Season 5 overview

Red

King Littlefinger
Reaction score
What episodes did you enjoy, what anoyed you (characters, plots).

I enoyed most of the episodes, especially the ones with the fortress.

One thing that annoyed me though, was Clark wearing the same Blue t-shirt and red jacket almost every freaking week.

This season was just AWESOME! I enjoyed every episode- which was a first since Season 3! Is it me, or was this the LONGEST season of Smallville? If not, it sure played out long! Ok, now my favorite ep's were: (sorry- i don't the names of the actual episodes...)

The one with the girl who also had power from the Meteor Shower, and saved Martha from being mugged after Jonathan died...

The White K that made Clark halucinate, nearly kill his parents, Lana, and Lex-plus we find out just who Brianac is....

When Lana was using liquid Kryptonite to see her parents by dying....

The "Saw" episode when Lionel revealed to Clark he knew his secert...

Jonathan dying....

supercrashmac said:
One thing that annoyed me though, was Clark wearing the same Blue t-shirt and red jacket almost every freaking week...
Yeah, that gets old quick, doesn't it?

Oh wait...

superman4.jpg

:p ;) :D

BLAQUE-SPIDERMAN said:
This season was just AWESOME! I enjoyed every episode- which was a first since Season 3! Is it me, or was this the LONGEST season of Smallville? If not, it sure played out long! Ok, now my favorite ep's were: (sorry- i don't the names of the actual episodes...)

The one with the girl who also had power from the Meteor Shower, and saved Martha from being mugged after Jonathan died...

The White K that made Clark halucinate, nearly kill his parents, Lana, and Lex-plus we find out just who Brianac is....

When Lana was using liquid Kryptonite to see her parents by dying....

The "Saw" episode when Lionel revealed to Clark he knew his secert...

Jonathan dying....

In case you're curious, here are those episodes:

Girl that saved Martha: Vengeance

Actually it was silver k, not white: Splinter

Liquid Krypto-flatliners: Void

The saw episode: Mercy

Jonathan dying: Reckoning

I really liked those, too... :up:

I think my favorite is Hidden, (that's the one where Clark gets shot and gets his powers back). That leap/flight to the missile was totally awesome.

Mortal is probably a close second, aside from the creepy twins, it was a nearly perfect episode...

I loved the humorous scooby-doo moments with Chloe and the fact that Clark was heroic without his powers... proves yet again that Clark is a born hero, powers or not. I was shocked that Clark was shot even though I knew it was coming....

triplet said:
Mortal is probably a close second, aside from the creepy twins, it was a nearly perfect episode...
I really wish they could have prolonged the Clark/Lana relationship through more episodes. That was the best part of Mortal. Well, for me it was. They could have intro'd a bit more humor in subsequent episodes instead of making it oh so tragic. Not that what they DID do was bad mind you, I just would have preferred a few more happy moments for those two in place of all the...... angst. *sigh*

Ah vell. All in all, 'twas the best season so far. :up:

I haven't seen Vessel yet (shame on me) but my top 5 eps for this season:

1.) Hidden (I agree with Trip, the jump was such a spectacular moment both visually and in poignancy. For me, it was the greatest scene in SV history, and the acting in the episode was top notch from everyone involved.)

2.) Reckoning (An exquisite rollercoaster ride. And you've gotta love the Groundhog's Day moments with Chloe :up:)

3.) Oracle (Fine at his "ghostly", villainous best, Lex telling Clark "You lost her", Lionel and Clark, Lois and Clark. Awesome episode.)

4.) Splinter (Welling's acting was superb, and I loved the makeup effects on him. And of course, seeing Fine doin' his thing.)

5.) Void (Jonathan's ghost, desperate Lana, Lex getting closer to Lana, and the aftermath of the breakup. Good stuff all around.)

AgentPat said:
I really wish they could have prolonged the Clark/Lana relationship through more episodes. That was the best part of Mortal. Well, for me it was. They could have intro'd a bit more humor in subsequent episodes instead of making it oh so tragic. Not that what they DID do was bad mind you, I just would have preferred a few more happy moments for those two in place of all the...... angst. *sigh*

True...

I think you can have a good relationship on TV while it still being dynamic... Medium has that.

Allison is happily married but she's a very passionate person married to another passionate person. They have a great marriage yet they fight all the time. They can have sweet, romantic moments and still make the fights believable.

A committed relationship shouldn't have to equal boring.

AgentPat said:
Ah vell. All in all, 'twas the best season so far. :up:

Yes. Yes, it was.

I totally concur. :up:

Its really hard to list my favorite eps simply because their have been so many great ones this year.

