Transformers So... what do you notice for the first time with the DVD?

lightYear

Civilian
Reaction score
Admit it - now that we've got this treasure in our hands we're watching it, and then watching it again, and again - all the while with a big *****-eatin' grin on our faces.

... and I just know some of you other SHHyp-heads are watching things in slo-mo, frame by frame, still with that grin on your faces. So, my question is, when it's not Megan Fox you're watching a frame at a time, what do you see now that makes you raise an eyebrow and rewind?

There were a few things that escape me at the moment but one thing I didn't notice before was when Mikaela tells BB "Nice shot" after he takes out Devastator, and he responds with his signature "hum-speak", "Thank you". That's one of the things that goes against my theory that BB's voice was fixed when he came into contact with the cube earlier. :huh:

Also, again, I count 4 F-22's left when they make the final approach to attack Megs - INCLUDING Starcream. Four Raptors then launch missiles... :wow:

Finally, it really does seem to me that Bonecrusher says "Bloody Hell!" when he's dancin' with OP.

When Frenzy threw one of those razor things that bounced around and hit his head off, he said, "Oh ****!" I never knew what he was saying until I watched it with the subtitles on. (He yells "Megatron melting!" at one point). I also noticed that Prime has an Autobot symbol on his chest.

When Frenzy threw one of those razor things that bounced around and hit his head off, he said, "Oh ****!" I never knew what he was saying until I watched it with the subtitles on. (He yells "Megatron melting!" at one point). I also noticed that Prime has an Autobot symbol on his chest.

LOL - that was ALWAYS a part that got laughter in the theaters everytime I saw it (Frenzy's "death rattle"). And yes, he does talk a lot and it's hard to understand what he says until some time later when it just hits you.

I guess I'm disappointed to find that even the subtitles don't translate what the bots are saying most of the time (transforming and battle scenes). You know they're talking - unless it's, like, "Cybertronian" or something.

But OP has the symbol on his chest? Really?

LOL - that was ALWAYS a part that got laughter in the theaters everytime I saw it (Frenzy's "death rattle"). And yes, he does talk a lot and it's hard to understand what he says until some time later when it just hits you.

I guess I'm disappointed to find that even the subtitles don't translate what the bots are saying most of the time (transforming and battle scenes). You know they're talking - unless it's, like, "Cybertronian" or something.

Yeah, it's on that part that's in between the windshields. When he pulls open his chest to show his spark you can see it.

Yeah, it's on that part that's in between the windshields. When he pulls open his chest to show his spark you can see it.

Awesome! I'll looke for that tonight! I just picked up the film and can't wait. DVDs at Wal-Mart are getting expensive. :wow:

I noticed that Jazz had the Pontiac symbol, not the autobot symbol like the others. The Bee had it on his head I noticed.

I noticed for the first time Frenzy giving the finger to the police and other people when he got off air force one, after somebody tipped me to that here. :cwink:

I'm just amazed at such detail the 'bots are in. It's AMAZING!!!

Which makes me think that maybe Starscream did say something on his way out to space.

I noticed that when the Allspark hit the ground and the XBOX 360 came alive you heard the start up tone of the 360, which I didnt hear in the theater. Something little but cool nonetheless.

I posted this in the wrong place, so i'll repost it:

I noticed two things:

On a smaller screen like the home tv, those close quick battle scenes are alot easier to see and follow...

Did anyone notice that when BB is sending the signal to the Autobots, the Autobot logo is hard to make out but in the theater it was clear as day..?

Megatron's sparks all over the place the last few mins when hitting by the airforce.

Did anyone notice that when BB is sending the signal to the Autobots, the Autobot logo is hard to make out but in the theater it was clear as day..?

Perhaps that was 'fixed' to make it more realistic...kinda like how they made the Bat signal blurry in Batman Begins.

Has anyone figured out what Barricade yells at BB during their battle? It sounds like he's saying "this ones for...."..whatever. It must have been in Cybertronian though because nothing showed up in the subtitles.

Frenzy giving the cops the finger.

Starscream DID shoot Megatron. Even though I always knew soemhting wasnt right when I saw that part in theatres :cwink:

Starscream's parts and detail were sooo much clearer and easier to make out. I felt like I saw alot more Starscream in general while watching the HD DVD

Barricade looked much clearer too.

