Hype Survivor SHH Survivor 30: Big Brother (Week 6) - A Redneck's Point of View

JewishHobbit

Avenger
Reaction score
Big-Brother-Special-SF.jpg

You know when you're young and you feel invincible? Immortal really? Well, there comes a time in every person's life when they come to realize that they've been a fool. I wonder, has Immortal! come to that realization after being unanimously beaten black and blue and stabbed by Ceaser's men until dead? Perhaps the remaining houseguests will continue hearing Immortal's heart beating beneath the floorboards or in the walls. Fairwell Immortal! Until you enact your revenge (vote).

Rules:

The Game

Hype! Survivor is a game of strategy, deception, and skill. Alliances are both permitted and encouraged. Make no allies or make many allies, it's all up to you. There are many different ways to win this game. Masterminding, forethought, and hard work are the keys to success. Laziness and ineffective play will both be exposed and punished. Although being lazy may be a strategy, not participating at all is not. If the players and hosts feel at any time that a certain player is no longer participating, they can be removed from the game without warning.

As a side note: alliances can be with any of the players. It doesn't matter who they are nor what tribe they're on, just make sure it's someone you trust...or not. Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer!

Challenges

Each installment of SHH Survivor will receive challenges marked by "Weeks". Instructions for challenges will be explained for each challenge. Some challenges may require judging, some may be trivia, some may be skill. Expect a variety for your playing pleasure. The tribe (or person) who does the best, wins immunity and is therefore safe from elimination that round.

Challenge weeks will consist of two portions: Head of Household (HoH) and Power of Veto (PoV).

There will be no permanent tribes like in normal Survivor games.

Head of Household (HoH)

Each week will begin with a Head of Household challenge. This is a challenge for all the players to determine who will become that week's Head of Household. These challenges may vary from individual challenges or team challenges. In the case of a team Head of Household challenge, new teams will be established prior to the challenge. If a team wins a Head of Household challenge, they will choose amongst themselves who will be the next Head of Household. If a decision cannot be unanimously made then a method of the hosts' choosing will be utilized to determine who wins the honor. An HoH winner cannot participate in the following HoH challenge save for when it reaches the final 3.

The Head of Household is safe from eviction for that week and gets to select 2 nominees for eviction. The Head of Household, however, only votes during the Eviction Ceremony in the event of a tie.

Power of Veto (PoV)

Once two nominations are chosen for Eviction, the Power of Veto portion of the week begins. The Head of Household and the 2 nominees each choose 1 player to participate in the Power of Veto challenge. ONLY THE HOH, THE 2 NOMINEES, AND THE 3 SELECTED PLAYERS PARTICIPATE IN THIS CHALLENGE!

The winner of this challenge wins the Powder of Veto. The Veto Ceremony will be held later in the week in which the owner of the Power of Veto has the option to remove one of the two nominees from the block. They can also choose to not use the Veto power at all. If the Veto winner does remove one of the 2 nominees, it falls to the Head of Household to put up a new nominee in their place. They cannot nominate the Power of Veto winner or the nominee that was rescued from the block.

Eviction

During each Week of Survivor, players will be eliminated during the Eviction Ceremony. All players save the Head of Household and the two Nominees must vote off one of the two nominees via PM titled “Eviction.” Player with the majority of votes is eliminated. In the case of a tie at Eviction, the Head of Household determines which player is eliminated.

In order to have your votes counted, please send them to both JewishHobbit and Spider-Fan. Please do NOT send your votes in to any other name. You will only have one chance to vote. There will be no changing your vote once your vote is cast. Vote carefully!

If a person does not vote 3 times within the game they will be eliminated from the game, no matter how active they may be. We are lenient hosts, however, so if there is a pressing reason as to why you can’t vote, let us know and we may wave the penalty. Don’t hold your breath, but it’s possible.

Rewards

In addition to Head of Household and Power of Veto, challenges will offer individual rewards on occasion. In the case of a team Head of Household challenge, each player on that team will receive a reward. These can range in ability, but Head of Household will ALWAYS count as 1 reward in this case, so a player may not be awarded Head of Household AND win a reward in a team Head of Household challenge. Which player gets what reward is to be determined by the team, and if they are unable to come to an agreement in a 24 hour period, then rewards will be awarded at random. Each member of that team must also confirm which player gets what by sending a list of which team member gets which reward. We can't take the word of 1 player over another.

