• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Should there be a post credits scene for Superman? Yes or no? Why or why not?

They should take a page from DC Fandome and do featurettes for the next film to hype people up. Teases the next movie, not required viewing, behind the scenes videos appeal to fans, etc.

The thing is, they are all in the same universe and connected, so I don't see why they wouldn't have the post credit scenes.

I say yes, on the basis that a post credit scene could help with overall buzz for the film... plus, mid credit scenes and post credit scenes are now a normal for most superhero films, so I don't see a reason why there shouldn't be one
Exactly my point it helps with buzz for the DCU going forward and it's pretty much the norm now

I could definitely see them NOT doing it if each film was a stand alone film like the batman, and they were the only hero in "their" world, etc, but they aren't the only heroe(s), and Gunn has already said that they're ( the DCU ) all connected.

I could definitely see them NOT doing it if each film was a stand alone film like the batman, and they were the only hero in "their" world, etc, but they aren't the only heroe(s), and Gunn has already said that they're ( the DCU ) all connected.
So you suggest not doing it for every film but only for certain films in the DCU?

It feels inevitable that there'd be one pertaining to Supergirl. At the bare minimum, I could easily see Gunn doing one as a gag. Probably something with Guy Gardner.

So the consensus is for DCU to just follow the trends that Marvel started nearly 20 years ago and to not veer from that blueprint even though it has become a caricature of itself?

IMG_4409.gif

So the consensus is for DCU to just follow the trends that Marvel started nearly 20 years ago and to not veer from that blueprint even though it has become a caricature of itself?

View attachment 91343
I'm kind of over the whole post credits thing myself, to be honest. Teases for what comes next can always be baked in to the actual movie. Just going off of Marvel's post credit scenes, it was fun when they were building up to a clear goal, like the formation of the Avengers or Thanos collecting the Infinity Stones but when they throw stuff out there that we don't even know if and when it will come to fruition like Harry Styles showing up at the end of Eternals or the Quantumania post-credits scene with a now-fired council of Kangs, it loses its luster.

Last edited:
Occasionally I'll watch a movie reaction on YouTube. I had to cringe when I watched a Batman '89 one where the person actually skipped past the credits to see if there was a post-credit sequence.

View attachment 91343
Most of James main heads of department already worked in the MCU in several projects, and again, even on TSS and Peacemaker he put post-credits. I think the consensus here is that it's inevitable and that intentionally trying to distance himself from the MCU at every turn is simply not a priority for him.

They should try and make good movies then market them well. Post-credit scenes won't make or break em. Minds are made up on it anyway. If they use them: copying MCU. If they don't: missed oppurtunity. There's no need to even argue over it.

Most of James main heads of department already worked in the MCU in several projects, and again, even on TSS and Peacemaker he put post-credits. I think the consensus here is that it's inevitable and that intentionally trying to distance himself from the MCU at every turn is simply not a priority for him.
I sure hope we get a Superman post credits scene because it builds excitement so I sure as hell hope so

I have no doubt that they will have them. Whether they should is an entirely different matter.
I sure hope we get a Superman post credits scene because it builds excitement so I sure as hell hope so
I cannot relate to a person having to have a post credit scene in order to be excited for a sequel.
People anticipated upcoming movies for decades before Marvel started their gimmick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"