SHould the next Superman Film be spunoff off Smallville

marvelrobbins

Avenger
Reaction score
With talk that the sequel to Superman Returns has been cancled.I was caurious If others thought instead of rebooting Superman If they should just
do a Superman Film spunoff off Smallville.Imagne you can have Tom Welling as Superman,Erica Durance as Lois Lane(a 100 percent Improvement over
kate bosworth) and Michael Rosenbaum as Les Luthor on the Big screen!

Oy. Just give me Welling in Justice League first. Can we start there? Please?

SV fans have a better chance of sharing sno cones with Satan than getting a SV theatrical film right now, and we all know that. :csad:

Oy. Just give me Welling in Justice League first. Can we start there? Please?

SV fans have a better chance of sharing sno cones with Satan than getting a SV theatrical film right now, and we all know that. :csad:

I'll share my popcorn with him if it means getting to see TW in JLA. :yay:

No, just no. Just leave Smallville in it's own little universe.

Post this in the regular superman boards as well. Seeing as to how you're a newbie- when SR hit theaters there was a HUGE Civil War between Superman fans on the hype that the mods had to come in and ban the SV forum from even talking about Routh.

Definitly. I've heard Gough and Millar's Superman pitch and would be awesome.

My answer is that they should all make Superman movies, starting whenever they're ready, and put them out AS they're ready, and neither wait for each other nor complain about each other:
* MOS, with Routh AND THEN a third SR movie, with Routh, AND THEN a Routh-Bale Superman/Batman combo movie
* Smallville Superman, with Welling & the rest of the Smallville cast; as many Smallville Superman followup movies as they are willing to make
* JLA movie(s) with some OTHER guy as Clark/Supes. I've nobody particular in mind, but if they went with Tahmoh Penikett I'd be quite happy. No, his hair isn't dark, but that's minor. For JLA, I don't think they should use any main cast members from either Smallville or the SR series UNLESS they're in different roles in JLA
* as I've posted in other threads, I'd also be happy to have a movie with different versions of Superman (ie. the ones from the different movies/shows) interacting with each other to save Earth from some huge danger.

There. If it weren't for all of those marketing and studio and copyright-holding folks trying to keep the pie all to themselves instead of sharing, we'd be enjoying Superman movies at least once every year or two. Obviously those folks don't follow Superman's ideals all that closely - he sure wouldn't be biding his time trying to protect his bottom line instead of getting out there and getting something done! Shame on the studios. Major shame.

Personally, I wouldn't care, but you'd be dooming the movie to failure. Everyone I talk to (age 19-24) think the show is stupid, badly written or don't care about it after having watched it in the beginning.

You already have a built in dislike for Welling without giving him a chance.

I can't help thinking that there was a hidden reason for bringing Supergirl to Smallville. Was it so TW could make the JLA? From what I heard many episodes will focus on her. Why? Could we be seeing a changing of the guard? It has already been established that JLA will conflict with Smallville shooting schedule which is the reason many sight for TW not being involved. But what if finally decides its time to start his training. It would make perfect sense since he now has a suitable replacement. Listen to some of his comments about not being able to stay here much longer. The new addition of a hidden spit curl(DO you think that was an accident?) How he is now ready to start his mission? I think this is all a very elaborate set up that has been in the works for a while. Gough confirmed this is MB last season. He also said there could be a season eight or "IT COULD END THIS YEAR" WE WOULD HAVE TO CHANGE SOMETHINGS BUT WE COULD DO IT IF WE HAD TO". He also mentioned about the very real possibility of a Smallville movie. That he has always planned one". Just speculation but what if the hold up is that Gough wants a guarrantee to make Smallville movie instead of MOS? What are your thoughts....?

I can't help thinking that there was a hidden reason for bringing Supergirl to Smallville. Was it so TW could make the JLA? From what I heard many episodes will focus on her. Why? Could we be seeing a changing of the guard? It has already been established that JLA will conflict with Smallville shooting schedule which is the reason many sight for TW not being involved. But what if finally decides its time to start his training. It would make perfect sense since he now has a suitable replacement. Listen to some of his comments about not being able to stay here much longer. The new addition of a hidden spit curl(DO you think that was an accident?) How he is now ready to start his mission? I think this is all a very elaborate set up that has been in the works for a while. Gough confirmed this is MB last season. He also said there could be a season eight or "IT COULD END THIS YEAR" WE WOULD HAVE TO CHANGE SOMETHINGS BUT WE COULD DO IT IF WE HAD TO". He also mentioned about the very real possibility of a Smallville movie. That he has always planned one". Just speculation but what if the hold up is that Gough wants a guarrantee to make Smallville movie instead of MOS? What are your thoughts....?
The answer is simple: they just want to have options. IF Supergirl brings additional ratings to SV on the episodes she's in, CW may want to spin-off the show, much to G&M's delight. SV itself WILL end either this year or next, so G&M will want to have something else in their back pocket.

Welling, Durance and Glover are signed for eight, meaning they're committed if CW gives SV an eighth season pick-up. Rosenbaum and Kreuk are done after seven, though G&M have said they'd like to get both actors back for guest appearances. I believe Rosenbaum said he'd be open to that; not sure about Kreuk. IF Welling is cast in JL however, the gigs up this year. He won't go back for S8 because Warners would buy out his contract.

That's pretty much it. There are many other extenuating circumstances in the big picture, not the least of which being rumors of G&M's potential involvement as EP's on JL should Welling get cast, but it's all rumor right now so it's hard to speculate about that stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"