Senator Obama for president what's your opinion?

Spider-Bite

Superhero
Reaction score
You know i said before that I believed Obama would lose in 2008 if he ran. That he should wait untill 2012, because nominated losers don't usually get a second chance. I felt like him running in 2008 would be wasting his future opportunity for a highly probably victory he could have in 2012.

When watching hardball the other day they were talking about popularity and approval. 49% of America approves of Hillary Clinton and 50% don't. Only 1% has no opinion of her.Winning would be a very uphill battle for her.

Right after saying that they said that Obama's approval ratings by America are much higher than Hillary's, but they didnt' say the exact number. They did say that 40% of America has no opinion of him though. However if over half the country already views him favorably, than that's all he needs to win.

He resecently launched a presidential exploratory comittee, which basically means he's running for president even though he hasn't officially announced it yet. So basically Obama is runninf or presdient. And many analysts believe that outside of Al Gore deciding to run, Obama might be the only person who can beat Hillary for the nomination, and if having won it, his chances for the general election are actually better than Hillary's.

Before I wanted him to wait untill 2012 to run. i was pretty sure that republicans were going to win the presidenc in 2008, but now? I'm starting to feel excited about Obama, and feeling a strong sense of hope. I think he might have my vote in the primaries.

Although I'm still inclined to think that the best option would be a Hillary/Obama ticket. i think it would be strong, and it would secure Obama for a run after two Hillary terms. Remember Hillary is a fundraising juggernaut, and it does help in politics.

But Obama is also good at raising money. Very good. Almost as good as Hillary, and he could explode soon, in a good way:yay:

Any thoughts?

I have great hope for him and i also see is no better guy or gal

Too soon!

Wait for 2012. Maybe America will be ready for a black president. MAYBE.

Sadly, Hilary owns the Democratic nomination, you'd need an Al gore like figure to beat her.

I don't think Hillary quite has it in the bag. Obama would rule.

Too much like Osama. :o :down

Babs Gordon said:
I don't think Hillary quite has it in the bag. Obama would rule.

Nah, its pretty much a done deal barring a scandal of some sort.

Obama's time is too soon, Hillary has been on the road to the white house for quite some time. Although she may not be the best choice, for obama to step in now and put forth a collosal effort only to lose, he'd would waste valuable resources/momentum that is very much needed. When you're trying to become the 1st black president, you need alot more than 2 years of serious campaigning in order to make a decent run.

samurai black said:
Obama's time is too soon, Hillary has been on the road to the white house for quite some time. Although she may not be the best choice, for obama to step in now and put forth a collosal effort only to lose, he'd would waste valuable resources/momentum that is very much needed. When you're trying to become the 1st black president, you need alot more than 2 years of serious campaigning in order to make a decent run.

good points all.

If given a choice between Gore or Obama, I would say Gore because I know him better. I am working my way through Obama's first book, Dreams From My Father, and while it started out interesting, it's just getting depressing. It seems like Obama is very concerned with the poorest of folks and I do admire that, I just want to know him better before I decide to vote for him.

Sorry I don't go with the latest "fad" in Presidential nominations. Plus he's a pro-choice democrat.

No vote from me.:)

I'd vote for him, but I can't nominate him because I'm registered Independent.

Why would anyone vote for him?

Is because he's well spoken?

Pro-choice? Likes poor people? it just gets better and better!
If Obama ran Hillary probably wouldn't, he's hot right now and I'm not sure the other dems want to get in the way of this train if it leaves the station

Man-Thing said:
Why would anyone vote for him?

Is because he's well spoken?
What exactly do you mean by that my dear thing?

Man-Thing said:
I don't trust him at all.

why not? the guy's never done anything wrong in his entire life. he's just got this aurora of goody two shoes of innocence glowing off of him.

Plus he's only been in for two years now. Not as much time for the lobbyists and everybody to corrupt him.

Plus he's so good at raising money he's one of the few politicians who can actually afford to say no to corruption tactics. He doesn't need their money.

I'm not a particularly huge fan of Obama, and he'll never win the presidency in 2008. He may be popular, but he's not so popular that he can overcome being black.

That said...
1. I can't nominate any Democrats anyway.
2. Even if I could, my state (Rhode Island) rarely makes a huge difference.

Man-Thing said:
Sorry I don't go with the latest "fad" in Presidential nominations. Plus he's a pro-choice democrat.

No vote from me.:)
So the only policy that matters is wether or not he is blindly against abortion or for the rights of women to choose what they do with their own bodies? That is the only thing that matters in this world? Not the fact that approximately 46 million Americans, or 15.7 percent of the population, are without health insurance? Not the fact that the gap between the rich and the poor is widening while the middle class is fading? That the executive branch has positioned itself above the other two branches of government? That the government has become a religious theocracy rather than a secular democracy? But no, the only thing that matters is his stance on abortion.:whatever:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"