Supergirl SEASON 6 EPISODE 18: “TRUTH OR CONSEQUENCES” (SPOILERS)

Brierrose

Civilian
Reaction score
Official Synopsis :
THREE EPISODES LEFT UNTIL THE SERIES FINALE – Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) is determined to keep everyone safe from Lex (guest star Jon Cryer) and Nyxly (Peta Sergeant) so she doubles down on patrol, especially as Alex (Chyler Leigh) and Kelly’s (Azie Tesfai) bachelorette party is coming up. Alex is torn between duty and finally allowing herself the time to enjoy her new family. Brainy (Jesse Rath) receives heartbreaking news, and William (Staz Nair) clashes with Andrea (Julie Gonzalo) over her recent coverage of Lex. The episode was directed by David McWhirter with story by Karen E. Maser and teleplay by Emilio Ortega Aldrich & Elle Lipson (#618). Original airdate 11/2/2021.

Promo:

Man this episode and Stargirl’s finale made my night. That last half was really emotional and god I hate Lex but he’s so well written and acted. Well folks next Tuesday get ready to hopefully cheer and cry because we’re at the finish line. I have a good feeling about it though.

One of my biggest pet peeves is when they contrive conflicts between our characters by making them act blatantly OOC. That's what they did with Alex and Kara tonight, imo, so I can't say I was a huge fan. Especially as they were clearly doing it to further set up Kara revealing herself to the public as Supergirl in finale. That's starting to feel a little too telegraphed now, imo. The ending caught me off guard, though. Just when I was worried Lex had lost all his menace, he goes and does that. I really do hope Jon eventually makes the leap to Superman & Lois.

Starting to feel a little sad to be at the end now, ngl.

Alex has been a parent for all of 5mins and acts like she's been doing it for a decade. I saw it brought up somewhere that a few episodes ago the show was all "aliens aren't treated fairly, discriminated against" and tonight Alex was all "this isn't 2000 Kara. Aliens are treated with the same rights as everyone"

One thing this show has always succeeded at over the other Arrowverse shows is showing the gang living their lives and hanging out off the clock so the party was fun.

Lex waiving around guns and killing people seems weird but go figure the show ups the ante right before the finale.

I have to laugh that between J'onn having a "psychic channel" or whatever going on throughout the city to listen to anything dangerous happening and Kara w/super hearing, neither of them bothered to keep an ear open to Superfriends HQ.

I don’t think Alex’s reaction to Kara’s suggestion was totally OOC. In my experience as a child free person it’s a minefield talking about raising children with parents especially those I’m close to. The initial knee jerk reaction can in fact be a hard, my kid my way say out of it. I generally avoid it unless specifically asked or there’s a safety issue. An example is my cousin is a snowboarder and gave dangerous advice to his kid who was on skis. I’m a skier and jumped in to correct it.

I do think it would’ve been better if after Kara apologized that Alex had acknowledged that Kara had some valid points. Instead of Alex saying times are different than when Kara was growing up it would’ve been better to point out that Esme and Kara’s situations aren’t/weren’t the same. Kara was quite a bit older and was never in an bad foster home. Unfortunately for probably logistical reasons the former was more expedient because it shut the conversation down.

Last edited:
One of my biggest pet peeves is when they contrive conflicts between our characters by making them act blatantly OOC. That's what they did with Alex and Kara tonight, imo, so I can't say I was a huge fan. Especially as they were clearly doing it to further set up Kara revealing herself to the public as Supergirl in finale. That's starting to feel a little too telegraphed now, imo. The ending caught me off guard, though. Just when I was worried Lex had lost all his menace, he goes and does that. I really do hope Jon eventually makes the leap to Superman & Lois.

Starting to feel a little sad to be at the end now, ngl.

Yeah, they have sort of gone from using a somewhat light touch to a sledgehammer here. Although, imo, Alex didn't seem too OOC. That is exactly how I see Alex react to unwanted parenting advice.

I think what got me when I watched it was the realization that Brainy has to go home. That had never really been entering my head for a lot of reasons. But realizing that no, the eventual end point of his story in this time is here, sort of solidified that the show is ending.

So do people think William is gone for good or will someone bring him back?

Shouldn't he have had some SOS signal so that he could call one of the super friends when in trouble and they could come to rescue him? This would never happen to Lois.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"