Supergirl SEASON 6 EPISODE 11: “Myx In The Middle" (SPOILERS)

Brierrose

Civilian
Reaction score
Official synopsis:

THOMAS LENNON RETURNS AS MR. MXYZPTLK – Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) and team must stop Nyxly (Peta Sergeant) from vanquishing a familiar face from Supergirl’s past – Mr. Mxyzptlk (guest star Thomas Lennon). Mxy returns and explains Nyxly’s dark history to the super team in the best way he knows how – in song form. Meanwhile, Lena (Katie McGrath) visits her mother’s birthplace in Ireland, eager to dig into her past but is shocked by the small town’s icy reception towards her. The episode was directed by Glen Winter with story by Rob Wright and teleplay by Elle Lipson & Chandler Smidt (#611). Original airdate 9/14/2021.

It seems that Thomas Lennon will be singing, dare I hope that Melissa does too.

And now there’s a sneak peak which looks to be directly following the final scene of the last episode.

Last edited:
Another decent episode and I actually liked Lena's storyline here, probably more so than the A plot with the imps. Never thought I'd see Supergirl fighting a giant cat but here we are...

@Primal Slayer is right. This show has become incredibly "kid friendly"

Did they seriously just turn Lena into a witch? I can already see how they'll defeat Nxly with Lena joining the fight with magic.

Did they seriously just turn Lena into a witch? I can already see how they'll defeat Nxly with Lena joining the fight with magic.
Yep, I agree, that’s how it’s going to go down. IMO it’s a thought out move by TPTB, they knew it was the last season when they did this meaning they won’t have to deal with any of the consequences. I put Katie at the bottom of the list of Supergirl cast that would appear on another show, Lena Luthor as a character in the Arrowverse will end with this show. Basically they’re a comic book show embracing the absurd when they know they won’t have to address the choice later and I’m here for it. Katie McGrath fans will love seeing her go Morgana Pendragon.

Kara tried to hope speech her and Nyxly said nope. That rarely happens to Kara. Let me think it didn’t work on pestilence but she wasn’t a big bad. We don’t know if Astra would’ve come around but Alex had to kill her, and she never tried to reason with Non. I’m not sure if Rhea got a full on hope speech. Kara certainly hasn’t tried to reason with Lex. Nyxly might be the best villain the show has ever had. I appreciate that they didn’t drag out the Nia doesn’t want to admit to Kara that she freed Nyxly thing. I would like to thank whoever thought of the giant cat and laser eyes thing, that had me laughing.

Last edited:
LOL, it's like they went, "oh yeah, we haven't done any Lena/Morgana parallels this season! What haven't we done yet? Oh hell, it's the last season, let's just go on and make her a witch." :funny:

And yes, it's painfully obvious where they're going with it considering their magical Big Bad. Still, while I wouldn't go so far as to call this episode "good" - this season's whole mantra seems to be "embrace the goofiness!" - I actually really enjoyed it. I'm a sucker for all this 5th dimensional nonsense, Nyxly is a simultaneously fun AND menacing villain, and Lena's plot was nice and different as well. One thing I will credit this show with compared to certain other Arrowverse shows is that the main villains really aren't too repetitive and just a whole bunch of evil variations of our protagonist like we regularly got with Flash (evil speedsters)! and Arrow (evil archers!). Astra/Non, Cadmus, Rhea, Reign, Agent Liberty, Manchester Black, Lex, Nyxly...they've all been their own types of villains and brought very different vibes to the show each time, imo. And right now Nyxly's ranking up there with Reign and Lex as the show's best for me.

Best part of the episode was SG using her heatvision as a laser pointer for that giant cat though. :hehe:

For once, Kara's speechifying didn't work out the way she wanted. That was funny to see at least.

Also funny is Brainy doing his best Captain America impression when he was doing parkour over those cars just like Cap in Avengers.

I thought it was going to be a Flash- type ending with Kara talking Nyxly down and turning her around with a speech about love. So I'm glad that Nyxly didn't go for that at all but reinforced her efforts.

I understand they had multiple giant CG creatures this episode, but was the budget THAT impacted that Katie McGrath had to borrow Rachel Skarsten's Beth wig for the flashbacks?

Definitely enjoyed this episode more than the Phantom Zone episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"