I was one of my two favorite seasons so far. Mostly good with some downers here and there,*I'm looking at you Fanatic and Tomb!*

We had so much to love: Brainiac, FOS, Super-feats, Lex going down the darker path, Cyborg, Aquaman, Character motion, The Lexmas Carol, Kryptonians.

This season was much more mythos oriented than the previous seasons, and was much better written than S4 was overall.:up:

Those Beautiful Tortured Souls..

the season started so well..
lovely...
and promissing..

and he ment it..
and then reckoning came..
and nothing was the same..

Being the sappy Clana fan that I am.. my favorite moments of this season were all about happy Clark and happy Lana...

mortalhr136a7kl.jpg

hiddenhr571a3yu.jpg

Serene said:
Being the sappy Clana fan that I am.. my favorite moments of this season were all about happy Clark and happy Lana...

On the contrary for me, seeing Lex make his moves and snag Lana when she was at her most vunerable were some of my favorite moments.

my fav moment of season 5 was right after when lana kissed zod, he threw her off the building.

Kaboom said:
my fav moment of season 5 was right after when lana kissed zod, he threw her off the building.
Damn! I missed that scene. LOL

I don't think I have a number one favorite scene from S5, though some of these come close...

Clark spills to Chloe in Arrival:
arrival14.jpg

Clark and Lana in Mortal... we waited HOW long to finally see this? LOL
mortal6.jpg

Caught in Hidden:
hidden11.jpg

Bringing down the missile in Hidden:
hidden10.jpg

Confrontation with Brainiac in Solitude:
solitude2.jpg

Funeral scene in Reckoning, though the proposal at the beginning was just as good:
reckoning3.jpg

Arguably, The. Most. Touching. SV scene, EVER! From Vengeance:
vengeance3.jpg

I thought the funeral scene in Reckoning was probably the most beautiful one ever, it was a gorgeous montage and the mournful Peter Gabriel song was a perfect choice for it.

However, I would have to go with the hug between Clark and Martha at the end of Vengeance to be the single most touching moment in the series.

So sad. :(

triplet said:
I thought the funeral scene in Reckoning was probably the most beautiful one ever, it was a gorgeous montage and the mournful Peter Gabriel song was a perfect choice for it.

However, I would have to go with the hug between Clark and Martha at the end of Vengeance to be the single most touching moment in the series.

So sad. :(

I tear up just thinking about that scene. It was one of the most sad moments for our favorite farmboy.:(

AgentPat said:
vengeance3.jpg

That wins as the scene that caused the most tears for me. :(

You know what caused me a lot of tears?

Hypnotic. :O

Serene said:
That wins as the scene that caused the most tears for me.
I tear up just looking at the screen cap. :(

See? That's the real meat and potatoes of the show, init? That's where the connection is. I've seen arguments from people who say they don't want (or need) to relate to the character - they just want to have a superhero to look up to, a symbol to aspire to, yada yada. Meh. That's all well and good, but if you can't relate on a very personal level to the character, it's just window dressing. Something you hang up on the wall and go, that's nice. Big deal. But unless you were raised by apes in the jungle (LOL), you probably have parent(s) or parental figure(s) whom you'd mourn upon their death(s). So everybody can relate to Clark's pain in that scene, and perhaps even cry with him.

Schnieder's Jonathan Kent was the best ever, IMHO. I'll miss him a lot! Amazing that the loss of a character on a TV show can be so touching. Therein is where SV's greatness lies. These characters actually mean something to fans.

i agree pat, the key to this show has always been the relationships among clark, johnathan, and martha. (clark and lex are a distant second in my opinion). because it shows how his rearing made Clark, Supes, rather then the Red Son.

we all know my views on lana.

As for chloe, she should be lois. (not the chlois stupid metamorphing theory, but that chloe acts just like future lois, and whos relationship with clark mirrors his with future lois, except, the pining is being done in reverse).

AgentPat said:
Clark spills to Chloe in Arrival:
arrival14.jpg

Bringing down the missile in Hidden:
hidden10.jpg

Funeral scene in Reckoning, though the proposal at the beginning was just as good:
reckoning3.jpg

vengeance3.jpg

I couldn't agree more with these choices.

i've always been a fan of Clark and Chloe's friendship. I also loved the scene from Blank in season 4 when they were talking about how people would betray Clark if they knew his secret (as you can probably tell by my sig.) Clark said to Chloe "But you wouldn't...would you" and Chloe answered "Never"
I just think that this sums it up not only by what she says but the way she says it and the look on her face. She is 110% loyal to Clark and she would rather die than ever betray him. I think that that's beautiful.

That flight/jump was awsome in Hidden, it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

The funeral scene was done very well and i think that 'I grieve by Peter Gabriel' was the perfect song for that moment.

And lastly, the scene from Vengeance is without a doubt the most touching scene Smallville has EVER had. It makes me shed a tear every time i watch it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"