So...Aquaman huh...

Joker

Avenger
Reaction score
Done like Smallville...so that would be Dawson's Ocean then, right?

HAHAHAHAHA, no. I think it'll be pretty good man. We'll just have to wait and see. SV kicked ass, why wouldn't this show?

The way talk is going now it'll be Aquaman in college as a surfer boy/shop boy, who falls for a girl, who changes his life and goes all SV-like with the Freaks of the Week. Yawn.

Jlandsw said:
HAHAHAHAHA, no. I think it'll be pretty good man. We'll just have to wait and see. SV kicked ass, why wouldn't this show?

SV's okay, but I don't think it was handled the way it should have been. Anyway, if they handle this right, it could be pretty kickass. We'll just have to wait and see.

There were very few good things about Smallville...Lex is good, James Marsters as Brainiac is good, the lack of the costume is good...yeah, that's about it...and really, Aquamans powers just don't seem to lend themselves to a show that takes place on land, even if it is on the beach...what good is talking to the fishes going to do against a mugger?

The whole Bermuda Triangle element is interesting, but something tells me it'll just be a plot device to bring on the FotW. Which sometimes isn't a bad thing, but gets repetitive.

That's what irks me. The concept has potential but they fall back on the SV formula.

The Joker said:
Done like Smallville...so that would be Dawson's Ocean then, right?

lol Dont hate on Dawsons Creek.... That was a very good show.
I saw half of season one when it aired, and then it lost me when Joey started dating the guy who turned gay lol... Then last year my girlfriend showed up with all 6 seasons plus the series finale on dvd.
Turns out she was a big fan lol... I never knew that since I dated her after I watched half the first season.
Well I sat thru the whole thing with her... TWICE!
It was a very good show... Well acted, and I could relate to some of the stuff Dawson went thru especially since im also in Film school.... heh :)

Oh, and yes I also lost the then girl of my dreams to my best friend.. So I could relate to the show... Good thing both me, and Dawson found more fish in the sea.. :p

So yea don't hate that show was actually pretty darn good...

The Joker said:
There were very few good things about Smallville...Lex is good, James Marsters as Brainiac is good, the lack of the costume is good...yeah, that's about it...and really, Aquamans powers just don't seem to lend themselves to a show that takes place on land, even if it is on the beach...what good is talking to the fishes going to do against a mugger?

Dude Smallville I feel has the best cast EVER in a Superman type show or movie... The Donner movies had the best Superman/Clark ever but the rest of the cast stunk especially Lois Lane... Erica Durance makes Margott Kidder like the chain smoker she's always been.
Together the entire Cast of Smallville has a ton of talent...
I think Allison Mack is the best thing on TV today too! lol :) :up:

The Joker said:

My main problem with Smallville is that they delved head first into the super heroics far too quickly. I would have liked the show to be a bit more low key and character centric than an action show.

As for Aquaman's powers, telepathy ain't all he can do. He's also insanely strong and fast. Not on Superman's level strength wise, but if he punched Clark really hard, Clark'd probably feel it.

Dude Smallville I feel has the best cast EVER in a Superman type show or movie... The Donner movies had the best Superman/Clark ever but the rest of the cast stunk especially Lois Lane... Erica Durance makes Margott Kidder like the chain smoker she's always been.
Together the entire Cast of Smallville has a ton of talent...
I think Allison Mack is the best thing on TV today too! lol :) :up:[/QUOTE]

HERE HERE!!!!!!!

Jlandsw said:

HMM ..because its about......aquaman:down
I'll give it a chance though..but for christs sake its about..... aquaman:down

I still think they should have gone with a cyborg show.But I will still check out the first episode.

kane9321 said:
HMM ..because its about......aquaman:down
I'll give it a chance though..but for christs sake its about..... aquaman:down

I like what they did with Aquaman in SV tho. They actually made him interesting, and they gave him new superpowers!

The Joker said:

i would guess 60 % or more of the show will be underwater. his powers don't work that great on land anyway from what i understand cause i know nothing about aquaman. the thing that interest me is the underwater stuff cause i like how they show clarks powers on Samllville FX wise. i think it will look cool.

wouldnt having it be mostly underwater be incredibly effects heavy and expensive to the point of making smallvlle look cheap by comparison? I just dont see this getting past 1 or maybe 2 seasons...and like was said, it's frickin Aquaman, quite possibly the lamest character DC has...

Aquaman is cool, what's wrong with Aquaman? you maybe did not grow up with AM, he was great in my day and age. So lay off Aquaman he is cooler then you might think, the show may be lame, but it may be great, open your eyes and minds, you may be shocked to find he is not as bad as you are making him out to be, or suspecting. he could loose the really bad surfer language, but all in all the character is not half bad! he is very adiment about his undersea world, and there have been shows on him almost starting wars with the land folks over protecting his world, so it may be pretty cool, we shall see. Also think of all the underwater creatures that will be seen on the show and the interactions that could be made from the animals and humans. it should be cool.

The Bermuda Triangle angle of the show seems to me like the CW's version of Lost

I think Aquaman is awesome but I am sure this Mercy Reef stuff will be incredibly lame teen drama crap. I wish they would just make a huge budget Aquaman under water epic movie insted. I bet when Mercy Reef fails any idea for a Aquaman movie will be scrapped.

giggs11uk said:
The Bermuda Triangle angle of the show seems to me like the CW's version of Lost
Or maybe it was Millar & Gough's kryptonite for Mercy Reef. Instead of Kryptonite FOTWs, you'd get Bermuda Triangle FOTWs.

Lighthouse said:
Or maybe it was Millar & Gough's kryptonite for Mercy Reef. Instead of Kryptonite FOTWs, you'd get Bermuda Triangle FOTWs.

Bingo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"