Cicada scene

Barry, Ralph....Don't take the bad guy's word for it that that's a stun setting. You got lucky this time. It could just as easily have been "disintegrate" or "self-destruct" or "stun at 100 paces but kill at 50".

(Oh, I watch the show with my comic book goggles on, but where's the fun in suspending disbelief all the time?)

Pretty well done, but again we have to invent a way for Flash powers to be neutralized for the sake of the plot. I'm really over these types of plot devices.

Also, Goldface has meta bracelets and can stay one step ahead of the law moving his black market but no face recognition software that can identify a fairly well known CC CSI that was recently very publicly tried in court.

goddamn all you gotta do is have killer frost deep freeze this fool and game is over
this season is getting on my nerves

Pretty filler for me. Another of a million possible ways to stop Cicada that probably won't work somehow too.

I was laughing at how Cicada yelled when he got pepper sprayed, when Iris broke the doll house, and when he got stabbed. Also laughed when he jumped through that glass.

Can't forget the laser tag scene and how Barry really killed Goldface in a gruesome way only to say "He's alive!"

This felt like a budget episode where they didn't want to use too many special effects.

How has Iris managed to inflict more damage on Cicada than almost everyone else? Cicada is boring and sounds really wooden.

Also why can't they just drug Cicada? He's not immune to tranquilizer gas. If they knocked him out that way they could administer the cure and he wouldn't wake up.

And Killer Frost should be able to hold him for a minute.

A good ep for what it was. I liked the Sherluc/Nora aspect a lot better. Great also seeing Kimberly Williams (Paisley.) Always liked her and I hope she comes back more than once or twice.
I was though hoping that Sherluc would see through her ploy, but it was also nice how it refocused him onto Cicada.
...whom Iris found after talking to just. one. guy...
I guess she really is a great reporter!
Although, Iris, when you have your enemy down you don't taunt and run, you double-tap and end it.

The plot with Barry and Ralph was good if a bit staid. I liked seeing them working without their powers - even if Goldface was twice the bad guy than Cicada is and they still managed to do a take-down in one episode.

And, as noted above, Barry's face had been plastered all over the news just a year ago. He would have been recognized!

Still, despite the Flash requiring more suspension of disbelief than Supergirl or Arrow, I liked it. Shame it's skipping a week.

Kimberly Williams Paisley seems like she should've played the mother of Caitlin. They seem more alike than the actress who plays her mother.

I was though hoping that Sherluc would see through her ploy, but it was also nice how it refocused him onto Cicada.
Although, Iris, when you have your enemy down you don't taunt and run, you double-tap and end it.

Is the double tap a reference to some kind of game or something? I've seen say this before and I'm just wondering

Is the double tap a reference to some kind of game or something? I've seen say this before and I'm just wondering

I think it started with Walking Dead. A 'double-tap' basically means two shots to the head - just to be sure!

But basically, when your enemy is down, don't waste the moment. Knock him out and tie him up.

After all the trouble Iris went through with ... well, every main villain Barry has dealt with, and almost dying at the hands of Savitar, you'd think she'd know better than to break into the home of Barry's (current) worst villain ever.

I like the 'have purse, will travel,' mind set!:huh:

Pros: Gold Face was way more fun and interesting than any baddies in several seasons, hope he becomes a recurring, Barry Ralph team up, Barry channeling Oliver.

Cons: eye roll inducing everything else, including laser tag which went on way too long.

Pros: Gold Face was way more fun and interesting than any baddies in several seasons, hope he becomes a recurring, Barry Ralph team up, Barry channeling Oliver.

Cons: eye roll inducing everything else, including laser tag which went on way too long.

They should've had Deathlok from Agents of SHIELD show up. :o

1115a480bfce155bc5fc2b4463b18d41.jpg

Though I did like the episode, I do not think they are Rob Zombie worthy...

A good ep for what it was. I liked the Sherluc/Nora aspect a lot better. Great also seeing Kimberly Williams (Paisley.) Always liked her and I hope she comes back more than once or twice.

The plot with Barry and Ralph was good if a bit staid. I liked seeing them working without their powers - even if Goldface was twice the bad guy than Cicada is and they still managed to do a take-down in one episode.

And, as noted above, Barry's face had been plastered all over the news just a year ago. He would have been recognized!

Still, despite the Flash requiring more suspension of disbelief than Supergirl or Arrow, I liked it. Shame it's skipping a week.

1966 Batman villains explaining their diabolical plans to Batman in a perilous trap and then leaving him alone = 2019 villains or heroes having their foe incapacitated and fleeing because reasons instead of ending it right there and then.

Grab a frying pan, give him a bong on the head and tie him up. DUN! Your welcome!:funny:

Instead we got, 'oh, you're down, hurt and bleeding. You look like you are in a lot of pain. But we'll defeat you!' Run away...:huh:

Down with this episode!

Barry and Ralph have no commando training yet they defeat all those thugs using guns and no powers!? They should have been blasted to pieces within 10 seconds of engaging those guys. If that weren't enough, the writers then decided that having the two of them maintain a position on a stairway in the center of a room surrounded by enemies on a higher floor means they have a better chance of winning.

Also Ralph got hit by a metal fist hard enough to get sent sailing though the air; why isn't he dead?

I voted a 6/10 but regret it now because I realize that was too generous.

Overall I think a 6 a weaker episode but some fun moments

But they already have a means to stop Cicada; Killer Frost. :p

I couldn't help but laugh when they set up the premise of this episode saying they have to hold him still for maybe a minute and both Ralph & Barry are like "How are we gonna do that?"

Think most of the fan base was screaming at their TV's "REALLY? Frost had him frozen to a wall like the last episode"

Didn't initially like Goldface but the fight at the end and seeing his powers in action really improved my opinion of him, didn't expect that chain to be a whip lol.

Down with this episode!

Barry and Ralph have no commando training yet they defeat all those thugs using guns and no powers!? They should have been blasted to pieces within 10 seconds of engaging those guys. If that weren't enough, the writers then decided that having the two of them maintain a position on a stairway in the center of a room surrounded by enemies on a higher floor means they have a better chance of winning.

Also Ralph got hit by a metal fist hard enough to get sent sailing though the air; why isn't he dead?

I voted a 6/10 but regret it now because I realize that was too generous.

You made me laugh watched this scene with my buddy and he blurts out "that's dumb gold is soft and malleable that wouldn't even hurt that much"

Literally just looked at him like really and went "Mate let me wrap a bar of gold round your face see if you think it hurts:funny:"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"