Brawl/Devastator had a lot less screentime than I remember. In fact, it seemed liek he was getting his ass kicked constantly, and I could have sworn things were goign the other way around in the theatre.

I was able to hear alot of the things the Decepticons said much more clearly.

I noticed the music played during the Bonecrusher vs Optimus fight sounded alot like the Terminator theme. Homage, maybe?

Ironhide kicking Mojo after he lubricates him.....
Noticed the Decpticons talking more but unable to hearexactly what they say
Noticed Starscream shooting Megatron in theaters the second time I saw it.

Noticed the Terminator music cues the first time I saw the film.

Ironhide kicking Mojo after he lubricates him.....
Noticed the Decpticons talking more but unable to hearexactly what they say
Noticed Starscream shooting Megatron in theaters the second time I saw it.

Noticed the Terminator music cues the first time I saw the film.

Hmm...I've missed all four times I've seen the movie.

Must watch it closer this weekend. What part is that at? In the downtown battle?

Hmm...I've missed all four times I've seen the movie.

Must watch it closer this weekend. What part is that at? In the downtown battle?

Yes, during the final battle sequence. You must remember the cool as hell scene when Starscream joins the Raptor squadron preparing to make a pass through the city when the soldiers "mark" Megatron... the scene where SS is transforming while attacking the other F-22's. He takes a bunch of them out and then they chase each other. RIGHT after that they come down through the city and unleash hell on Megs. It appears as if SS is the lead jet during that attack. That sneaky SOB ;).

On a smaller screen like the home tv, those close quick battle scenes are alot easier to see and follow...

Oh hell yes they were, are.

I just realized that when Sam and chick were in the old school Camero and BB went through the tunnell, got pissed off, put them out, and phased into the new model...WHAT HAPPEND TO THE GDAMN DRIVER OF THE NEW CAMERO:woot: .

My theory is that whomever was driving it, got folded up during a transformation:csad:

i just noticed just how long this movie really is. first time (and only time) i saw it, the movie started and ended fast for me. when i watched the dvd, i looked at my dvd player and optimus and friends dont really show up until an hour into the film! weird...

Oh hell yes they were, are.

I just realized that when Sam and chick were in the old school Camero and BB went through the tunnell, got pissed off, put them out, and phased into the new model...WHAT HAPPEND TO THE GDAMN DRIVER OF THE NEW CAMERO:woot: .

My theory is that whomever was driving it, got folded up during a transformation:csad:

The driver of the other car was fine. Bumblebee just scanned it to take the form of the new camaro.

I noticed the more silly reactions Sam's parents gave when they saw Mikaela for the first time other than the "She's gorgeous" line...

Did anyone else have a hard time watching the action scenes with the Transformers fighting each other.It just seemed like the action scenes were way to fast to focus on anything.

I wish Starscream had the cartoon voice,he just didn't seem to stand out.

Did anyone else have a hard time watching the action scenes with the Transformers fighting each other.It just seemed like the action scenes were way to fast to focus on anything.

I wish Starscream had the cartoon voice,he just didn't seem to stand out.
totally agree.

Actually I think that's probably because ILM didn't have the confidence that they handle the robot action smooth enough.

They never gave you a clear shot like from a distance (except for that Megatron killing Jazz scene).

I got the feeling that they have a problem handle such complex models, gravity wise specifically. If you watch again, there is a shot when Megatron and Prime flew throught that building and fell to the ground, Megatron then picked up Prime and threw him away, that scene look extremely fake, they just seem to have problem handling an object heavy as a truck but complex as prime in action (action I mean they can let him talk, walk even running... no problem, but fighting scene is a lot more complicated actions).

Also the scene when Megatron hit by missiles at the end, that look fake as well. They just have no ideas how Megatron should react to those F22 missiles, they should hire a physics scientist to do the math for them. Seriously this is probably beyond ILM's capability expressing a giant robot (they never gave out the figure how much Megatron weight, and his poiwer, overall the strength of his legs ...) being hit by missiles.

Hope to get some more realistic, more impactful action scene in TF2

In particular, I never enjoy those super closeup shots in those robot action scenes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"