• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Smashing Pumpkins Fans?

sigh....I should've seen that coming...

So besides that stuff. For actual fans of the Pumpkins...what is your favorite album(s) of SP?

I kinda like all of them, but if I had to pick one it would be Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness.

what is your favorite album(s) of SP?

Siamese Dream, because "Silver****" is freaking epic, and it's by and large the album where Chamberlin kicks the most ass.
Corgan is pretty good in it too, aside from some of his rather embarrassing forays into sensitive land ( I mean, "Disarm" Billy what the ****?)
but overall, the single best SP album, seconded by "Lull" because that's also pretty cool.

Siamese Dream is amazing! My favorite from that is "Cherub Rock" (amazing guitar riffs)

pumpkins were one of my favorite bands growing up. siamese dreams=flawless.

Yeah...Not into Smashing Pumpkins.
Corgan's voice annoys the crap out of me.
Ditto and his voice has the same effect on me as it has on you.
No offense to SP fans but I think it should be made illegal for this band to return to the music scene ever again. What they produced prior to disbanding was bad... I mean... good enough. Did I just type "good"? I feel dirty now so please excuse me while I wash my hands with Clorox.

Billy Corgan is reading this thread, hand over his chest.
you hurt him, deeply. :(

I'm not the biggest fan of smashing pumpkins, but they always seem to have a good song for the momment

I like them. They have some good tunes. My Blue Heaven is currently in my head.

though I will admit this

AmyLee.jpg

+

recent21.jpg

=
gerard_way--large-msg-1126668497-2.jpg

The only thing missing is a Nirvana reunion and a Blind Mellon reunion and the grunge nation can rise again...

I'm a huge SP fan. I can't wait for the new album.

For me, the best album is Siamese Dream. Although, Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness comes in as a close second, followed by Gish. The rest of their stuff is hit or miss. While there are good songs on their later albums, the later albums do no, overall, stand up to Gish, Siamese Dream, and Mellon Collie.

Couldn't find another thread for this so I thought I might start one. As some of you, or none of you, know...the Smashing Pumpkins are back together and their album is coming out this year! And the first tour date has been announced for June in Germany. So is anyone going to get the album? I know I sure am...

Ugh

Bill Corgan is no Ozzy Osbourne. :o

The only thing missing is a Nirvana reunion and a Blind Mellon reunion and the grunge nation can rise again...

Yeah they definitely are not grunge. They were unfairly lobbed into the category because they were becoming well-known at the peek of the Seattle music scene explosion. Also their first studio album "Gish" came out roughly 3 months before Nirvana's "Nevermind"...so people just drew lines...

Bill Corgan is no Ozzy Osbourne. :o

Who said he was?

wont last long , not with billy corgans ego

I went to see them in Birmingham on the farewell tour. It was a great gig apart from one aspect: BILLY CORGAN's GARGANTUAN EGO! I couldn't work out why they didn't play 1979/Bullet with... or even cherub rock. I figured they'd save them for the encore so we waited after the lights came up, and waited, and waited...after an hour we gave up. A friend of mine works at the venue and he later found out why they never played an encore..."Billy Corgan: I'm not playing an encore, they didn't clap loud enough at the end of the show...":dry:****ing ego-maniac **** :cmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WarMachine95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"