Supergirl SEASON 6 EPISODE 15: “Hope For Tomorrow” (SPOILERS)

Brierrose

Civilian
Reaction score
Official Synopsis:
NYXLY KIDNAPS WILLIAM – Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) continues to fight Nyxly (Peta Sergeant) for the remaining totems but after Nyxly kidnaps William (Staz Nair), Supergirl realizes she needs to take a more proactive stance to keep National City safe. Meanwhile, Alex (Chyler Leigh) faces the biggest challenge of her life. The episode was directed by Tawnia McKiernan with story by Robert Rovner and teleplay by Emilio Ortega Aldrich & Nicki Holcomb (#615). Original airdate 10/12/2021.

Promo:

I'm getting Infinity Stone vibes from the totems. I can't believe there's only 5 episodes left though.

Anyway, it was an okay episode. Esme is adorable but they really overdid the whole "I'm so worried" thing with Alex as her new "mom" and having Esme try to mimic Supergirl was a little silly.

Looks like the return of Lex next week! I thought they were overdoing it with him earlier this season but after he's been away for a while I think he can bring a breath of fresh air here.

Looking forward to these final episodes.

It's kind of annoying me how dense they're making Kara in regards to these gauntlets - surely after being Supergirl for so many years, she should immediately know there's more to showing courage and inspiring hope than just making extra saves/rescues. That's twice she's gone that route now to attempt to pass her gauntlet and it's dumb. Still intrigued to find out why the night of her first save was the night she lacked courage. Guess that's gonna be a reveal toward the end. Wish we could've seen Lena's reaction to Esme figuring out Kara's identity within 5 seconds of meeting her. :hehe:

Otherwise, another one I enjoyed. Alex definitely needs to dial it down a bit with Esme. People got up in arms over news of the impending Lex/Nyxly "romance" but I think they're using that term loosely as it basically looks like it's gonna be a playful partnership, and I'm here for that, tbh.

It's kind of annoying me how dense they're making Kara in regards to these gauntlets - surely after being Supergirl for so many years, she should immediately know there's more to showing courage and inspiring hope than just making extra saves/rescues. That's twice she's gone that route now to attempt to pass her gauntlet and it's dumb. Still intrigued to find out why the night of her first save was the night she lacked courage. Guess that's gonna be a reveal toward the end. Wish we could've seen Lena's reaction to Esme figuring out Kara's identity within 5 seconds of meeting her. :hehe:

Otherwise, another one I enjoyed. Alex definitely needs to dial it down a bit with Esme. People got up in arms over news of the impending Lex/Nyxly "romance" but I think they're using that term loosely as it basically looks like it's gonna be a playful partnership, and I'm here for that, tbh.

I think Kara failed the courage gauntlet because she still hid herself. Yeah, she saved Alex, but she was still afraid of showing herself. But then again, I feel the writers totally botched the hope gauntlet. Since when is unilaterally disarming a nation a hopeful move? Feels like a move when you have no hope for success.

Still loved the family dynamic with Alex/Kelly/Esme/Kara.

According to this article, this episode was essentially a revamped version of Superman IV the quest for peace but done better.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenrant.com/supergirl-superman-iv-story-fix-mistakes/amp/

I wouldn't have minded if there had been a season where they introduced Selina, the witch from the Supergirl movie as played by Faye Dunaway. They could've revamped her too and made her a huge threat like Nyxly.
She was the main witch in that group who made Reign/The Worldkillers in S3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"