Slacker Cats

kaylee

Reaction score
I keep seeing promos for Slacker Cats on ABC Family, and it looks like it's going to be pretty funny - it kind of reminds me of Family Guy a little bit, both in the way it looks and the style of humor too. I usually love this kind of dry, sarcastic kind of animated show.

Anyone seen any of the ads for it? Thoughts on it? It starts next Monday night (at 10PM even!).

The more adds I see for ABC Family's new shows, the more amusing I find the fact that the channel was initially founded by Pat Robertson.

I hope it's good. Cause I will check out the premire... but if it isn't.... Shame.

The more adds I see for ABC Family's new shows, the more amusing I find the fact that the channel was initially founded by Pat Robertson.

Especially with Kyle XY addressing parental weed-smoking, the gay issue, and the Traeger dad's rift with his dad because of his father's uber-religiousness.

Yeah...The previews aren't very funny.:dry:

Well I'm gonna check it out when it starts on Monday. The promos amuse me and it's voice cast looks lot of really good comedians so I'm hoping for good things from all of that.

I think this is ABC Family's first animated series, I think it'll be cool to see how it turns out.

To me, it looks like it tries to be Family Guy in a way....with, um....cats:dry:

Looked kind of funny, it's at least worth one watch.

Isn't that supposed to be a family network?

It does kind of remind me of Family Guy as well - and the woman that does the voice Lois is going to be one of the cats, according to the internet, so there is even a connection there.

Official site is up if anyone wants to check it out.

I actually liked The Family Channel. They aired a s--tload of Three Stooges and `60s Batman stuff. :o

I think with a voice cast like this it's pretty sure to be funny. Can't wait to see for myself tonight!

I saw an ad for it just a few minutes ago, took me by surprise.
I don't have cable.

I watched the trailers and such on YT. I'm actually pretty interested in this. I'll set my VCR. Damn cats.

Anyone watch this? Wasn't that bad. Not as funny as I thought it would be. Will check it out next week.

I thought this was pretty funny - Emo Phillips is awesome, and the cat he does the voice for (Dooper?) is great. The whole show had some great lines in it, too.

I'm looking forward to a longer episode, I think this could be a really cool series!

Next week will be a new episode called "The Wood" and then a repeat of "Mexico". So the full hour thing will never mean hour-long episodes, just a new one, then a repeat. :cmad:

I saw this past Monday's episode and I was ambivalent. The show itself seems kind of trite, like it's trying too hard to be edgy by relying on proven edgy techniques that other shows have done before and better, and there were some jokes that outright annoyed me (like Eddie's ******ed "where's Mr. Boots?" thing). But, on the other hand, I found Tabitha abso-****ing-lutely hilarious for some reason. Dooper wasn't bad either, although his jokes were pretty predictable too. Buckley had a good joke here and there. I'll probably give it another episode or two to really get a feel for it and decide whether the positives outweigh the negatives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"