Slender Man / Marble Hornets movie

Pretty much.

I don't like found footage theatrical films but as a webseries it just works for me because so much of youtube is just handheld videos anyways.

Also though, the marble hornets guys in particular have developed a bit of a visual language if that makes any sense, with the way things are filmed and then their glitch effects and things. That's something that is missing from most found footage movies, where either the found footage thing is just an easy excuse to not put any effort or thought into what's being shown, or the camerawork looks like nothing that anyone would actually film with a handheld and it ends up just being a normal movie with a REC icon superimposed in the corner.

There are a lot of movies where I wish they would just keep some of the handheld aesthetic but not bother to have it be someone filming in story as increasingly it becomes less and less justifiable that someone is filming. End of Watch comes to mind. The overall aesthetic was great, but nothing was gained from trying to force in that one of the characters was actually filming it all.

A "Slender Man" Film Is In The Works

By Garth Franklin Wednesday May 4th 2016 10:27AM
The Slender Man, the mysterious and haunting online meme, is now getting a feature film with Screen Gems developing a project which is targeting a 2017 release.
The character began in a forum where a mythos was quickly built around him - leading to fan art, video games, a mini-series and more about the tall, faceless character who preys mostly on children.
Things turned nasty though when two twelve-year-old girls attempted to murder a friend of theirs as they claimed they wanted to pay 'homage' to Slender Man who they thought was real. The victim survived but had nineteen stab wounds.
David Birke ("Elle," "13 Sins") is penning the script for the film which begins shooting later this year.
Source: ComicBook.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"