The Flash Season 9x02 “Hear No Evil”

Pennywise

Avenger
Reaction score
Hear No Evil" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, V) (HDTV)

NEW KID IN TOWN - Barry (Grant Gustin) feels guilty for what happened to Caitlin and Mark (Jon Cor) comes up with a plan which makes everyone skeptical. Meanwhile, Red Death looms in Central City and commands that failure is not an option. Joe (Jesse L. Martin) asks Cecile (Danielle Nicolet) to make a choice which leads Cecile to think about the greater good. Allegra (Kayla Compton) and Chester (Brandon McKnight) take a step in a new direction. Lastly, old friends pay an unexpected visit to S.T.A.R. Labs. Eric Wallace directed the episode written by Jonathan Butler & Kristen Kim (#902). Original airdate 2/15/2023.

30E23C05-E457-435A-A05F-1BD9A9D63D7F.jpeg 6233D2D4-B246-4008-9C0C-B8ACA7E44840.jpeg 67717C60-87F0-4F0F-B5E5-FD4DB4CEA1A6.jpeg

Im not sure why they have made everything to do with Caitlin so complicated yet so boring. Im surprised they havent thought of a Lazarus Pit.

So we've had the Scientist, the killer sarcastic, and I guess now we are on the hippie? Hippie Snow?

Why is Allegra/Chester so complicated? They arent anything special enough to warrant all this romantic drama.

Of all the characters this show has promoted to series regulars, im still not sure why Hartley never came to mind. He's one of the more interesting characters and a better anti-hero than what they made of Frost.

If Hartley is able to literally tell Barry what he needs and its 2 steps away...why exactly would he need Caitlin and couldnt just do it himself?

How many shadowy Speedvillains do we need that do the same.exact.thing? Literally. They all get these villains to do their work. Villain fails. They threaten said villain. Villain fails. They kill said villain.

How many sonic screamers does 1 Earth need? It's the most popular power. So many have had it.

Last edited:
Thought this episode worked well as a sort of two parter to the premiere. Danielle played that innocent Caitlin pretty well and I enjoyed the scene between her and Hartley.

Next week looks like it'll be a lot of fun

I really hope this season picks up quick because 2 episodes in a row I just found myself not caring much for most of the plots.

We’re two episodes in and I’m sorry to say these storyline are underwhelming and feel very filler. We are actually re-doing another story of Caitlin (Frost) for the third freaking time. Don’t even get me started on the pointless drama with Chester and Allegra relationship.

Lame ass villain of the week with Fiddler, I don’t give a rats ass about The piper return either.

I thought this episode was pretty good and kept me interested throughout and this episode gets major points for that fun ending/credits. It reminded me of Supergirls final season were we would see the Super Friends just hangout and be people. I know in Supergirl we got that throughout the series and with the Flash a little bit here and there but it was just nice seeing them relax and have fun. Seeing Hartley again was cool even though the Fiddler was a lame villain. This storyline has been done before so they haven’t broken new ground but it is what it is. Overall a good episode imo but mainly because of the ending.

Snow reminds me of Danielle’s empathetic nature-power character in Sky High.

Barry dances like Venomized Peter Parker.

Someone in the wardrobe department is a Power Girl fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"