Jury

The final Jury will be composed of seven people (everyone voted off from the remaining nine players who didn't make the finals). The Jury will then vote FOR WHO THEY THINK SHOULD WIN of the final two remaining players so we can crown the winner of the Hype! Survivor.

Cheating

A note on cheating: It's very easy to cheat in this game. Very, very easy. Some of the rounds will be much more difficult to cheat at than others (some will be downright impossible to cheat on). Regardless, hosts have ways of catching you and sometimes will even set up traps for you. If you feel you have to cheat, by all means, go ahead. But, if you're caught, you WILL be penalized. Again, specific rules of what's legal or not will be in each challenge PM.

One thing that is certainly NOT lawful under any circumstances is sharing screen names. Hosts have the ability to check IPs, and if you are caught sharing screen names then a severe penalty will be handed out. Please be mindful of only using your OWN screen name for this game.

Moderators/Administrators

It is the belief of various players that a moderator or an administrator should not be allowed to participate in a Survivor because they have an advantage over all other players. I don't share this belief, but I do believe these powers need regulated. So I warn ALL players in advance, if a mod player abuses their power for Survivor gain at the expense of another player, they will be punished and the punishment will be final.

Example scenario:

Moderator A sees Player X pming Player Y in his profile page and proceeds to tell all his allies that they were in correspondence. Now, I know mods can't shut off the ability to see things like this, but using this knowledge in such a way that compromises another player's strategy, such as telling everyone else about what he saw on the profile page as opposed to keeping it to themselves, is in violation of the rules and could result in the offending player being removed from the game outright. We are lenient hosts, but if you cheat in this way, expect a harsh punishment. No vote or challenge involved.

This may seem unfair to the moderator or administrator players, but the fact is you have a distinct advantage over the other players. This is to level the playing field a bit.

Misc.

Whilst these rules are set as the guidelines for this game, each challenge will set the rules for that specific day. What may be cheating one day may not be another day. Reading is fundamental. Make sure you familiarize yourself with this information and those in the challenges as well. Please note that at times an announcement might be needed to amend the existing rules of this game, or the rules in the challenge. Please look for these and note them. Each 'week' is marked by a new challenge.

Survivor30PlayerGrid6.jpg

And now for the rest of you punks. You've done a great job so far but there's still a lot of ground to cover and evicting to be done before getting too proud. This week I hand the reigns over to Mr. Spider-Fan. Try not to cry.

But before I do that, our lovely Julie Chen had the oppertunity to sit down with our dearly departed, the ghost of The Immortal! Let's see what he had to say.

julie-chen-pregnant.jpg

"Hello Immortal. I'm sorry to meet you under these circumstances, but you’ve been predicting your demise for weeks now. Why is that?"

Immortal's Ghost - Well, honestly, I feel I'm not that great of a player yet in these Survivor/Big Brother games. I'm not well liked on the boards as well.

"Oh I don't know about that. Maybe in the Big Brother house though. Of those left in the game who do you feel have the best chances of making it to final 2 and why?"

Immortal's Ghost - Matt and Iron Fist. And Iron Fist has a vote for eviction coming his way. I trusted you dawg. Matt is a big dog in these games and IF has that group left.

"Was there ever a point where you felt betrayed by another player? Care to give some details?"

Immortal's Ghost - Now that I think about it, I never got any PM's from my so-called group, when I was up for eviction this second time in two weeks. I will say what I was hoping for to happen. After I got me and IF put up for eviction for rushing Squirrel, I sent IF a PM. Saying I was sorry. I think I told him I was picking Matt for PoV. I told him to pick Kal for PoV and win it to save himself. And I told him I would handle it with eviction. Clearly IF took my advice, then bothered not to save me. And I told him I would take a dive for him in PoV, which actually didn't happen, he was just that awesome and fast in the PoV Challenge.

I thought IF, Kal, and Cmill would at least vote for Spector, I didn't expect a shut out vote for me.

"How’s it feel to make Jury?"

Immortal's Ghost - Awesome. My payback will be sweet, at least I hope so.

"Anyone you’re hoping to give your vote to?"

Immortal's Ghost - You mean in terms of helping them win the game? No comment.

"Interesting. Anyone you’re planning to NOT give your vote to?"

