Should there be a post credits scene for Superman? Yes or no? Why or why not?

Tg11

Superhero
Reaction score
Do you think there should be a Superman post credits scene to start off the DCU under James Gunn & Peter Safran's regime of DC films?

Yes or no? Why or why not?

Me personally, I will say yes there should be a post credits scene. However, only on the basis that you are building towards something bigger. By something bigger, a shared universe. But obviously you do not rush the shared universe concept right away but you build towards it slowly. Hence the post credits scene.

So I will say why? Because not only are you building future excitement for DC projects going forward but you also get to test it amongst DC fans to see if it will be successful in that regard.

Intro "post credit" scene ". Something that alluded to more but isn't the importance of the films story allowing for the movie to stand on its own without having us be bummed that we didn't get the sequel featuring what was "promised" at the end.

Intro "post credit" scene ". Something that alluded to more but isn't the importance of the films story allowing for the movie to stand on its own without having us be bummed that we didn't get the sequel featuring what was "promised" at the end.
I mean I can understand that too but it just has to be a good post credits scene for me

But we already know we are in a large universe. We have multiple superheros in this one film, we know Supergirl is getting made so it wouldn't be that exciting if we see her approach Clark.

But we already know we are in a large universe. We have multiple superheros in this one film, we know Supergirl is getting made so it wouldn't be that exciting if we see her approach Clark.
Yeah not really but even then the post credits scene could be something else entirely...like a tease of another hero ie. Batman

Does Superman need a post-credits scene? No. Will it have one? Probably. Again, since The Suicide Squad had one, I would not be surprised if Gunn had one written for this movie.

If Supergirl isn't actually in the film itself, I wouldn't be surprised if she's teased in a hypothetical end credits scene. Or since The Engineer is here, maybe tease something that could lead into The Authority.

Man in shadows, wearing fedora and glasses, witnesses Superman change back to Clark Kent. Zoom in on red eyes, green skin.
Cut to computer screen, in Batcave, Batman rewinds vid.

Last edited:
Does Superman need a post-credits scene? No. Will it have one? Probably. Again, since The Suicide Squad had one, I would not be surprised if Gunn had one written for this movie.

If Supergirl isn't actually in the film itself, I wouldn't be surprised if she's teased in a hypothetical end credits scene. Or since The Engineer is here, maybe tease something that could lead into The Authority.
I would love this too even...good idea

Man in shadows, wearing fedora and glasses, witnesses Superman change back to Clark Kent. Zoom in on red eyes, green skin.
Cut to computer screen, in Batcsve, Batman rewinds tape.
This too would even be huge going forward

I'll say, yes...
to a post credit, this isn't meant to be a one off of its own universe

it's suppose to be the first of a rebooted universe, so, we'll mostly likely see some type of sett up to the bigger universe (idk fair along any of the other confirmed projects will be by the time this comes out, tho)

They may have two projects already in post-pro by the time Superman comes out with another two in some form of pre/principal. They're definitely setting up Supergirl in Superman. Post credit-scene, early cameo where we see her go off into space even, etc; could be anything. I definitely see Superman references coming in Peacemaker S2 too.

It depends. For instance, hypothetical here, let's say we got brainiac, huge stakes and battle throughout, superman ( with help ) prevails.

End credits, we see a bit of what's left of brainiac activate and send a signal out, we then see the omega sign of Darkseid in response.
Nothing fancy, and nothing to take away from the film.

I've come to think of them as tacky
I think end the movie on its best note and we should be happy. The Matrix doesn't have a post credit scene and neither do the terminator films. Tell the story that needs to be told.

Post credit is just a want for more footage, this film is going to be full of superheros and villains that the "extended universe" feeling will be there from the start.

I wonder if they haven't announced any of the creature command folks being in the film as they have already been cast, so we might even see some of those characters featured.

Jimmy goes to Dunkin Donuts and runs into a man eating an OREO cookie and creme doughnut. :o

Yeah I'd vote no. Its become so expected now, half the time it feels like it's only included to tick the box, not because it's actually something the story benefits from.

Even The Suicide Squad and Peacemaker had them. This will 100% have them too.

I say yes, on the basis that a post credit scene could help with overall buzz for the film... plus, mid credit scenes and post credit scenes are now a normal for most superhero films, so I don't see a reason why there shouldn't be one

Throw that release date after the Supergirl mid credit scene and you're golden.

It'll probably have them and it doesn't bother me but it would be a nice touch to avoid them entirely in the DCU.

Personally I feel like the mid and post credits thing is a gimmick and a played out gimmick at this stage, after so many MCU films (amongst others) where it has become the norm. I have zero issues with the film ending completely on the last scene before the credits roll. And if they want to hint at something in future, write it into the story.

As a dyed in the wool DC fan, I wish DC would have enough self respect to branch out from the Marvel models and be innovative as opposed to being beholden to things like shared universes and mid and post credit scenes.

Do away with the gimmicks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"