Batman Begins So, when did you ladies and gents know about BB

IamtheBatman

Sidekick
Reaction score
Of course everyone knows when TDK comes out in 08'. But, when did everyone know about BB coming out. For , me I remember finding about BB when I up to Syracuse, NY after I graduated and my grandfather had to take his car to midas in Syracuse and there was an entertainment weekly and it had Christian Bale and the batman cowl in the background. And I told myself holy crap there's a new Batman movie coming out and soon as I got to VA Beach I constantly followed the BB movie. And I didn't know about SHH until January 05'. So what are everyones stories on BB.

I was watching a movie at the theater, and I saw the trailer for it... that's how I came to know about it.

I was visting the Christopher Nolan website, and I saw all of these posters.They were fan made but I thought it was for an up and coming movie, had no idea it was so near.

I'd say around the second half of 2003. Of course, it didn't have a name yet, it was mostly referred to as "Chris Nolan's Batman Movie" until the infamous fake title came out, "Intimidation Game".

I found out when I heard about the casting of Bale on CNN. So I searched the interwebs to learn more of this coming awesomeness, that's how I found out about "Intimidation Game" and the Hype. :up:

I knew about BB since 2003, man it seems like 10 years past.

Well I had been religiously searching the web since 98-99 for any Batman 5 news. I settled at cinescape.com there I found a link to the Batman 5 site that eventually became Superheroes at the Movies. That was the very first site a little after American Psycho that I remember somebody suggesting Bale for the reboot (Fabio2 the site's admin). I became a regular there and also found out about BOF through that site and followed any and every Batman film development. Towards the end of 99 heading into 2000 it was announced that the next Bat flick would either be Year One or Batman Beyond. So for years I went along with that until Batman Vs. Superman was being developed and then segued into Batman Begins sometime in '02.

After hearing about BatmanVSSuperman I couldn't really take any new Batmovie seriously so I kinda just forgot about it. Then BB took me completely by surprise when I heard about it on another forum early 2004, I think the main cast and 'Year One' angle had already established and I couldn't really believe it. I had only seen American Psycho for the first time a couple weeks before (already one of my favourite books) and 28DaysLater with Cillian Murphy was my favourite movie at the time.

I stared at that first Tumbler pic for about an hour with my mouth open, then when I first saw the batsuit pics I thought it was absolutely fu*ken horrendous until the actual movie stills appeared. With the pic of Scarecrow I knew it be a good movie.

I was always checking up on various websites for Batman 5 news, and was thrilled when I read Bale had been cast unfortunately it was also the day John Ritter had died.

I found out from my uncle a few years back. He said that they were making a new Batman movie, and that the Scarecrow was going to be the villain. I thought it would just be another stupid addition to the Burton-Schumacher series, and I had no idea that it would become what it is.

I only saw the BB movie a few weeks ago,but i heard about the movie for a few months ago.

Ive always followed the franchise gossip, but it wasnt until I heard they hired Nolan and Goyer that I knew there was actually going to be one made. Then the announcement on CNN about Bale being cast is pretty much what set it in stone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"