World Siegel & Shuster The Movie

Binker

Superhero
Reaction score
The Ilya Salkind Company, owned by of course Ilya Salikind who was the producer of the first three Superman films as well as Supergirl, is producing a film on the story of Superman creators, Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster called: Siegel & Shuster.

"Siegel & Shuster", the gripping story of Superman creators Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, mixes their "down to earth struggles", similar to film like Ray and Walk the Line, with out-of-this-world action fantasy sequences from the comic book universe.

Initially set against the backdrop of the hard-luck realities of the 1930s, it culminates in an epic dramatic ending in 1978. It is a story of triumph and tragedy, fiction clashing with reality, of frame and fortune won then lost then won again. These are two passionate originals, partners, but also friends, who battled the odds to bring their visionary imagination to the world, and change modern culture forever.

Co-written by the nephew of Joe Shuster, Warren Shuster Peary, and Rick Palacioz, the movie will combine traditional film with new state of the art technologies to break visual and uncharted boundaries that will allow the audience to participate in the vivid, spectacular fantasies of these two creative juggernauts.

There is no release date planned but expect an interview next month from Ilya Salkind at supermanhomepage.com

You can also go to the official website here:

http://www.ilyasalkindcompany.com/

I don't know that I'm confident that this movie will ever see the light of day let alone the darkness of a movie theater but I wish him well on it - it sounds like an interesting take and the ideas sound great. I know I would go see it!

Sounds like it's jumping on the Kavalier and Clay bandwagon... right down to the mixing of the "real" world with the fictional worlds of the creators.

It could possibly be good, but the fact that K&C is being made into a film means S&S won't seem very original.

I agree with an above poster who doubts this may ever get made, but I really hope it does. A film about S&S does spark my interest, and I would definately check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"