Immortal's Ghost - If it goes towards voting somebody out of the game, Iron Fist, Kal, Cmill. Might have been another person in our group, I honestly forget. Wanna say Specter...I only know for sure of IF and Kal...Cmill I pretty sure was in, Alex was in before he got voted out for betrayal.

"So what did you think of this new Big Brother layout for Survivor?"

Immortal's Ghost - Awesome.

"What is your favorite Survivor memory this season?"

Immortal's Ghost - Um...Alex getting voted out, maybe CC getting voted out first.

"Let's be honest now, who’s better, JewishHobbit or Spider-Fan?"

Immortal's Ghost - JewishHobbit.

"If you had to give any advice to those who remain in this game, what would it be? Feel free to personalize advices for individual players."

Immortal's Ghost - Don't trust Iron Fist. Ummmm...I dunno, guess that's it.

Well alright. Thank you for your time Immortal! And be ready to pick our winner here in a few weeks. Every vote counts.

Back to you Jewhob!
Taker 'er away Spider-Fan!

I just hope the challange can live up to the awesome title.

Awesome. Next person to win HoH please put up IF and Kal. Love yoooouuuu :o

Me getting evicted was his most memorable moment?

Let's just say...part 1 begins tonight! The HoH challenge will come when I get home from school. Have a few things to do before I can head home, but once I get back, it will be time :up:

What are the chances of you getting back from school at the same time I have to head into school?

This is a challenge you will get time to work on, don't worry :up:

Plus, you were HoH last round. You can't be it this time.

Me getting evicted was his most memorable moment?

To be fair, I didn't think much about that question. I went with the first two memories of game at time. You and Alex being being voted out. If I had to pick something else, it be that grid intro challenge.

Challenge is out there...have fun all :up:

Is there a way we can get some kind of temp forums in order to talk to each other and throw out ideas more freely without clogging up pm boxes?

I take umbrage at the challenge title. Just because I'm from South Carolina doesn't mean I'm a luddite! I have the Facebooks and, believe me, some of the biggest rednecks on the planet use Facebook. They're on my friends list. :csad:

I don't know anything about the Myspace or facebooks. I'm the world's oldest 29 year old. Technology scares me. :(

I don't know anything about the Myspace or facebooks. I'm the world's oldest 29 year old. Technology scares me. :(

Myspace is a ghost town that is only around still cause Hollywood and Music Industry use it. They should delete all the user pages and make it a site that offers free music downloads and I dunno...it's like the Blockbuster of social networks. Except Blockbuster video should still be around after Myspace bites the dust. Blockbuster should be around just like Netflix, they probably won't have too many stores, but a mail type service and redbox like service should keep them afloat.

Facebook just steals your information and is popular. Kinda like a popular woman with the guys.

Social networking doesn't necessarily mean facebook. It means the growth of societal interaction on the internet.

Is there a way we can get some kind of temp forums in order to talk to each other and throw out ideas more freely without clogging up pm boxes?

I can ask an admin, but I can't make any promises.

We had to do it the old fashioned way back when I started! :cmad:

I'm decent on the computer, but give me a cellphone or I-something... and I have no idea. Those handheld gadgets confuse me. Oh, but ask me how a computer works and what's wrong with it when something's up and it's like speaking Russian. I have no idea.

Byrd Man said:
I take umbrage at the challenge title. Just because I'm from South Carolina doesn't mean I'm a luddite! I have the Facebooks and, believe me, some of the biggest rednecks on the planet use Facebook. They're on my friends list.

If you haven't noticed... the Redneck portion of the title has more to do with the PoV than the HoH :)

And for the record... I live in a high redneck location. Southern Ohio has a good mixture of about every type of person, but my town's got tons of rednecks and they all drive me nuts. The best day of the week is whatever day Nascar is on because then they all disappear for a few hours.

To illustrate what you guys are doing given Matt's comment, you are all in a social network on the net this very minute. Message boards are a social network. Texting is. Cellphones are. Social network sites are. As opposed to, say, going to the bar with friends, we are all playing Survivor on the internet.

This is what I mean on the social networking debate. Is it good that these types of sites are rapidly growing in popularity everyday and becoming more and more common use?

Yeah, I figured the hype was included along with Facebook, Twitter, and all the other things they have out there.

I shall be making the submission for my team.

I hope you guys are coming along :up:

Just a heads up, I'm submitting for my team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"