Supergirl SEASON 6 EPISODE 13: “The Gauntlet" (SPOILERS)

Brierrose

Civilian
Reaction score
Official Synopsis:
SUPERGIRL MUST PASS THE TEST OF COURAGE – Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) and team race Nyxly (Peta Sergeant) for control of a magical totem that controls courage. Supergirl and Nyxly battle and each get a piece of the totem but learn the first person to pass the test of courage will gain control of the entire thing. Meanwhile, Lena (Katie McGrath) is still struggling to make sense of her newfound gift. The episode was directed by Tawnia McKiernan with story by Dana Horgan and teleplay by Jay Faerber & Brooke Pohl (#613). Original airdate 9/28/2021.

Promo

J'onn was hilarious in this one :funny:

One of the better episodes of the season and it's nice to see the story and more importanly, Kara's moving forward. It's such a small thing too but William has been a lot better in this season now that they kind of have an idea of what they want to do with the character.

Ok yeah this was a nice bounce back from last week's clunker. Probably my favorite episode of the season so far. Nyxly remained the highlight for me, but everything here was working well, imo - those affected by the totem were entertaining (especially J'onn), Kara was back to being front and center of her own show again, revisiting the pilot was a pleasant surprise and framing that night as a moment she lacked courage is an intriguing twist, Kara and Lena are starting to feel like actual friends again for the first time since S4, William's storyline actually held my attention, and hell, I even found that new witch character amusing.

I'm starting to get some major Harry Potter vibes from this season (not just the magic, but now the hunt for the horcrux- I mean, totems - and Kara/Nyxly's painful psychic connection), and I honestly don't mind it one bit. :funny:

It's such a small thing too but William has been a lot better in this season now that they kind of have an idea of what they want to do with the character.
Amazing how a character can be more interesting and enjoyable when you don't immediately shoehorn them into an unconvincing romance from the moment they appear. A shame they didn't learn this back in the Mon-El days. :o

Yeah, J'onn was the best thing about this episode, in my opinion. I'm still not overly invested in this season's overarching plot, but J'onn was great.

While it was still a pretty bad episode, by Supergirl standards nowadays it wasn't a that bad of an episode.

The flashbacks were the best part, the writing there was more serious than it was for a normal episode.

Not really sure how a Kryptonian hologram recording of a Krypto witch still acts as if she is alive and can sense magic from people but....there it is.

I really hate Alex's gauntlet, it literally does anything the episode needs.

I did laugh at Alex/Kellys conversation because....Alex is all "Thanks for coming, I didnt want to pull you away from your important work of helping the aliens find housing" .....um Alex...girl....there was a city destroying mega storm that was about to hit! There would be no housing or anyone to help if you all didn't stop it. Kelly was in the right place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"