Snowpiercer TV Series

I saw the first episode and it was fine.
Production value and introduction to the characters and world are well done.
Note : there are blood and violence (like in the movie adaptation).

Yeah the premiere was just okay IMO. I'll stick with it, but I do hope that it gets more interesting and engaging as it goes along. I really like the cast too.

I'm not sure about this... It's fine but I had a difficult time paying attention to it the entire episode.

I think the lead (Layton) is a bit weak... but maybe he'll grow on me. Also his hair looks way too clean and nice for someone living under those conditions.. It's not a big deal but it just bothered me :hehe:

Not sure I like the detective angle. I hope they don't try to add a bunch of generic cop procedural elements to this story.

Not sure I like the detective angle. I hope they don't try to add a bunch of generic cop procedural elements to this story.

Yeah I hope not. That would be so unnecessary, especially since it's only ten episodes... Or they think they really need to drag the story out for it to last multiple seasons

Didn't realise this was coming to Netflix UK, loved the movie a lot, so will give this a try.

I also love the movie, that's why I was a bit disappointed with the pilot. I was hoping this would be the next big thing, but it doesn't seem like it unfortunately... but maybe that will change. So far it's movie > tv show.

I don't mind a different take (like 12 Monkeys for example), but this just didn't grab me

Are people still watching this? I could barely get through the pilot so I gave up on it... But maybe it improved?

I read that they're planning on doing 5 or 6 seasons, but I just can't see that happening

Yeah now that the detective stuff is out of the way this show has become far more engaging and compelling IMO, especially when you find out who the killer(s) are.

Last ep was nice, it was cool to see the maintenance of the train.
More details about the life on the train and Wilford's plan are revealed.

If the purpose of that kid is the same as in the movie...

In a way, I think Wilford is looking for smart kids like Miles to train them to operate the train and lead when the time comes.

I just finished watching the first 5 episodes, my prediction is Wilford is dead

Good two parts finale.
I will not spoil things just don't watch season 2 teaser before the finale.
At the end of ep 10, we can see how huge/tall the train is, that was nice.

Last edited:
The finale was really good IMO and now I'm looking forward to seeing what comes next in this show. The way it started off I wasn't sure, but man did this show pick up steam in the latter episodes.

Yeah I wonder how that will play out with the planet warming up and humans being able to go outside again at some point.

I also want to know what's happening with that monster guy on Big Alice who even strong boy seemed scared of.

Yeah I wonder how that will play out with the planet warming up and humans being able to go outside again at some point.

I also want to know what's happening with that monster guy on Big Alice who even strong boy seemed scared of.

I get the feeling that warming up might be 3-10 year thing at the quickest and a decade or few at the slowest rate.

Honestly they're so many potential storylines being set up that they could milk this series longer and longer as long as the writing and acting holds up. I think the most obvious storyline being that Wilford is willing to sabotage Melanie's project just to have power or leadership for himself.

Icy Boy.
The Hospitality guy from Big Alice gave a few details : the couple of creepy Doc aboard Alice upgraded him with skin grafts and cold protection. He's like a kind of Frankenstein's monster.

Just saw that second episode today and man was that bath tub scene unsettling. I forget just how menacing of a villian Sean Bean can be, but I'm really enjoying him in this season so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"