SHH! NFL Pick 'Em 2010

The commissioner's award for coolness goes to....El_Citrus! The weekly damns all year always gave me a laugh :funny:

I present the best cool prize..a pair of Silhouette TMA 8658. David Caruso glasses, if you will.

silhouette85681093.jpg

I am nearly at a loss for words. I say nearly because, hey, I wouldn't be winning an award for coolness if I could be rendered speechless. What else could a man ask for than a pair of Silhouette TMA 8658's? I shall proudly add it to my collection of pastel shirts with white suits, Members Only Jackets, Ugg Boots, and Hipster Skinny Jeans.

To win the Comissioner's Award for Coolness is an honor that I hold just as highly as actually winning the entire competition. Hell, Paul the Octopus would've made kalamari out of just about everyone in the league this year. I know that some will say that I am merely the Commissioner's Jester, to dance and damn as he sees fit, and to those I would say "**** YOU ************* ********** SONS OF *********** *********** ******* and have a nice day." I take my Damns seriously, and everyone and everything that I Damned, including myself, deserved their Damn fate of being shamed by my Damning.

Now, with that said, I could not accept those Silhouette TMA 8658's if I did not finish with my Week 17 Damns. And on that note:

Damn Joe Webb for looking like a rookie out there against the Lions of all people...Wait, Webb actually IS a rookie and the Lions had won three straight coming into the game? Umm...Damnit Favre, you couldn't stop sending text messages long enough to give Webb some pointers out there?

Damn Kansas City for allowing Matt Cassel to get sacked more times than Brett Favre's cell phone.

Damn Tampa Bay for thinking they actually had something to play for with their outside shot at the playoffs. The last time you were relevant, your star players had yet to hit puberty.

Damn Philly. First, you get your game moved because of a "Blizzard" and still lose to the Vikings, and then you have to go and rest your star players against a division rival because you're "In the playoffs already". You could have put your stsrters out there for one play against Dallas to take the lead in win. That's all it takes against their defense these days. To top it off, it you'd actually manned up and won this game despite your whole "Looking at the big picture" motto, you would have broken the three way tie I'm in and put me in the top 10! :cmad: ...**** you, Vick.

Damn San Fr....Damn Ari.......**** it. Actually, damn both of you for being two ****** teams and forcing me to behead a chicken and see which team's logo its dismembered body ran, fell, and bled onto first to make my choice. Damn that beheaded chicken, too.

And with that, it seems...Nah, I'm too cool for a Horatio joke. :word:

On behalf of myself, deputy J and our mysterious board of directors..I'd like to thank you all for taking part in the 2010 NFL pick 'em. Well, at least the 23 of you who stuck with it. :word:

This was year 4, and it was another successful one that included good performances by many, and a lot of fine money collected to support my Mister J's Chick-fil-A dependency.

Now we begin the long boring off season process of doing a lot of boring crap. This includes offering our thoughts and views to The Hammer on how to avoid a lockout. Because it would hurt the pick 'em league, and that's the important thing. Plus, I'll have to search for a new secretary...the board declared Debralee is too hot. :csad:

There have also been reports by Chris Mortensen that this is likely my last season as Pick 'em commissioner..and that I'm taking a more active role in Goodell's office. Well just let me say that Mort and his sources are full of it. I am the Pick 'em commissioner, I will be the Pick 'em commissioner..I have no interest in talking to anyone else. I'm very pleased to be in charge of this damn strong league.

I know J is more than able to handle the duties should the need arise, but for now he won't have to.

In conclusion, I once again thank you for your patronage. We'll do it again next time. :woot:

~ Commissioner 'fire

There's also no truth to the rumor that next year's contest will require an entry fee. No-sir-ree.

That money is more of a good faith deposit and it will in no way be embezzled to sate the aforementioned Chick-Fil-A dependency. Not at all. Seriously.

Since the good news came in today, when do we expect SHH! NFL Pick 'Em 2011 to start?

word...Are you ready for someeeee footballlllllllll???

The good Commissioner is on vacation and may only make sporadic appearances (if any) in the interim. However, as Deputy Commissioner of this outfit, I am wholly of the mind that the Pick' Em goodness will commence...(wait for it)... before the season.

A new thread will be made (likely in purple font if I do it), PMs will be sent as reminders (to those of you we like) and people can begin lining up to receive their thrashings (which I will be handily delivering).

Be on the lookout next month, Sports Fans!

The good Commissioner is on vacation and may only make sporadic appearances (if any) in the interim. However, as Deputy Commissioner of this outfit, I am wholly of the mind that the Pick' Em goodness will commence...(wait for it)... before the season.

A new thread will be made (likely in purple font if I do it), PMs will be sent as reminders (to those of you we like) and people can begin lining up to receive their thrashings (which I will be handily delivering).

Be on the lookout next month, Sports Fans!

:waa:

I have two straight top 5's in the Pick 'Em! I hope to keep that streak alive.

Count me in again.

I will begin the 2011 season in August. Stay tuned.

If the prize is a Dennis Green trophy again I would like to participate.

Someone wants to get this jumpstarted? We are in August :)

1st preseason game is this weekend

It'll start when I'm good and ready.

We don't pick pre-season games anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"