Snakes Are Taking Over

...no?

That wording is so incredibly awkward. Again, given the context and the varying connotations of the word, it works. You're just thinking of it in unilateral terms.

Ecologically, it's a completely acceptable term for the situation.
It is ecologically a mass migration until they get to their habitat of choice in which they will colonize in it. They aren't going to colonize 1/3 of America, they will colonize in 1/3 of America.

So that explains why I see this thing outside my window:

f_bp_snakeman.jpg

OH FCK!!! It's trying to break in. I'm going- ah!!!!!!

I think I just peed a little.

It is ecologically a mass migration until they get to their habitat of choice in which they will colonize in it. They aren't going to colonize 1/3 of America, they will colonize in 1/3 of America.
Read the bolded portion. See how incredibly awkward that reads?

When they do settle, they will have colonized the area. If not, then you need to write all of those professors and authors out there who have misspoken. Let me know how they respond. :up:

Read the bolded portion. See how incredibly awkward that reads?

When they do settle, they will have colonized the area. If not, then you need to write all of those professors and authors out there who have misspoken. Let me know how they respond. :up:
'It' is a pronoun for the noun 'habitat.'

–verb (used with object) 1.to establish a colony in; settle: England colonized Australia. 2.to form a colony of: to colonize laborers in a mining region. –verb (used without object) 3.to form a colony: They went out to Australia to colonize. 4.to settle in a colony.

So snakes will be remembered for colonizing 1/3 of America?

'It' is a pronoun for the noun 'habitat.'

–verb (used with object) 1.to establish a colony in; settle: England colonized Australia. 2.to form a colony of: to colonize laborers in a mining region. –verb (used without object) 3.to form a colony: They went out to Australia to colonize. 4.to settle in a colony.

So snakes will be remembered for colonizing 1/3 of America?
These constrictors will, yes. Like many, many, many species before them.

Being a former snake breeder, I'm disturbed by the amount of snakes owners let go when they realize that they are too big for them to care for. On the other hand, I'm glad snakes are taking over. It'll keep the stray dog and cat population down. :up:

<Sam Elliott Voice>Snake...it's what's for dinner</Sam Elliott Voice>

jag

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"