Should I get into Grendel?

Discussion in 'Misc. Comics' started by Aristotle, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Aristotle Registered

I mean, it sorta looks cool, but I'm not sure about it. Is it worth checking out?

2. JackRembrandt Registered

If you're a rich man, then you should totally get into Grendel. If not, stay the hell away.

3. Aristotle Registered

I'm a man with an internet connection, which is how I get ahold of some of those tough-to-get back issues.

4. JackRembrandt Registered

If you're implying that you're going to download them for free, then what's the big deal? Go ahead and read it. If you hate it it's not like you're out anything.

5. Aristotle Registered

I download back issues that are ridiculously overpriced.

6. JackRembrandt Registered

So, what's the point in asking if it's worth checking out? D/L it and see for yourself.

7. Addendum Registered

Grendel: Black, White, and Red and Grendel: Red, White and Black are very good reads. Both series were collected into trades by Dark Horse and you can still get them from their website. I'm not sure if comic shops still have them.

The first Batman/Grendel crossover is also good. I'm not sure about the second crossover with Grendel-Prime.

Those 3 have the original Grendel, Hunter Rose, in them.

I've never been really interested in the tales of the other Grendels though, so I'm not sure if they're any good or not.

8. JackRembrandt Registered

They're good for what they are, but if I'm going to be reading a Grendel book, I'd much prefer to be reading a Hunter Rose Grendel book.