Comics Simple Spider-Man request

Arcturus

Avenger
Reaction score
I want to get back into Spider-Man (616), but where should I start?

I mean all the thing's i've heard, there's been alot of crap with all this current stuff. What is worth checking out?

Suggestions?

Sensational Spider-man has been really good since Aguirre-sacsa has began writing. From issue 23 and up.

Amazing Spider-man was bad for a time being but its really started to pick up with the whole "War at Home" storyline presently going on.

Tpbs are your friend if your trying to get into the world of Spider-man.

The Other wasn't a great idea but it is a well done story so I believe it's worth checking out, as well as the Coming Home Morlun arc, once again not a great idea but still a good story. Other than that the current war at home arc is okay. Sorry I can't help more but thank god for Ultimate spidey.

the thing is bro, is that this is a really difficult time to start getting into spider-man, the last year or two has been convoluted with all sorts of complicated B/S stories. My recommendation for you is to wait till february Amazing Spider-Man 539 where spidey gets the black suit back and the war will be over (hopefully).

It's really hard to say. One side of me wants to say, "Just jump in!" but I don't want you to get turned off, as you may get. So get any issue of the current "Sensational Spider-man" and you can try to get "Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man," but get any issue after issue 4 of it. I also would say, if you can, get "Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #1," but NOT 2, 3, and 4. Hope that helps.

Stupid me, I should've asked you a few questions.
1. When did you stop reading?
2. Why?

i would start with the War at Home storyline...everything else in Amazing, theres too much going on. Sensational is a good read as well....and if you like mysterio, then Friendly neighborhood spidery's recent issues are good

I would just wait for JMS to take a hike which is happening soon. ( Drops to knees and thanks God) and get on board when jeph loeb takes over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"