Smallville Smallville Underappreciated

A nice example of how they got Clark's earnest and caring soul right those first couple of seasons. I appreciate those moments more with each passing year.

I miss Ma & Pa Kent the most, they're like Cory's parents in BMW... held together the goofy/comedy and in this case - the sci-fi, with the heart and humility.

I was skeptical of "Smallville" when it first came out, because I had seen the 1980s "Superboy" show as a kid, and loved it. "Lois & Clark" didn't really sit very well with me, so when I heard they were doing yet another update it made me feel uncomfortable. As a result, I skipped the first year entirely, only seeing a couple of reruns during the hiatus before Season 2. But after that, I got really interested, and started following the program.

By the middle of the show's second year, I was a loyal fan. I was really taken in by how most of the main cast were playing their roles, especially Tom Welling, Michael Rosenbaum, Kristin Kreuk, and Allison Mack. I wasn't fond of some of the different creative choices made (Lana had always been a redhead, and Pete was white in the books), but I still accepted them. I completely adored Chloe; the writing for her and Allison's portrayal was one of the best things "Smallville" ever did.

Anyway, I recorded the show onto VHS during its original run, and bought all the DVDs as they came out. I met Laura Vandervoort at a 2007 convention, and even went to Metropolis, IL once, where Phil Morris and Justin Hartley were appearing, in 2009. I've also met John Schneider, James Marsters, and Sam Witwer - they were all great guys. Sam said that while he enjoyed working on the show, he was very unhappy with Davis Bloome's fate. He wrote the producers a letter, asking them to change it...but they refused, so he fulfilled his job as an actor.

I repurchased the entire show a couple of years ago, when it first hit Blu-Ray...but since I still remember most of the episodes, I haven't rewatched a lot of it. Aside from my autographs, some of which are on the show's official Companion books, the only piece of memorabilia I have is a metal replica of the Krypton Key. Its a little worn down now, compared to when I first got it, but I still love having it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"