Snacks that Time Forgot

Rowsdower!

Avenger
Reaction score
I don't know why this is, but I tend to gravitate towards snacks and goodies that for whatever reason don't particularly catch on and then get discontinued. Yeah, I know, first world problem and all of that. But still. You have to admit that it's a little annoying when you discover some amazing dessert and then you realize YOU WILL NEVER HAVE IT AGAIN AS LONG AS YOU LIVE AND YOU WILL DIE NEVER HAVING EATEN THAT WONDERFUL SNACK AGAIN. Unless of course you can cook, and well, most of us can't. Anyway, here are a few things that I always thought were ****ing amazing, and they've disappeared off of the planet.

White Chocolate Nestle's Crunch bars - What happened to these things? They were phenomenal!

Leopards - These were Twinkies with chocolate chips in them. Anyone remember them? They didn't last very long but they were awesome.

Crunchy Bran - Also known as Corn Bran, this was my favorite cereal growing up as a kid. Quaker Oats made it. It was just the right balance of sweet and savory to get you through the morning.

Planter's Cheez Balls and Cheez Curls - Awww man, these things were great. I don't know why they discontinued them. So greasy and delicious. Other companies have come up with similar stuff, but none have been quite as good.

Tato Skins - Another classic. I didn't like these at first when I was a kid because they were unlike any other chip I'd had at the time. Then I opened up my mind and fell in love.

Snapple Orangeade - This one I don't think has been discontinued, it's just impossible to f***ing find anywhere. You can probably order it online somewhere, but I've never looked.

What are some forgotten foods that you still crave?

Humpty Dumpty potato chips. I adored the Dill Pickle ones and there's only one that ever came close to them in taste.

They went under a decade or so ago, if not longer.

Shame.

Oh yeah, since you're from Canada, that reminds me of another one, possibly. I've been up there a number of times over the past few years and you know those Smarties candies they make up there that are similar to M&Ms? They had this special version that were either white chocolate inside with a chocolate shell, or chocolate inside with a white chocolate shell. They were amaaaaaaazing. Anyway, the last couple trips up there, I couldn't find them so I assume they too were discontinued, though the regular Smarties are still available (which aren't nearly as good).

Planter's discontinued those too? Sheesh. What's up with those bastards?

Oh yeah... CVS used to sell these little chocolate covered pretzel balls. They were super cheap and the perfect snack to sneak into a movie theater. Then they discontinued them because THE WORLD IS A FOUL AND UNFAIR PLACE.

Two off the top of my head..

1) 3D Doritos
tumblr_ll5l6sjc5q1qb3tqdo1_400.jpg

2) These chocolate monster cookies. They were amazing, but I haven't seen them since the late 90's

0.jpg

God, 3D Doritos were terrible.

I vaguely remember there being a green-colored Power Rangers drink when I was younger. Does anyone else remember that?

I vaguely remember there being a green-colored Power Rangers drink when I was younger. Does anyone else remember that?

No, but I do remember binging on Ecto-cooler when I was a kid. I think it was green.

Snapple Orangeade - This one I don't think has been discontinued, it's just impossible to f***ing find anywhere. You can probably order it online somewhere, but I've never looked.

Wow, I see them every day here. It's my favorite Snapple flavor.

I will add Cookie Dough Bites to the list, but only in the sense that they have vanished from CVS/Rite Aid/Duane Reade, etc. Sure they're still sold in movie theaters, but the fact that they stopped selling them outside is a movie theater conspiracy I feel.

Planter's Cheez Balls and Cheez Curls - Awww man, these things were great. I don't know why they discontinued them. So greasy and delicious. Other companies have come up with similar stuff, but none have been quite as good.

Missed this one, but God yes. I got one of the giant tubs of Target brand cheese balls recently and it just wasn't the same.

10p crisps. Tangy Tomato was my favourite.

Dip Dabs fizzy sherbet which was like crack cocaine for kids.

Um Bongo

Chewits

Nerds

Ice poles

Push pops

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"