Iron Fist Season Two, Episode 9 "War Without End"

Mike Murdock

Avenger
Reaction score
Episode Nine

Use Spoiler Tags for any discussion beyond this episode

d1d1f21c92035b1735aa_8.jpg

Facing a life-changing decision, Danny and Colleen debate their next move. Meanwhile, Davos's contempt for mercy grows stronger.

Gotta say, Joy's got a lot more spunk this season. She's made several choices that have surprised me. I was actually bummed when I thought she was dead for a minute there, which I'm surprised to say as I didn't care for her last season.

When Davos tossed Joy off the side, I figured that was expected. It's inevitable for the character that has done bad things but tries to redeem themselves. They go out a hero before they do something screwed up again. So it was a surprise to see her still alive. On the other hand, poor Bibi. He didn't deserve that.

The one thing in the Davos fight that I thought they missed an opportunity with was how it was won. Apparently, the way to beat an Iron Fist is sedatives, which makes them somewhat repetitive fights. On the other hand, I noticed they had a shot where the sun was shining through the window onto Danny. I thought they would have him use the same trick he used to defeat Davos originally.

I liked that they managed to do the ceremony with modern technology to make it hygenic. I was surprised they gave her an arm tattoo. That means she would have to have the tattoo next season regardless of whether she has the fist or not. I'm not entirely sure what's going to happen with everyone besides Danny seemingly having fists. I'm also not sure what they're going to do with Mary with one episode to go.

Good Easter Eggs (Pirate Queen of Pinghai Bay). Glad to see Turk. Hope this season wraps strong (although, cards on the table, I am hoping it doesn't end with Colleen having the iron fist).

Four and a Half Stars.

Last edited:
When Davos tossed Joy off the side, I figured that was expected. It's inevitable for the character that has done bad things but tries to redeem themselves. They go out a hero before they do something screwed up again. So it was a surprise to see her still alive. On the other hand, poor Bibi. He didn't deserve that.

The one thing in the Davos fight that I thought they missed an opportunity with was how it was won. Apparently, the way to beat an Iron Fist is sedatives, which makes them somewhat repetitive fights. On the other hand, I noticed they had a shot where the sun was shining through the window onto Danny. I thought they would have him use the same trick he used to defeat Davos originally.

I liked that they managed to do the ceremony with modern technology to make it hygenic. I was surprised they gave her an arm tattoo. That means she would have to have the tattoo next season regardless of whether she has the fist or not. I'm not entirely sure what's going to happen with everyone besides Danny seemingly having fists. I'm also not sure what they're going to do with Mary with one episode to go.

Good Easter Eggs (Pirate Queen of Pinghai Bay). Glad to see Turk. Hope this season wraps strong (although, cards on the table, I am hoping it doesn't end with Colleen having the iron fist).

Four and a Half Stars.

As soon as Bibi went outside I knew he was done, was honestly expecting Coleen to lose it and kill one of the kids.

Yeah I spotted that little glare of sun thought the same thing.

Yeah a couple episode ago I would have said Danny & Coleen have the best and what feels like most real relationship of any of the Netflix characters but these last couple have really put some holes in that. I have really enjoyed this season but one problem I would say is it feels like they are trying to create conflict between those two when I don't think it would really be there.

It was strange how seeing Turk brought me such joy lol never been so happy to see a low level criminal, I see his turning over a new leaf didn't last too long.

Yeah I don't like the idea of Coleen ending up with the fist either, especially since it was really only mentioned like an episode or two ago max it just feels forced and the whole point of the season has been Danny regaining it.

Star of the episode goes to Alice Eve again for me, damn this lady steals scenes for fun, have really enjoyed this season but she's what im most interested to see in the final episode, is there another alter? That scene between Walker and Mary as she made the realisation that it wasn't either of her personalities that escaped was gripping.

“Damn it. I thought it was Davos.”

That line has me rolling.

Always good to see Turk.

Really thought Joy was a goner after that opening.

Knew B.B. was a goner as soon as he stepped outside. Especially with Crank leading the charge.

Was expecting the fight between Davos and Hatchet dude to go longer.

The look on Davos’ face when Colleen’s fist lit up was great.

I really enjoyed the fight sequences in this episode. Much better than anything last season. Turk!

Count me as one who isn't a fan of Colleen getting the fist, hopefully it is somewhat/somehow short lived. For a show called "Iron Fist" there hasn't been a whole lot of that this season...my only real complaint.

This last episode has a lot of loose ends to wrap up...We'll see if they close end it on a high note.

Wu Ao-Shi is my favorite Iron Fist of the past, so glad she got a mention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"