Smurfs Reboot

Julia Roberts, Ellie Kemper & More Join ‘The Surfs: The Lost Village’; Maya Rudolph is in ‘The Emoji Movie’

Julia Roberts is playing SmurfWillow in the Smurfs film, which looks like a considerable improvement over the last two Smurfs films. SmurfWillow is the leader of The Lost Village, where Smurfette, Hefty, Brainy, and Clumsy’s adventure takes them. There’s something different about this village, which Gargamel (Rainn Wilson) is searching for. The scene set in The Lost Village was brief, but the other footage teased an irony and mostly pop culture jokes-free animated comedy. The clips feature some clever, broad gags, with most of the laughs coming from Joe Manganiello (Hefty) and Jake McBrayer (Clumsy)

Michelle Rodriguez (playing SmurfStorm), Ellie Kemper (the excitable SmurfBlossom), and Ariel Winter (SmurfLily) are other new additions to the cast. They’re voicing Smurfs found in the Lost Village. They’re joined by Gordon Ramsay (Baker), Jake Johnson (Grouchy), Jeff Dunham (Farmer), Gabriel Iglesias (Jokey), and Tituss Burgess (Vanity). The film’s director, Kelly Asbury (Shrek 2), voices Nosey. Ashbury, by the way, wanted to go back to the original look of the Smurfs from Pierre Cullifor‘s comics. If you look at Pappa Smurf (Many Patinkin) and compare him to the one from the live-action films, there are far fewer wrinkles in his face and even less texture to his beard. The Smurfs now have a simpler, more old-fashioned look.

I think this looks great. It's a shame they made those two live action films, when clearly this franchise should have stayed animated.

Sony, the repulsive ****es of reboots, are back at it again. Before they give us our third reincarnation of Spider-Man this July, they decide give us a fully CG Smurfs reboot nobody asked for. Yep, we're getting two Sony franchise reboots within the same year people! But who cares? It’s the Smurfs as you should’ve seen them in the first place.

https://rendyreviews.com/movies//smurfs-the-lost-village

I'm up for that.
So, am i.
I grew up reading Franco-Belgian comics here in Portugal.

Tintin...The Smurfs (or Estrunfes, as it was called here, from the original name "Les Schtroumpfs")...Spirou...Lucky Luke...Michel Valiant...Asterix....Valérian...Blueberry...Gaston Lagaffe...Iznogoud...and a lot more.

I started reading those before Superheroes, then i read both...and then, i put Franco-Belgian aside.

Even so, i never watched none of the Smurfs movies and have no interest to.

Last edited:
I just read some of the reviews...How hard is it to reboot the Smurfs? And why did Sony say no to the friggin' Popeye animated film with Tartakovsky, but yes to this?

It's not like the Smurf is more 'money' than Popeye to the eyes of a child.

it's not hard to reboot anything if you have like one or two people only working on it. But you also have too many other cooks that think stupid **** appeals to the masses more.

Titus Burgess as Vanity and Gordon Ramsay as Baker are fun casting decisions, but seriously ... not for me.

Why does Smurfette keep getting pop stars to voice her?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"