Smashing Pumpkins Fans?

Still, doesn't deny his body of work...

Never said it did...:confused:

The point is the man writes great tunes but is a complete cock. If I sit at home listening to his CD's I'm happy as can be. If I go see them live I will end up ramming a pintglass down his smug **** throat. The man is a walking example of everything that has ever sucked about rockstar personas and a bigger diva than mariah carey. **** Corgan, **** him up his pretentious ass :cmad:

Well, I wasn't accusing you of denying it...I was just saying, despite people's opinions about Corgan himself, Smashing Pumpkins' art cannot be denied...

if D'Arcy's not in, then blah :down

You serious? D'Arcy could be replaced by a chimp with good dexterity and decent rhythm. I say this as a huge Pumpkins fan and as a bass player.

Well, yeah she didn't do anything spectacular with the bass...she basically just did what was necessary

Well, yeah she didn't do anything spectacular with the bass...she basically just did what was necessary

Yeah, she's really the least important member in terms of their sound. I would, however, like her back on stage just for nostalgia's sake.

James Iha was only good in 21 jumpstreet.
wait...that was Dustin Nguyen.
nevermind then.

Hey there fellow Pumpkinheads... I did a search and found this thread, so I figured I'd revive it, since I'm a HUGE Pumpkins fan and the new album is only a couple months away. If you head over the blamo.org/sp/ (the BEST internet site for Pumpkins news), you can see they posted the track listing for the new album. It looks like Billy and Co. may have gone political this time around, which could be interesting if it's anything like NIN's new album Year Zero.

Supposedly James Iha won't be back in the band and hasn't spoken to Corgan in years, and there is no news on D'arcy one way or the other but her replacement for the Machina tour (Melissa auf Der Maur) said she'd be happy to join Corgan again in the Pumpkins if he wants her to. She's a good player and a hottie (though not as hot as D'arcy back in the day) so I'd be cool with her coming back. As for Iha, I really don't care that much. He's a good guitar player, but considering that Billy basically TAUGHT him how to play, he's not really necessary. Billy and Jimmy were the ones that mattered most and they're back, so I could live without the others. It will be interesting though to see who they will bring on as the other guitarist for the tour (they HAVE to... Pumpkins songs are notorious for having WAY more than one guitar part).

Funny thing is, my favorite Smashing Pumpkins song is "Believe" because James Iha sings instead of Billy.

That is my favorite of Iha's songs (though not my favorite SP song by a longshot).

The thing about James that irks me the most, is that the guy has NO confidence in his voice whatsoever. He can carry a tune okay, but he sings like a shoegazing teenager auditioning for American Idol. It's almost like he's afraid to let anyone hear his voice. So why sing at all then?

Woah...I thought this thread was dead and gone...but lo and behold, here I am.

Anyways, I was wondering if any of you did purchase Zeitgeist this summer? I think it's a great album, personally. And I got to see them live in October! Amazing set list...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"