• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

World Second best fight in a sm movie?

Interesting question.

I voted for the Peter vs. Harry fight from the beginning of SM3 for a main reason: it is the only fight scene in either series that captures the visceral joy of an "aerial" battle from the comics. So much of Spidey comics is about not just swinging, but doing an aerial ballet (with fists!) through the canyons of Manhattan, and this remains the one sequence to really capture that.

Obviously the train fight is better, but Ock never had that Goblin ability to meet Spidey in the skies. And strangely that verticality has not been used more often even though we've seen three Gobins in five Spidey movies. The technology wasn't there in SM1 (though it does have the most brutal fight in the series that also makes it stand out). And in TASM2 the Goblin was such an after thought that when he shows up solely because they need to kill Gwen Stacy off now, because comics, it is rushed and anti-climactic since we already saw Spidey vs. Electro, plus Raimi already did the Goblin better twice.

But yes, otherwise the bank/building fight is pretty amazing. In fact all of the fight scenes in SM2 and SM3 are impressive, even if the third has major problems. The final fight in SM1 is also great.

Raimi really has a handle on how to make it visually exciting. The only Webb one that I liked was Spidey fighting Lizard in the school.

The fight with the Lizard at the school was great, that's a contender for 2nd place, though there is way more Raimi action scenes to choose from. I had high hopes for the fight scenes in 2 after Webb learned the ropes, but they were pretty disappointing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"