The Dark Knight Recycling Villains - How do you feel about it?

This is all true, look at what the studio did to Forever, even with the deleted footage, they removed everything REMOTELY dark from that film.

Yeah, there was some deleted scenes that was taken out that would'vebmade that movie very different in the overall feel.

Such as what is was that Thomas Waynes' wrote in his Journel and the whole scene where Bruce goes into the cave to regain his memory and is reclaimed by 'the Bat' (that was very much a panel for panel take fom DKR)

Thank goodness the re-mastered edititons shows them. I would love to see a Director's cut of Batman Forever.

Thank God they're "recycling" the Joker the greatest Bat-villain and possibly villain ever. He is Batman's flip side, if you are going to reboot the franchise, you need to reboot him as well.
Plus if you go down the list of "fresh" Bat-villain that haven't been used on screen, they're not that great, even "stars" like the penguin or Riddler can't really compare to the sheer genius that the Joker creation is.

Thank God they're "recycling" the Joker the greatest Bat-villain and possibly villain ever. He is Batman's flip side, if you are going to reboot the franchise, you need to reboot him as well.
Plus if you go down the list of "fresh" Bat-villain that haven't been used on screen, they're not that great, even "stars" like the penguin or Riddler can't really compare to the sheer genius that the Joker creation is.

Completely agree. I'm glad they're reinventing Joker as well as Two Face.

if there are any two villains to bring back better than ever, it's joker and two-face. in fact, before i saw 'batman begins', my major gripe was that joker wasn't in it.

Scarecrow served as nothing but a pawn, Falcone was good as the "Godfather" of Gotham, and Ra's only revealed himself in act 3. A good actor was behind Ra's, even had some good dialogue, but like all of the villains in Begins, was still lacking and could have been better. But that's completely understandable, they wanted to use villains not seen before on screen and Begins was 90% about Bruce Wayne. Now that his origin is out of the way, we should be seeing more of the villains now. Especially the ones that are known names.

Completely agree. I'm glad they're reinventing Joker as well as Two Face.

:huh: x 1000

Huh? Then why were you arguing with me about them inventing NEW villians for Batman novies (i.e Max Shreck)?

My inital statement is that I'm ALL FOR recycling (reinventing) Batman main villians.

Yeah, I agree Two-Face, even though not as magnificent a creation as the Joker is, is still a great character and right up there in the Bat pantheon and I can't wait to see what Nolan does with him.
After that, besides Catwoman who is not truly a real villain per se, I wonder who'll be a worthy foe for Batman.
Scarecrow as done by Nolan was really cool though but could he be the star-villain of a Bat movie ?
Maybe they should keep recycling the Joker over and over again like Blofeld in Bond but even that would probably get old.
Maybe this movie really works as a trilogy and a twenty years gap is necessary for another reinvention.

Joker and Two Face are worthy of re-inventing... in fact almost all the villains are.

What exactly was Penguin in Burton's film - he was NOT the Penguin I know! And neither was Catwoman.

I'm not opposed to anyone re-appearing. Penguin could easily be a minor villain or a secondary character in another Batman sequel.

Joker and Two Face are worthy of re-inventing... in fact almost all the villains are.

What exactly was Penguin in Burton's film - he was NOT the Penguin I know! And neither was Catwoman.

I'm not opposed to anyone re-appearing. Penguin could easily be a minor villain or a secondary character in another Batman sequel.

penguin's small fry. catwoman's hardly a villain, really!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"