Smashing Pumpkins Fans?

BatFitz

Civilian
Reaction score
Couldn't find another thread for this so I thought I might start one. As some of you, or none of you, know...the Smashing Pumpkins are back together and their album is coming out this year! And the first tour date has been announced for June in Germany. So is anyone going to get the album? I know I sure am...

I remember hearing not all original members came back....so, who's in the band?

wont last long , not with billy corgans ego

basically it's just Corgan And Chamberlin.
which was basically the way it always was.

OH SNAP!!!!

So far the only confirmed members are Corgan and Chamberlin. It's doubtful D'arcy or James Iha will return. But we shall see. I'm actually really excited about this, but maybe it's just me...but here's Billy's letter to all fans on the SP site and the Myspace:

Dear Beautiful Souls,

Happy New Year to you! May 2007 prove to be a blessed year in every respect and every way...I send you every ounce of love I have in my heart...May the grace of Mother be with you...This year for us will see a new album of songs and a world tour of tears, and we truly look forward to playing again for fans young, old, and missed...So yes, tunes are being dusted off, while others are being asked to kindly submit to an upstart millennia and all it's asking...In our daily prayers, we send out the signal that all who should hear us come forward and be seen, and by extension, heard...when we opened the lid on this music box, we were pleasantly suprised at the music that played: familiar yet unknown, welcoming but not sentimental...and that is all we can ask...God has absolutely blessed us in every respect...for many years there were private laments about opportunities missed and hearts so broken, but no more...we have turned the page and moved on, from places and faces, names and games...this age calls for resolve and certitude, and the fire within to burn ever bright...if that fire should be connected to absolutely deafening guitars, thundering drums, and the melodies of snakes, then so be it! We love you! If you are meant to be with us, find us!! We have need, and our arms are ever-open...although I can say definitively we don't need jugglers...but we do need ???? (what?) what do we need!
With a smile and a wink,
billy corgan

Yeah...Not into Smashing Pumpkins.
Corgan's voice annoys the crap out of me.

if D'Arcy's not in, then blah :down

Corgan and Chamberlain were in Zwan together. It needs to be more than just them two to make it work.

if D'Arcy's not in, then blah :down

Corgan and Chamberlain were in Zwan together. It needs to be more than just them two to make it work.

but it was mostly Corgan.
supposedly Chamberlin has more freedom in this incarnation of the Pumpkins.
at least he said so in a recent interview on radio.

Well yeah, D'arcy's absence is sad. But she quit of her own will. I believe she's doing pretty fine now. Supposedly owns a horse farm and an antique store. But yeah, who knows, maybe she'll want to do it again??? I'm just pumped because it's one of my favorite (if not my number 1) 90's bands coming back. I didn't really like Red Hot Chili Pepper's comeback much. Too funky...and that's why I don't really like 'em...I can't into funk rock...

but it was mostly Corgan.
supposedly Chamberlin has more freedom in this incarnation of the Pumpkins.
at least he said so in a recent interview on radio.

I'm sure of that. Him and Corgan really mesh well together. Actually, I think if Chamberlin wasn't there it wouldn't be as good. Like when he was gone during Adore...and yes, I know alotta people didn't like Machina, but since Jimmy was back I thought it was better than Adore.

so its basically like the new so called ''guns n roses''

eh....no. Sorry I don't like Guns n Roses...I don't mind Slash...but the rest of them are really terrible (in my opinion, so no flamin')....but I haven't heard any new Guns n Roses so I don't know what you're talking about.

Dear Beautiful Souls,

Happy New Year to you! May 2007 prove to be a blessed year in every respect and every way...I send you every ounce of love I have in my heart...May the grace of Mother be with you...This year for us will see a new album of songs and a world tour of tears, and we truly look forward to playing again for fans young, old, and missed...So yes, tunes are being dusted off, while others are being asked to kindly submit to an upstart millennia and all it's asking...In our daily prayers, we send out the signal that all who should hear us come forward and be seen, and by extension, heard...when we opened the lid on this music box, we were pleasantly suprised at the music that played: familiar yet unknown, welcoming but not sentimental...and that is all we can ask...God has absolutely blessed us in every respect...for many years there were private laments about opportunities missed and hearts so broken, but no more...we have turned the page and moved on, from places and faces, names and games...this age calls for resolve and certitude, and the fire within to burn ever bright...if that fire should be connected to absolutely deafening guitars, thundering drums, and the melodies of snakes, then so be it! We love you! If you are meant to be with us, find us!! We have need, and our arms are ever-open...although I can say definitively we don't need jugglers...but we do need ???? (what?) what do we need!
With a smile and a wink,
billy corgan

Omg :whatever:

F***in' Neo-Pagan Hippie Emo f***.

:rolleyes:

He's not emo...in fact that was the most non-emo thing I've read

there was this "incident" when Kym Thayil ( the guy that looks like Tommy Chong from Soundgarden) made a comment to Corgan about him wearing a superman shirt on stage and Corgan came up to him after the concert and said

" you hurt me deeply" while putting his hand over his heart.
I'm pretty sure he was serious too.

LMAO

What a tender little flower.

You should've seen the little Nancy pouting on Jay Leno for their farewell performance.

puh-thet-ick

and who does that story come from? Kym Thayil?

Well think about it this way...he may have been genuinely hurt...now the concept of emo is the fact that you have nothing to hurt about but you do it for attention...but think about it even another way...that incident almost sounds like a joke too! He could've just done it as sarcasm...basically since it may have trinckled down through many people...we don't know the whole story...

I wonder if his music has changed. Will we get smashing pumpkins songs about how great the world is now (in a non sarcastic way?)??

Anyway, they did some cool musical things and made some cooler videos.
I respect Billy's art and sensibilities, but wouldn't buy an album.

I love the name Zwan, and I loved the cover, and I was all set for Zwan to become the new coolest band, a little head circus like T.Rex perhaps, but it were super-disappointing.

And on their first album his voice was something, as they progressed it became unbearable and he sounded like a forced parody of himself.

He seemed to become addicted/desensitized to the nasal, bratty little girl tonalities in the same way that homies are with wearing their pants low.

Soon, down low on your waist seems normal, so your pull it down to the top of your ass, and soon that seems too normal, so you pull it down further until a third of your ass is exposed, until finally, I am NOT kidding, I've seen kids with their belt tied around their upper thighs so that you could see their entire boxers, and they had trouble walking. So they end up looking like
g00ns.

That's what he did with his voice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"