So wait, who else here is black? Come on, guys; hands up.

*looks at your avatar*

You're looking like Tarbaby to me.

image.php
watermelon.jpg

Blacks may have helped build this country but Starship built this city on rock and roll. :up:

Wow, that's a. ALL history isn't celebrated all year round, but significant historic achievements and figures are highlighted on certain days. Would you rather Black History Month be relegated to several National Holidays? Slavery Day? Light Bulb (Filament) Day? Blood Transfusion Day? Elevator Day? Typewriter Day? Or perhaps, roll up the laundry list of African American inventions into a Black Invention Week? How about Malcolm X Day? Underground Railroad Day? Harlem Reneissance Day? I think it's much more elegant to condense all these significant points in history into a much more visible month than to have random holidays all over the calendar.

Black History Month doesn't demean Black History any more than Martin Luther King Jr Day demeans Dr. King.

But should George Washington, Dr. King, Lincoln, Columbus and Women's History (March) be celebrated year round? YES... that doesn't mean that it's highlight days should be removed, or are demeaning.
Good points, all.
Except Columbus.

I'm not black, but as a kid I would take my dady's shoe polish and do a blackface number on the streets of NY for change. :up:

I'm not black, but as a kid I would take my dady's shoe polish and do a blackface number on the streets of NY for change. :up:
Wiiiiiiiii Kiiiiiiiiiied!!!!!
Wiki said:
The term 'Assassin' is thought to be derived from its connections to the Hashshashin, a militant religious sect of Ismaili Muslims, thought to be active in the Middle East in the 8th to 14th centuries. This mystic secret society killed members of the Abbasid elite for political or religious reasons.
It was said that they were drugged during their murders, often with materials such as hashish and opium. The name assassin is derived from either hasishin for the supposed influence of the drugs, and disregard for their own lives in the process, or hassansin for their leader, Hassan-i-Sabah. The above, however, relies heavily on second-hand information from crusader-authored histories which have been traditionally very unreliable for information about native cultures.
Today, it is known that hashishinnya was an offensive term used to depict this cult by its Muslim and Mongolian detractors; the extreme zeal and cold preparation to murder makes it unlikely they ever used drugs. As far as is known they only used daggers, rarely survived their attacks, even when successful (unlike in many tales, where they are silent, invisible killers) and it seems that they rarely acted against westerners during the Crusades, partly because the crusading orders were not as affected by losing individual leaders as were the autocratic local regimes of the time

why are there so many people that pm me or post here and say i misspelled my name? "Assasin" No, I spelled it right, dumbasses! Assassin has 2 ass' in it!

sorry, rant over, back to black

whud up dawgs ?

"Half of the kids in this country under 5 years old are minorities. White people are having fewer. To put it bluntly, we need more babies."

*spits out drink*

"I've dealt with people like this for 20 years. They will get up everyday. They will kill someone, and go have some chicken at KFC."

*chokes to death*

...with my final breath, I curse Fox News!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"