The Official Black History Month Thread!

Any other Americans except the white people

Everybody knows Thomas Edison
Nobody knows Louis Latimer

American history is always told from the white perspective. Just lokk at the History Channel. Those old WWII news footage show only white men fighting. You'd think that blacks never left these shores. Just white faces.

So, this month is not a "put down" of another race. It's the uplifting of one whose achievments have been hidden away.

Why not take the the time to learn some new things.

I am shocked and appalled at some of the things I've read in here.

I'll never understand why celebrating the achievements of African Americans is so offensive to other Americans. Aren't we all brothers and sisters in this country? Black History Month showcases a people who had to rise from nothing and fight a never-ending battle to obtain that which other Americans take for granted. It's about struggle and perseverance and over-coming obstacles. Those themes should be universal to all Americans and all people in general. Why can't more white people wrap their heads around this notion?

I for one am pleased with this thread and hope it continues. Yes, Black History Month is over, but black history is never over. I think all history should be celebrated accordingly. Martin Luther King's dream was to have the sons of former slaves AND the sons of former slave owners sit down together at the table of brotherhood. In my opinion, that makes him as much of a white hero as a black hero. He was universal. History is universal. Black history is universal.

The way I see it American is the key word in African American, so that makes their history my history and my history is their history. So why not stop belittling the words of the great Dr. King and sit together at the table of brotherhood?

I have been posting in this thread all month and have felt very welcome. Contrary to what some people might think, this is not a thread for black people only to post in. Slim and I have traded some interesting posts back and forth and I have learned more from the posts of he, Terry, Raybia and Tzarina than I have in all my history classes from elementary school right up until college. We all have shared and learned from one another. We have truly sat together at the table of brotherhood and I find it a shame that their are people coming into this thread and spamming it up with hate.

If you do not see the benefit of learning the history of your fellow man, then just stay out of the thread.

Sorry for the rant; thanks to anyone who read this.

It all comes out eventually, man. :o Kudos on the support though.

I am shocked and appalled at some of the things I've read in here.

I'll never understand why celebrating the achievements of African Americans is so offensive to other Americans. Aren't we all brothers and sisters in this country? Black History Month showcases a people who had to rise from nothing and fight a never-ending battle to obtain that which other Americans take for granted. It's about struggle and perseverance and over-coming obstacles. Those themes should be universal to all Americans and all people in general. Why can't more white people wrap their heads around this notion?

I for one am pleased with this thread and hope it continues. Yes, Black History Month is over, but black history is never over. I think all history should be celebrated accordingly. Martin Luther King's dream was to have the sons of former slaves AND the sons of former slave owners sit down together at the table of brotherhood. In my opinion, that makes him as much of a white hero as a black hero. He was universal. History is universal. Black history is universal.

The way I see it American is the key word in African American, so that makes their history my history and my history is their history. So why not stop belittling the words of the great Dr. King and sit together at the table of brotherhood?

I have been posting in this thread all month and have felt very welcome. Contrary to what some people might think, this is not a thread for black people only to post in. Slim and I have traded some interesting posts back and forth and I have learned more from the posts of he, Terry, Raybia and Tzarina than I have in all my history classes from elementary school right up until college. We all have shared and learned from one another. We have truly sat together at the table of brotherhood and I find it a shame that their are people coming into this thread and spamming it up with hate.

If you do not see the benefit of learning the history of your fellow man, then just stay out of the thread.

Sorry for the rant; thanks to anyone who read this.

icon14.gif

Great words....thanks for supporting this effort.

African Americans want more than just to be treated equally. We want and demand that our natural rights which the founding fathers acknowledged for all Americans be respected and left unhindered.

So if and when we as African Americans are mistreated in any and every way then yes we expect special treatment until the research shows that we are being treated equally.

Any group of Americans would be wise to do the same.

Any other Americans except the white people

Well, that is because they haven't been mistreated as a group. What group do you think was the one that mistreated the others?

Haha, I honestly forgot this thread was still around.

HEY! :mad:

We set aside February to talk about Black people so we don't have to talk about them for the rest of the year. :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"